The Planet's BTS Fan Club

5 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Just saw that myself. I'm a little surprised that he's going that late but glad to see he gets some time to celebrate his birthday. As much as I enjoy seeing him, I hope he spends it doing what he enjoys instead of work obligations.

Looks like we have a silver fox in training

Oof! I don't get how magazines can still think it's ok to be so overtly insulting. I'm not very sensitive and think Army often over react, but even I'm insulted by this line

Geez, that is one big petty phrase if I've ever seen one. 

As childish and unprofessional as the article sounds like, I hope ARMY doesn't harass the author(s) on Twitter, but I know that what I'm asking for is a lot. 

4 hours ago, Luminous said:

You can bet your sweet bum that there will be people at the place when he enlists unfortunately. The military will really have to crank up that security 

You know what would be fun? That he would be sent to a different training center at the very last minute just for shits and giggles, leaving all the media and crazy fans standing there like fools at Yeoncheon.

1 час назад, Whoopiewoop сказал:

You know what would be fun? That he would be sent to a different training center at the very last minute just for shits and giggles, leaving all the media and crazy fans standing there like fools at Yeoncheon

And that would be the best decision.

10 minutes ago, Luminous said:

I don't know why everyone is so hysterical about Jin's enlistment. I mean, the government are real fools. We will miss him and all of the boys. But everything is already solved. Why everyone cries as if Jin is sent to death? Is korean military that bad?

Any military is bad for someone who doesn't have the wish to go or doesn't make it an actual career choice. There is physical labour involved, probably no privacy whatsoever since you are sharing living spaces with everyone 24/7 and that includes showers. During the service in winter must be horrible with all the snow in the mountains. It must be scary as well, especially when you are placed close to the border with N. Korea. It might be a dormant war, but the tension is still there.

It also depends a lot on a man's personality. We know Jin is a softy, and while I'm sure that he will do his best and do a great job at that, he will probably struggle during physical training as well. There have been reports that some camps have awful food quality and is not nutritious enough. Jin is already a skinny pole, if he doesn't consume enough calories while doing exercise for hours on end on top of that who knows how weak he will feel.

You are not being literally sent to death of course, but your whole life stops for almost 2 years, you are forced to do things you don't want to and you can't help but think that you just want to go back home all the time counting down the days. 

That pretty much sounds like one stage of hell to me personally.

22 минуты назад, Whoopiewoop сказал:

Any military is bad for someone who doesn't have the wish to go or doesn't make it an actual career choice. There is physical labour involved, probably no privacy whatsoever since you are sharing living spaces with everyone 24/7 and that includes showers. During the service in winter must be horrible with all the snow in the mountains. It must be scary as well, especially when you are placed close to the border with N. Korea. It might be a dormant war, but the tension is still there.

It also depends a lot on a man's personality. We know Jin is a softy, and while I'm sure that he will do his best and do a great job at that, he will probably struggle during physical training as well. There have been reports that some camps have awful food quality and is not nutritious enough. Jin is already a skinny pole, if he doesn't consume enough calories while doing exercise for hours on end on top of that who knows how weak he will feel.

You are not being literally sent to death of course, but your whole life stops for almost 2 years, you are forced to do things you don't want to and you can't help but think that you just want to go back home all the time counting down the days. 

So, it's mostly about personal comfort. My brother went to military and my family was also terrified. But everything was good and I even managed to visit my brother as a guest there. 

3 hours ago, Luminous said:

So, it's mostly about personal comfort. My brother went to military and my family was also terrified. But everything was good and I even managed to visit my brother as a guest there. 

At least, idols have one advantage:

They know what it's like to share a room with others (sometimes even share a shower), know how to function with minimal sleep and know how to work hard without getting a break.

20 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Wow, thats a lot of featuring xy songs..... only two solo track

5 hours ago, Luminous said:

I don't know why everyone is so hysterical about Jin's enlistment. I mean, the government are real fools. We will miss him and all of the boys. But everything is already solved. Why everyone cries as if Jin is sent to death? Is korean military that bad?

I think it's that there've been many K-Pop idols who've gone in the past and been hazed and harmed while on posting, by other soldiers. Although apparently this doesn't happen as much any more, according to the SK government. 

On top of that, technically North and South Korea are still at war - the current lack of overt fighting is a truce, not an official peace. So there's still tensions, especially in the DMZ, which it sounds like, is where Jin is being sent after training. 

So there is danger...but I agree, there's excess drama over it as well. 

Myself, I'll be interested to see if the rate of defections from North Korea increases while Jin is serving. North Korea does have ARMYs - somehow the music gets in - and if you were one, and thought there was a possibility of someone from BTS being at the South Korean border post...wouldn't you be tempted? Despite the danger. 

3 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Myself, I'll be interested to see if the rate of defections from North Korea increases while Jin is serving. North Korea does have ARMYs - somehow the music gets in - and if you were one, and thought there was a possibility of someone from BTS being at the South Korean border post...wouldn't you be tempted? Despite the danger. 

If they never tried defect for the simple reason to be free but do it just to get a glimpse of him, then there’s something fundamentally wrong with them and I’m not sure I want them anywhere near any of the guys.

12 minutes ago, Whoopiewoop said:

If they never tried defect for the simple reason to be free but do it just to get a glimpse of him, then there’s something fundamentally wrong with them and I’m not sure I want them anywhere near any of the guys.

I wasn't thinking of it in that sense. More like if they were already planning to escape, this might tip the scales a bit further. It's not like people take that kind of a risk on a whim. 

10 hours ago, Whoopiewoop said:

Totally agree - there are those who would like to do almost anything else but have to learn how to use a gun to kill.  Even during the height of the draft here, people could be "conscientious objectors" (some for bonafide religious reasons, such as Quakers) who would get "alternative service".   And it's concerning what has happened to others in the industry.  There has never been anyone bigger than BTS and Jim (and the others) really do need extra security that I doubt will be provided.  And, of course, we are all concerned about bullying.  Sensitive me (Jin, Jimin for instance) can be crushed by the military requirements.    

I am having to hold on to the belief that they will all come out of it okay, but it would not be wholly unexpected if there are serious PTSD issues..