The Planet's BTS Fan Club

rockstaryuzu

The scammys make me furious - for their choices and stupidity but mostly because I know it matters to some of the members -

I know a couple of you ave differing views of cigarette smoking, but we can all agree is is unhealthy (particularly for someone who depends on their voice and stamina) and stinky.  And is very frowned upon in Korea -   So this was kind of a surprise and a huge disappointment.

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/bts-rm-accidentally-posts-smoking-picture-instagram/

Looks like Brian Puspos, one of the main dancers for JK during his solo stuff, is literally driving his reputation to the ground with ARMY right now. 🫣

First he makes it clear that he doesn't care that one of his colleagues is supporting a genocide and even uses the watermelon emoji which is used to safe face, and not really a sign of support for Palestine, but now he also is liking posts encouraging JK to go entirely solo and ditch the Tannies.  

I'm the first that thinks ARMY can take it too far sometimes with their righteousness (at times ridiculous) but I gotta agree with them on this one.

1 hour ago, barbara said:

The scammys make me furious - for their choices and stupidity but mostly because I know it matters to some of the members -

I know a couple of you ave differing views of cigarette smoking, but we can all agree is is unhealthy (particularly for someone who depends on their voice and stamina) and stinky.  And is very frowned upon in Korea -   So this was kind of a surprise and a huge disappointment.

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/bts-rm-accidentally-posts-smoking-picture-instagram/

We kinda already knew Namjoon was smoking since Army saw a lighter on his desk in one of his weverse lives iirc ... so Tae, JK, RM ... I have a funny feeling Yoongi does too ... eh they are all grown ups it is what it is ...

1 minute ago, ralucutzagy said:

We kinda already knew Namjoon was smoking since Army saw a lighter on his desk in one of his weverse lives iirc ... so Tae, JK, RM ... I have a funny feeling Yoongi does too ... eh they are all grown ups it is what it is ...

Oh Yoongi definitely does. He knew how to handle that ciggie in Haegeum and it was most certainly not SFX.

2 hours ago, Whoopiewoop said:

Looks like Brian Puspos, one of the main dancers for JK during his solo stuff, is literally driving his reputation to the ground with ARMY right now. 🫣

First he makes it clear that he doesn't care that one of his colleagues is supporting a genocide and even uses the watermelon emoji which is used to safe face, and not really a sign of support for Palestine, but now he also is liking posts encouraging JK to go entirely solo and ditch the Tannies.  

I'm the first that thinks ARMY can take it too far sometimes with their righteousness (at times ridiculous) but I gotta agree with them on this one.

I've been watching that unfold and, yeah, it's a whole mess. Today my tl is full of "that's why we shouldn't act too friendly to the artists Tannies collab with" takes and I'm not sure if that's the right answer either. It's sufficient to calmly call out the artist in question and let the chips fall where they may, without making it into a whole knock-down, drag-out fight. If the person being called out responds by doubling down, block him and move on. 

Regardless of his own beliefs, JK for obvious reasons probably can't say anything about world geopolitics right now, not when he's about to enlist. Soldiers generally aren't allowed to express personal politics while serving.