Message to Yuzu photobook project

Thank you so much for your hard work!

I know putting up a delivery address is kinda difficult (I mean he will get thousands mail a day) but I hope he will soon... and that there will be the possibility to leave presents to shows soon! (come on, even though I still wear a mask inside, this fear of covid needs to stop, pay attention yes, of course but what leaving presents in a basket - or 10 for Yuzu - for 10 days could possibly do? But I'm going of topic . . .)

Thank you!! (Actually I've still haven't watched the video.... going now :P )

Yes we have explored several avenues attempting to find a way to deliver the book. All met with dead ends. 

Collectively we will come up with a solution

When the appeal went out for questions for Yuzu for prologue - a fan mail address was one question ( along with the usual grovelling and begging for internationa ticket purchase )

Ice Rink Sendai was approached, but declined

We have even explored whether a local TV channel might be able to present the book to Yuzu if there were any further Yuzu publicity appearances. Nothing is forthcoming so the book would end up lost.

TCC is not a viable option. 

Any other ideas would be welcome. 

Thank you

23 minutes ago, Perelandra said:

Yes we have explored several avenues attempting to find a way to deliver the book. All met with dead ends. 

Collectively we will come up with a solution

When the appeal went out for questions for Yuzu for prologue - a fan mail address was one question ( along with the usual grovelling and begging for internationa ticket purchase )

Ice Rink Sendai was approached, but declined

We have even explored whether a local TV channel might be able to present the book to Yuzu if there were any further Yuzu publicity appearances. Nothing is forthcoming so the book would end up lost.

TCC is not a viable option. 

Any other ideas would be welcome. 

Thank you

Shot in the dark and obviously far-fetched, but maybe through one of his sponsors...? I don't know, maybe if we can show that people want to reach him for fan-mail (and Yuzu's open to this), there will be something put in place?

3 minutes ago, LiaRy said:

Shot in the dark and obviously far-fetched, but maybe through one of his sponsors...? I don't know, maybe if we can show that people want to reach him for fan-mail (and Yuzu's open to this), there will be something put in place?

To be honest there may be an element of reluctance to open a fan mail address because the service would be inundated with gifts and letters, rather akin to a dam bursting.

Actually it is astonishing to think about how JSF coped with the fan gifts and mail. I used this service when Yuzu was still actively competing, but who knows if they were delivered or what happened to them if Yuzu received the gifts. Active imagination envisages a warehouse the same size as the one at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark where the Ark of the Covenant is placed in order for it to be lost to humanity.

You will laugh though. There is a comprehensive list of rules about what can/cannot be sent via the JSF forwarding service. Some are obvious - gifts of high value, food items, bulky items are prohibited. OK makes sense for, as mentioned, obvious reasons. 

Sending live animals is also prohibited - !!!!!:13877886:Seriously, this had to be included as a separate not permitted item, what do people try to send? The mind boggles, but would you care to imagine a troupe of specially trained mice wearing miniature skates on a tiny rink or a swan in the impromptu Ikea swan bag or a giraffe. What is your guess?

Another reason for JSF to be exasperated, having to employ extra post room staff to cope with Yuzu fan mail. There is probably nothing for them to do now, they are most likely cast out, may be they joined Staff san and are still busy trying to sort out the gift and mail back log. 

In previous years there has been gift boxes in FaOI, not sure if they had them last summer because of covid. But if they have gift boxes next summer and Yuzu is participating... I know it is lot of ifs and next summer is far away, but if you don't find other solutions in the mean time, maybe remember to check it when the time comes?

2 hours ago, lajoitko said:

In previous years there has been gift boxes in FaOI, not sure if they had them last summer because of covid. But if they have gift boxes next summer and Yuzu is participating... I know it is lot of ifs and next summer is far away, but if you don't find other solutions in the mean time, maybe remember to check it when the time comes?

Thank you, that's a good thought. Yes we have hoped that gift drop off boxes might reappear. Both Prologue events specifically stated there would not be any gift giving opportunities. We had looked into whether we might be able to send the book to someone attending prior to that notice. Anyway it was not to be.

Tokyo Dome already stated no gift giving provision. With 50K attendees, Yuzu would need a shipping container sized gift collection receptacle, not at all practical.

In addition, the book could just have been lost in that scale of massive collection.

The book is not of massive monetary value, but it is a representation of the work put in and the manifestation of support and affection from PH. It is a personal and unique gift, not something that can just be grabbed from a shop shelf. No disrespect to shop bought gifts at all, but you can understand that there is a special quality with individually created gifts. We will keep looking for a solution.

Please think of potential suggestions.

A thousand thanks

3 hours ago, gapil27 said:

I suppose Sendai Ice Rink won't even accept stuff if we go there and deliver it ourselves? Because a fanyu I dmed on twitter would gladly help deliver it since she's going on a trip to Japan. But that's not happening until next year, well after GIFT. 

We are not sure about what would happen if someone turned up with a gift. They may still decline even if the fan paid for admission to see the little exhibition or even skate. Once word got around that Ice Rink Sendai accepts gifts, they would be inundated, because it sets a precedent. 

Currently we have to respect their wishes. WE made the enquiry about whether they could accept a gift and they said that his was not feasible. Due to not be able to competently speak Japanese, we asked a Japanese satellite to contact them, which they very kindly did. We are not sure if they were asked whether they would accept mailed gifts or hand delivered gifts. 

There would be problem if your friend very kindly took the book to the rink and then the request to leave it for Yuzu was declined, what would she do with the book?

this is very tricky, due to the number of gifts presented to Yuzu in the past he must have a real problem with how to deal with them all perhaps he has decided that he can no longer accept any presents because the numbers are so vast, even something as uniquely beautiful as the lovingly handmade individual gifts.

I still have the 100 acre wood hand stitched sampler ( curses that it took so long to make ) and there are many other fan made beauties shown on social media. It would be impossible to keep everything. Such a shame because a lot of thought and time has gone into making these lovely things. 

What a lovely sighting of Yuzu in Sendai. Shame for Planet H about a missed opportunity

If only there had been advance notice of Yuzu's appearance at the Sendai Mayor's skating competition we could have tried to persuade one of the competitors to give to book to Yuzu. Pretty sure that Yuzu would not have refused a gift from a little one.

Please Sendai residents if you hear about any potential Yuzu public appearances. please let us know, because these fleeting chances could be our best hope.