Team Canada

Guest turquoiseblue
4 hours ago, turquoiseblue said:

2 hours ago, turquoiseblue said:

:huh:

Skate Canada should cover the costs of PCR tests for all the skaters :tumblr_inline_mqt4gvxBXC1qz4rgp:

5 hours ago, turquoiseblue said:

:huh:

Skate Canada should cover the costs of PCR tests for all the skaters :tumblr_inline_mqt4gvxBXC1qz4rgp:

Even if they cover the costs...the only lab in Ottawa that's doing private, fee-for-service PCR tests right now is limited to travellers only, and you have to tell them the flight you're booked on before they'll let you book the test, for example. So the barrier isn't just money, but access to a lab that does them. 

Guest turquoiseblue
5 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Even if they cover the costs...the only lab in Ottawa that's doing private, fee-for-service PCR tests right now is limited to travellers only, and you have to tell them the flight you're booked on before they'll let you book the test, for example. So the barrier isn't just money, but access to a lab that does them. 

Thank you for the detailed explanation. I hope everyone stays safe and healthy :smiley-angelic001: :grouphug::snonegai:

On 1/2/2022 at 8:31 PM, rockstaryuzu said:

So, as maybe everyone knows already, Skate Canada took the wise decision to hold Canadian Nationals without an audience. 

However, this means we can't cheer for the skaters as we'd like to, so I'm proposing a project:

Let's all post our support and cheers for them on social media! You can post directly to the Skate Canada SM accounts, or to the skater's own accounts if you follow them. 

I suggest something like, if you already have a banner for the skater you like,  post a photo of it to their Twitter or to the Skate Canada acc't, or just post a supportive message. On Twitter, use an appropriate hashtag too, like maybe #GoCanSkaters or some such. 

I really think it'll give them a shot in the arm when they need it. 

Social media accounts to post to: (i will add more as I hunt them down)

Skate Canada:

Twitter: @SkateCanada

Insta: skate_canada

Facebook: Skate Canada/Patinage Canada

I didn't forget about this, just got busy. 

Anyway it's not too late! Cheer the skaters on on social media:

Insta: 

@roman_sadovsky

@sk8terkeeg

@namnamnoodle

@pipergillies

@pauldpoirier

@marinarosauce1

@kirsten_mt

@gabby_daleman

@maddieschizas

@trenntmichaud  ( i couldn't figure out which was Evelyn's official insta)

@lagha_zak

@marjorie.lajoie

Twitter:

@Rad85E

@VanessaJamessk8

Roman, Keegan, and Nam all have easily found Twitter handles.

I couldn't find Beaudry and Sorenson

@CarolaneSoucis1

@ShaneFirus