November 28, 20223 yr On 11/27/2022 at 7:46 AM, 5tarfruit said: Wow, seriously? If I still watched competitions live, I won't even bother to buy really good tickets I'd take crappy seats and wait to be moved to better ones lmao I think this will change once the anti-covid measures are relaxed in China and Russia ends the war in Ukraine. TBH I don't expect FS to collapse, there are still many people who like it as it is. (Not me though. Dispite some interesting moments I have so far failed to really engage with this GP series. I'm starting to wonder if I am really a FS fan like I used to be as a teenager, or just a Yuzu fan. Watching some GP crumbs, I'm still mourning the fact that I was late to the Yuzu's competitive party. Sorry for the mood ).
November 28, 20223 yr 22 hours ago, Perelandra said: Just going to throw out something contentious. Mark was commentating at John Wilson trophy. Shun appeared and Mark mentioned that Shun is another promising skater, also Junior champion, 4th junior champion from Japan and hails from Sendai. Sendai being the home of YH, so far so good, then ..... cover you ears if you did not already hear what he said next and cover your eyes if you prefer not to see Reveal hidden contents He then said YH also a World champion like U No who. Ok you think, not too bad. Then no mention of the other accolades won by Yuzu. Maybe an oversight, however, this is doubtful, because there were mentions of other achievements made by other skaters from Japan. It was a deliberate whitewash not mentioning other Yuzu achievements and grouping one of greatness with the herd. In the grand scheme it matters not, because having seen the less than packed attendance at the GP series so far and the Hunger Games Cornucopia for Prologue tickets, it is plain to see which 'sport' is floundering. Captain Smith of the ill fated Titanic was in denial for many hours and kept the ship going at full ahead, taking on more water and sinking the ship faster in the end. You are expecting too much from Mark Hanretty. He is one of those very few who "liked" this delusion: He is a mere mouthpiece, just pretends to be polite and gentleman.
November 28, 20223 yr I’d advise not to make such a fuss over what Zoueva says. The woman has always promoted all of her students with most ridiculous claims, she’s just doing it once again. All she deserves is laughter, in this respect. In fact, she ends up saying Yuzu is better as a skater, just happens not to be “first”, ergo, not as popular. Which anyone with half a brain functioning knows to be false.
November 28, 20223 yr 5 hours ago, Guest Mary_kyo said: You are expecting too much from Mark Hanretty. He is one of those very few who "liked" this delusion: He is a mere mouthpiece, just pretends to be polite and gentleman. OMG imagine liking this....it's an "alternative fact!!" Do you think Mark believes Daisuke is more popular than Yuzuru?? or just wishes he was?
November 29, 20223 yr 7 hours ago, Pammi said: OMG imagine liking this....it's an "alternative fact!!" Do you think Mark believes Daisuke is more popular than Yuzuru?? or just wishes he was? I believe he liked it because the interview is long and contains a lot more than that revelation that Dai is more popular than Yuzu. Most of it is pretty interesting, though there are points which make you roar with laughter - not just the point with Yuzu, but also the impression the whole interview makes that Kana is an encumbrance and Marina would have Dai dance alone, whereas in fact it is Kana who is the stronger half of the dancing couple, Dai is sadly technically very much basic still (no wonder). The interviewer matters too. It’s Vaitsekhovskaya, the woman who has held a grudge against Yuzu for years now and manifests it whenever possible, but at the same time she knows that if she puts Yuzu’s name in the title, the interview will get more hype. It did, even people not interested in dances like me read it. But most Russian readers just laughed at most of it. It’s too ridiculous to be taken seriously.
