General Yuzuru Chat

47 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

The intermittent panics over retirement and the worrying about his ankle so prevalent here lately is reminding me of a previous period - the run up to PC when we had no idea what condition his ankle was in, we weren’t expecting him to troll us about it, and I think it was also when everyone was afraid he would rerun Phantom, apart from the handful of Phantom enthusiasts, of whom I am one.  It sort of went in waves - a few pages of panic followed by calm down, followed by renewed panic as the world turned and new fanyus woke up, read the pages and panicked in their turn.  Business as usual!

Yep, that's just what Fanyu's life is about :laughing:<3

9 hours ago, Yuaz12 said:

Why everyone discussing about retirement when yuzu saying that he wanted to reward himself so he skated all of his past programs :68468287:

To me it sounds like he wanted to heal himself in this Olympic. The way he's stay and not go home despite injured, also do all the practices after the individual event, decide to do gala, i see it as him doing it to have fun. I think he wants to make precious memories in this Olympic. Previously he said this Olympic wasn't enjoyable but seeing it how he's enjoying the rest of the time he has in Beijing, skating all his programs, smiling and having fun, that's to heal himself imo.

Imagine if he's comebak to Japan after individual event. The frustration, sad, angry, disappointment he has to bring back to Japan? I'm glad we know he's having fun now. Beijing won't leave him the bad feeling from the competition but precious moment for him too. And confirmation that he's still in love with figure skating.

Very well said! I agree. I think for Yuzu, being on the ice and skating to his heart's delight is really the best therapy. His ankle is unfortunately not in the best shape, but if this is what he needs to heal and reconcile with everything that happened, then so be it. Seeing his utter joy at being on the ice again just for fun is probably also the best therapy for all of us who were so heartbroken for him.

From what Yuzu said in an interview, I understand this as him healing old wounds and regrets about former performances. This is him freeing himself from the burden of regrets from the past. I believe this is the perfect time to let go of the past, relive precious memories, and make a new beginning, whatever that might be.

I'm glad that Yuzu decided to stay after all. To me, it looks like he's a kid who had to study very long and hard for an exam and now that the exam is finally over, he gets to leave the house and run and play around freely. The pressure from the outside world as well as from himself was enormous after he declared that he would challenge a third Olympics. Seeing how tense he was after he arrived in Beijing, he must've been drilling that 4A mercilessly the last couple of weeks until he was exhausted and frustrated. So, it's really good to see him rediscovering his endless love for skating and just having fun.

Who knows what Yuzu will decide for the future. I just hope he'll enjoy his last couple of days at the Olympics and his gala, get proper therapy for his ankle, heal quickly, and take a nice, long vacation. And with a free head, I hope he will follow his heart and decide for himself what he wants to do next.

I think one positive thing to come out of this is that Yuzu might've freed himself from the pressure of always having to win. He and the whole world could see that his value and legacy didn't diminish at all even though he didn't even medal here. The love and admiration people have for him didn't disappear. His fans didn't abandon him. People didn't forget him. The opposite happened. He has more fans and admirers than ever. And the people who already loved and supported him before, love and support him even more. Even the media didn't mock him, but in large parts applauded him for his courage. He remained the biggest star in these Olympics and his quest for the 4A was often a bigger story than who won the medals.

One thing about being afraid of something is that your imagination is often worse than the real thing. You might be terrified of something, but when that really happens, you realize you're still alive and the world is still turning and you're stronger than you thought. This is just speculation on my part, but perhaps Yuzu felt like he had an obligation to win or at least medal and the pressure was so great that he became tense and couldn't even enjoy skating anymore. And perhaps he was - consciously or subconsciously - afraid he might lose his sense of self-worth and people's love and support if he doesn't win.

In competitive sports, it's often the case that athletes define their own value by winning medals. But what happened showed Yuzu and the whole world that his fans love him not because of his medals but because of who he is and what he gives us with his skating. He himself is the most valuable just by being who he is. He gives us the most by just doing what he loves doing the most. His achievements are extraordinary and admirable. But the person he is and the healing, hope, joy, light and inspiration he gives us are infinitely more precious than any medals.

