Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

13 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

:13877886:remember how i posted that i was feeling panicky about earthquakes?

WE JUST HAD A SURPRISE DRILL

IT TOOK US THREE MINUTES TO EVACUATE BECAUSE OF BOTTLENECKS ON THE STAIRWELLS (there are four stairwells)

I am so mad and nervous and i confirmed that my best chance at survival is staying inside the building, since i work in the top floor i'd fall on top of everyone else...

:tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: please stay alive, we need you
no earthquakes allowed :anger:

2 hours ago, MrPudding said:

my special edition ice jewel arrived. Its so big and beautiful :knc_yuzu2:

I can't wait for mine to arrive...I had to buy it from a reseller because when I got home on the day of release and tried to order it, it was already out of stock :eeking:

I ordered a couple of other magazines too (and the original soundtrack of Onmyoji on CD which I love so much!! <3)

9 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

I just downloaded the 2015 Kouhaku with Yuzu and it was 30GB :tumblr_inline_mqt4gqDerH1qz4rgp: at this rate I'll need a second external drive for Yuzu soon

i hunted down that one until i found it and downloaded it.

I have it backed up three times, so one day i can show it to my children and say "SEE THAT SMILE? I NEVER RECOVERED FROM THAT"

and they'll be like "oh no mom, not this again..."

So my Edward Elric nendoroid finally came in the mail today, that I ordered back in late January. My sister took it out of the box, broke one of the parts, didn't tell me about it, then was surprised that I wasn't very pleased. 

Somewhat scared to see how much a replacement part will cost. 

34 minutes ago, ClarissaH said:

So my Edward Elric nendoroid finally came in the mail today, that I ordered back in late January. My sister took it out of the box, broke one of the parts, didn't tell me about it, then was surprised that I wasn't very pleased. 

Somewhat scared to see how much a replacement part will cost. 

GSC sends you replacement parts for free (sometimes the whole figure) iirc

17 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

GSC sends you replacement parts for free (sometimes the whole figure) iirc

Yeah I know that but to get it for free, I would have to prove that the damage was their fault and not my own. If it's my fault, which it is (or rather my sisters) then I have to pay for the replacement part. 

2 minutes ago, ClarissaH said:

Yeah I know that but to get it for free, I would have to prove that the damage was their fault and not my own. If it's my fault, which it is (or rather my sisters) then I have to pay for the replacement part. 

:13877886:

but it's worth it:9:

32 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

:13877886:

but it's worth it:9:

Yeah it would be. I told my sister that I'd make her pay for it though since she's the one who broke it.

But after having a conversation with her, she said that she took the part out of the box and turned it the way it's supposed to be able to turn, since it was a joint part, and it broke in her hand. It also sat in a mail holding facility that I assume isn't heated for 2 1/2 days while there was a massive snowstorm. GSC even has blog posts about how cold weather can effect joint parts. I likely have a case for manufacturer defect. 

While on the topic of Nendoroids, I've been tempted for a couple months to get a Yuri and a Yurio nendoroid to mash together and repaint in some places to make a homemade Yuzuru Hanyu nendoroid. The hair on Yuri seems like it would work perfectly and Yurio's short program costume looks fairly similar to Notte Stellata, would still need some repainting though but is pretty damn close. 

Just now, ClarissaH said:

Yeah it would be. I told my sister that I'd make her pay for it though since she's the one who broke it.

But after having a conversation with her, she said that she took the part out of the box and turned it the way it's supposed to be able to turn, since it was a joint part, and it broke in her hand. It also sat in a mail holding facility that I assume isn't heated for 2 1/2 days while there was a massive snowstorm. GSC even has blog posts about how cold weather can effect joint parts. I likely have a case for manufacturer defect. 

While on the topic of Nendoroids, I've been tempted for a couple months to get a Yuri and a Yurio nendoroid to mash together and repaint in some places to make a homemade Yuzuru Hanyu nendoroid. The hair on Yuri seems like it would work perfectly and Yurio's short program costume looks fairly similar to Notte Stellata, would still need some repainting though but is pretty damn close. 

i'm eyeing some nendos to make a custom one :13877886:

1 minute ago, Hydroblade said:

i'm eyeing some nendos to make a custom one :13877886:

It's actually fairly common among figure collectors, since GSC obviously can't get around to making a nendo for every character people want one for. 

It's also the only case where it's considered okay to buy bootlegs of nendos for, since you're merely using the parts to craft a custom one and if you were to use official ones it would turn a $30 project into an $80+ project which is just flat out unreasonable. Plus a backlog of nendos aren't available for purchase anymore so for a custom project a bootleg is just more convenient. That just kind of comes down to courtesy and leaving official nendos that are no longer very affordable to those who will leave them in an unaltered state instead of using them for an arts and crafts project. 

Only problem for me atm is that a Yurio sp bootleg nendo hasn't made it to the market yet, since it was just released in Japan in July and hasn't even officially been released in the states yet. It'll happen eventually though. Hopefully. :war:

2 minutes ago, ClarissaH said:

It's actually fairly common among figure collectors, since GSC obviously can't get around to making a nendo for every character people want one for. 

It's also the only case where it's considered okay to buy bootlegs of nendos for, since you're merely using the parts to craft a custom one and if you were to use official ones it would turn a $30 project into an $80+ project which is just flat out unreasonable. Plus a backlog of nendos aren't available for purchase anymore so for a custom project a bootleg is just more convenient. That just kind of comes down to courtesy and leaving official nendos that are no longer very affordable to those who will leave them in an unaltered state instead of using them for an arts and crafts project. 

Only problem for me atm is that a Yurio sp bootleg nendo hasn't made it to the market yet, since it was just released in Japan in July and hasn't even officially been released in the states yet. It'll happen eventually though. Hopefully. :war:

The thing is... I can't find one of the nendos i want! And the custom one would be like a temp thing because i kinda like the ones i want to use anyway :13877886:

#sadlifeofafigurecollector