November 29, 20223 yr On 11/26/2022 at 8:59 PM, ralucutzagy said: those top 2 had done multi high valued quads at fs, but still didn't get 200 pts .. Missing Yuzu's fs even though jumped only with low valued quads at minimum of 4 and scored more than 200, and the excitement and anxiousness during his performance Guys, it is possible for Yuzu to compete at nationals just for fun? Terribly missed him 😭
November 29, 20223 yr 11 hours ago, Fay said: I believe he liked it because the interview is long and contains a lot more than that revelation that Dai is more popular than Yuzu. Most of it is pretty interesting, though there are points which make you roar with laughter - not just the point with Yuzu, but also the impression the whole interview makes that Kana is an encumbrance and Marina would have Dai dance alone, whereas in fact it is Kana who is the stronger half of the dancing couple, Dai is sadly technically very much basic still (no wonder). The interviewer matters too. It’s Vaitsekhovskaya, the woman who has held a grudge against Yuzu for years now and manifests it whenever possible, but at the same time she knows that if she puts Yuzu’s name in the title, the interview will get more hype. It did, even people not interested in dances like me read it. But most Russian readers just laughed at most of it. It’s too ridiculous to be taken seriously. Aaaah I see that Mark would have had an interest in/liked the ice dance content...yes and Yuzuru's name always gets the clicks, it all makes sense now lol! Still, why people hold a grudge against Yuzuru is so hard to understand...he is so lovely, works so hard, put out a fantastic body of work, made the sport more popular, loves Russian figure skating community...just what is not to like??
November 29, 20223 yr 43 minutes ago, Pammi said: Aaaah I see that Mark would have had an interest in/liked the ice dance content...yes and Yuzuru's name always gets the clicks, it all makes sense now lol! Still, why people hold a grudge against Yuzuru is so hard to understand...he is so lovely, works so hard, put out a fantastic body of work, made the sport more popular, loves Russian figure skating community...just what is not to like?? They say he refused to give an interview to Vatsekhovskaya long ago. Since then she has been concocting quite a lot of myths about him.
November 30, 20223 yr 9 hours ago, Fay said: They say he refused to give an interview to Vatsekhovskaya long ago. Since then she has been concocting quite a lot of myths about him. that's what happen with uncle phil too right? Yuzu never agree to be interviewed by him.
November 30, 20223 yr 1 hour ago, ccy said: that's what happen with uncle phil too right? Yuzu never agree to be interviewed by him. Not quite. Phil is not an old woman holding a grudge and was able to write quite a lot of complimentary stuff on Yuzu. Vaits managed to turn a story about Yuzu’s win in Pyeongchang into a story how great Nathan Chen is.
November 30, 20223 yr 4 hours ago, Fay said: Not quite. Phil is not an old woman holding a grudge and was able to write quite a lot of complimentary stuff on Yuzu. Vaits managed to turn a story about Yuzu’s win in Pyeongchang into a story how great Nathan Chen is. no..not about the grudge.I mean..Yuzu refused to be interviewed by Phil same as he refused to be interviewd by Vat
November 30, 20223 yr 3 hours ago, ccy said: no..not about the grudge.I mean..Yuzu refused to be interviewed by Phil same as he refused to be interviewd by Vat I understand, but not everyone clings to their grudges the way that woman does. She never misses a chance to diss Yuzu whenever she can. At least Phil did not invent stuff about Yuzu, Vaits did. My favourite comes from 2015 review of a Grand Prix event (French GP, if I am not mistaken, when she called Kikuchi Yuzu’s fengshui expert. And claimed that Yuzu was unnerved by seeing dead flies on the arena.
November 30, 20223 yr 54 minutes ago, Fay said: I understand, but not everyone clings to their grudges the way that woman does. She never misses a chance to diss Yuzu whenever she can. At least Phil did not invent stuff about Yuzu, Vaits did. My favourite comes from 2015 review of a Grand Prix event (French GP, if I am not mistaken, when she called Kikuchi Yuzu’s fengshui expert. And claimed that Yuzu was unnerved by seeing dead flies on the arena. ok..I didn't know about this. what is wrong with this woman? OMG!
November 30, 20223 yr 4 minutes ago, ccy said: ok..I didn't know about this. what is wrong with this woman? OMG! I’ll translate that charming extract later on, it’s worth reading!
Create an account or sign in to comment