I hope this knowledge frees Yuzu from the pressure and tension of having to win and allows him to soar even higher and with more joy. I have the feeling the best is yet to come. Yuzu is getting better and better as a skater and I look forward to what he will show us in the future. Whatever road he might choose, I hope he's healthy and happy in every way and follows his heart. :heartpound:

10 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

Very well said! I agree. I think for Yuzu, being on the ice and skating to his heart's delight is really the best therapy. His ankle is unfortunately not in the best shape, but if this is what he needs to heal and reconcile with everything that happened, then so be it. Seeing his utter joy at being on the ice again just for fun is probably also the best therapy for all of us who were so heartbroken for him.

From what Yuzu said in an interview, I understand this as him healing old wounds and regrets about former performances. This is him freeing himself from the burden of regrets from the past. I believe this is the perfect time to let go of the past, relieve precious memories, and make a new beginning, whatever that might be.

I'm glad that Yuzu decided to stay after all. To me, it looks like he's a kid who had to study very long and hard for an exam and now that the exam is finally over, he gets to leave the house and run and play around freely. The pressure from the outside world as well as from himself was enormous after he declared that he would challenge a third Olympics. Seeing how tense he was after he arrived in Beijing, he must've been drilling that 4A mercilessly the last couple of weeks until he was exhausted and frustrated. So, it's really good to see him rediscovering his endless love for skating and just having fun.

Who knows what Yuzu will decide for the future. I just hope he'll enjoy his last couple of days at the Olympics and his gala, get proper therapy for his ankle, heal quickly, and take a nice, long vacation. And with a free head, I hope he will follow his heart and decide for himself what he wants to do next.

I think one positive thing to come out of this is that Yuzu might've freed himself from the pressure of always having to win. He and the whole world could see that his value and legacy didn't diminish at all even though he didn't even medal here. The love and admiration people have for him didn't disappear. His fans didn't abandon him. People didn't forget him. The opposite happened. He has more fans and admirers than ever. And the people who already loved and supported him before, love and support him even more. Even the media didn't mock him, but in large parts applauded him for his courage. He remained the biggest star in these Olympics and his quest for the 4A was often a bigger story than who won the medals.

One thing about being afraid of something is that your imagination is often worse than the real thing. You might be terrified of something, but when that really happens, you realize you're still alive and the world is still turning and you're stronger than you thought. This is just speculation on my part, but perhaps Yuzu felt like he had an obligation to win or at least medal and the pressure was so great that he became tense and couldn't even enjoy skating anymore. And perhaps he was - consciously or subconsciously - afraid he might lose his sense of self-worth and people's love and support if he doesn't win.

In competitive sports, it's often the case that athletes define their own value by winning medals. But what happened showed Yuzu and the whole world that his fans love him not because of his medals but because of who he is and what he gives us with his skating. He himself is the most valuable just by being who he is. He gives us the most by just doing what he loves doing the most. His achievements are extraordinary and admirable. But the person he is and the healing, hope, joy, light and inspiration he gives us are infinitely more precious than any medals.

I hope this knowledge frees Yuzu from the pressure and tension of having to win and allows him to soar even higher and with more joy. I have the feeling the best is yet to come. Yuzu is getting better and better as a skater and I look forward to what he will show us in the future. Whatever road he might choose, I hope he's healthy and happy in every way and follows his heart. :heartpound:

Well said :clap: I agree fully.

45 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

From what Yuzu said in an interview, I understand this as him healing old wounds and regrets about former performances. This is him freeing himself from the burden of regrets from the past. I believe this is the perfect time to let go of the past, relieve precious memories, and make a new beginning, whatever that might be.

Beautifully put, thank you so much!

1 hour ago, Yuzurella said:

From what Yuzu said in an interview, I understand this as him healing old wounds and regrets about former performances. This is him freeing himself from the burden of regrets from the past. I believe this is the perfect time to let go of the past, relive precious memories, and make a new beginning, whatever that might be.

GOE +5 !!!!

5 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

❤️❤️❤️

This is beautiful, you said so well❤️. Thank you for this post.

5 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

Great essay! Thank you! If there was needed a commentator to introduce a book about "Hanyu Yuzuru and the Olympic Games", I would recommend you.

6 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

I wish I was as eloquent as you! you put it so beautifully :YuzuPoohLove: This past week was a messy rollercoaster but seeing so much love towards Yuzuru and seeing him enjoying himself at practice really has been the saving grace of this whole competition.