The Planet's BTS Fan Club

rockstaryuzu

The SK president made a visit to Namjoon's unit and had a photo taken with the whole unit. Namjoon is in the photo and he doesn't  look so happy about it (can't blame him).

But the following crumb came out of it. Looks like Namjoon is working with the chaplains. Between him being in the band, and this, I can't help but think that Namjoon has deliberately chosen the most non-violent path through the military that he could possibly find. He's next thing to a conscientious objector at this point. I'm glad he's been able to do this so far.

Also, in the group shot with President Yoon, Namjoon looks utterly p****d off to be stuck there

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

The SK president made a visit to Namjoon's unit and had a photo taken with the whole unit. Namjoon is in the photo and he doesn't  look so happy about it (can't blame him).

But the following crumb came out of it. Looks like Namjoon is working with the chaplains. Between him being in the band, and this, I can't help but think that Namjoon has deliberately chosen the most non-violent path through the military that he could possibly find. He's next thing to a conscientious objector at this point. I'm glad he's been able to do this so far.

Also, in the group shot with President Yoon, Namjoon looks utterly p****d off to be stuck there

Taken on Chuseok which means no one in his unit got time off to visit family for the holiday. And one comment points out that the current SK president never served in the military.

I am not surprised that he is avoiding actual "military" activities and choosing 1)music and 2) a way to help others.  Obviously, there would be no conscientious objector status he would try for.  I read that it is available but it's Jehovahs Witnesses and such who apply - and they are not treated nicely.  Of course, he, and the other members have known since they were little that they would have to serve but I can't imagine that most of them were looking forward to it.  I think he did say that he was looking forward to the chance to "grow up and become a grown man" during his military service or something to that effect.  But it's pretty clear that he is not happy to be there and probably is counting the days until he is free.  (me, too -)

Has anyone bought, with "jelly", access to concert films?  I want to go see JK's documentary but annoyed that it costs, with tax, over $30 and it's not even with any special sound system.

23 hours ago, barbara said:

SO over!    I've seen some headlines from some k-media but not clicking on stories suggesting that HYBE is publicly criticizing JK.  No way that would be true - and I'm still convinced that JK would never have posted any comments about anyone.  Totally not allowed in their contract, for one thing, and he just doesn't post anything controversial.  Some other posts (and hoping for some possible additional Chuseok comments - maybe Hobi - as the other four are more silent):

My opinion, if these posts weren't from JK, we would have gotten a notice about it, I'm 98% sure about that. So I just accept that JK decided to do what he did.
Do I agree with his message - yes
Would I have liked it more if he hadn't posted them - yes
Do I respect his decision- yes
And with that, the story is closed for me..... Waiting for the next drama to happen😶‍🌫️.
And it seems like now they(moa/non-moa-hybe-haters) go against Hybe because of a post from Soobin where he said that he is really really tired......yes, let's blow things out of proportions again😑🙄....sigh....
I really hope that when mhj/nj is solved all will calm down:meditationf:.

By the way, I just saw that NJ Hanni is scheduled for the Gucci fashion show like Jin, so be mentaly prepared if Jin/nj pictures pop up....

11 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Hmmm, but no bts song?🤔

21 minutes ago, barbara said:

Taken on Chuseok which means no one in his unit got time off to visit family for the holiday. And one comment points out that the current SK president never served in the military.

And that's just a shitty thing to do. Couldn't he have visited on a different day?😬

21 minutes ago, barbara said:

Has anyone bought, with "jelly", access to concert films?  I want to go see JK's documentary but annoyed that it costs, with tax, over $30 and it's not even with any special sound system.

No, I keep my hands of jelly, I don't buy them🤷🏼‍♀️.

2 hours ago, Faithyu said:

By the way, I just saw that NJ Hanni is scheduled for the Gucci fashion show like Jin, so be mentaly prepared if Jin/nj pictures pop up....

I read that they might end up travelling together.... if so, I hope Jin takes the opportunity to talk some sense into her

Just now, rockstaryuzu said:

I read that they might end up travelling together.... if so, I hope Jin takes the opportunity to talk some sense into her

He'd be an excellent source of career advice but I think that HYBE may request that he not get involved - unless she approaches him with a legitimate question.  He is bound to be restrained in any case.  He's not going to want to get into the weeds on the whole MHJ fiasco or say anything negative about HYBE (that he helped build and still owns a piece of).

She's nearly 20. She will not have the pressure of MHJ or other NJ members with her, though her security detail will be there.  If she's smart and can get any sort of conversation going with Jin, she would be well advised to ask him who he thinks are good managers at HYBE.  Is it a good idea to breach your contract? NO.  And if she would delve into anything regarding MHJ and her ouster from Ador, he would probably tell her he cannot advise her on any of that.

It's going to be awkward, regardless.  They'll probably be at the same hotel, but Jin will have his own transportation and his own security detail (two guys? maybe more - did he have two or three for the Olympics?)  And he's 11 years older and a fairly strict adherent to the whole Korean age deference culture.  She isn't Korean and may not understand that, but, in ordinary circumstances, she'd ask someone older to introduce her to Jin.     My heart to Jin.  He's polite and a gentleman and diplomatic.  And we won't hear a word about it.

10 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Namjoon came home! :loveshower:

lol

The man really wants to get back to his life.

I saw a Korea Dispatch post of Hanni at Incheon at roughly the same time as Jin but nothing of them together and she didn't get the same reception at all (of course).  Love that Jin's hair is finally growing in...  Waiting to see the arrival photos.

Two posts - one instructional, I guess.  The first one makes me laugh as we've always felt for the cameraman having to chase JK around during RunBTS episodes -