General Yuzuru Chat

On 2/15/2022 at 9:20 PM, Suzu said:

Yes, that 's true. He must have burning desire to skate and constantly evolve, just like Yuzu. I think Valtter should be rewarded with a perseverance  medal :winner2:

During Helsinki GP I saw Valtter for the first time and immediately liked him. :offtopic2:My family has cheered for him during 2 Finlandia Trophys afterwards. He has our greatest respect!

10 minutes ago, Ulrinis said:

During Helsinki GP I saw Valtter for the first time and immediately liked him. :offtopic2:My family has cheered for him during 2 Finlandia Trophys afterwards. He has our greatest respect!

I doubt Valtter probably will not be lurking here, so I say on his behalf :thanks:

2 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

I really hope that one day, Yuzu will do an ice show world tour. I'm sure he alone could sell out big stadiums in many places outside of Japan. It would be easier for his international fans to see him then, since tickets are so difficult to get in Japan, especially when Yuzu is skating. :tumblr_m9gcraReGL1qzckow:

Yuzu’s fans from all over the world, especially Japan and China, would welcome the opportunity to see him skate no matter where it takes place.

For example, at 2019 Skate Canada International in Kelowna, British Columbia, the venue, Prospera Place, was packed to full capacity and I would wager that most of the spectators were international fans or fans from places outside British Columbia. All of the hotels and guest accommodations of the city were full. It was reportedly the busiest weekend experienced by Kelowna International Airport. Hanyuconomy brought in millions of dollars to the city.

No other skater can do this. I would go so far so say that no other athlete can single-handedly do this. Yuzu’s fan appeal is absolutely phenomenal.

I wouldn't worry over much about the naysayers saying Yuzu got his gold medals because other failed... that's not Yuzu's fault....and, um, that's how a lot of gold medallists get their golds, isn't it? If you don't skate perfectly, then it's the least mistake filled program that wins... and that is true in any sport. Make a mistake, you lose. If others make bigger mistakes, they lose.

1 hour ago, Sunshine25 said:

I really wish people would quit bashing Americans. <sigh> We're not all evil. We have a powerful media machine that is really very few of us. Most of us aren't that way. We don't like the media either, which is why we come to places like this. I watched Yuzu skate without American media. I love my fanyus. Please don't paint us all with that brush. 

Fellow American, woot! I cant stand Johnny and Tara"s "commentary". I go out of my way to watch skating with either Japanese or European announcers....but frankly, anywhere else will do lol. And yeah, our media is...something else lol.

Guest Mary_kyo

This is a very nice interview, he shares a lot. His pride on correct Axel (not backxel lmao), his ideal program and it feels like he might not want to continue challenging 4A again.

I love that cheating and exploiting loopholes are never on his cards.

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

It’s unfortunate that with NBC dictating the shots on tv and US media being loud and annoying that tends to be how the US comes across to the FS watching world, especially the English speaking part of it.  I don’t know many Americans but those I do know seem to pan out across the board pretty much like any other nation I’m familiar with.  Unfortunately the loud ones always surge to the front.  Perhaps the Fernandez years made us too comfortable with people being uninterested or polite - Spain had no particular skin in the game and largely just were happy when JF won and pleasant when YH did.  We don’t mean to criticise each American personally on this forum - only the really aggravating ones (JW- SH)

24 minutes ago, Mary_kyo said:

This is a very nice interview, he shares a lot. His proud on correct Axel (not backxel lmao), his ideal program and it feels like he might not want to continue challenging 4A again.

I - obviously - don't know Yuzuru enough to figure out if it's a positive thing if he decides to stop chasing the 4A.I just can't tell at this early stage if he's still got a wish to land it "perfectly" or if he's genuinely content with what he's achieved (which he should obviously be) and I mean it was a breathtaking achievement in itself to almost land it cleanly at the Olympics, especially with a badly sprained ankle.

I don't know if I'm making any sense. Basically I just want him to be fully HAPPY with himself if possible at all, whatever it entails for him, while obviously not torturing his body.

I wish he could feel for even a second the almost overwhelming mixture of love, pride, affection and concern we have for him.

Guest Mary_kyo
11 minutes ago, TokyoDream said:

I - obviously - don't know Yuzuru enough to figure out if it's a positive thing if he decides to stop chasing the 4A.I just can't tell at this early stage if he's still got a wish to land it "perfectly" or if he's genuinely content with what he's achieved (which he should obviously be) and I mean it was a breathtaking achievement in itself to almost land it cleanly at the Olympics, especially with a badly sprained ankle.

I don't know if I'm making any sense. Basically I just want him to be fully HAPPY with himself if possible at all, whatever it entails for him, while obviously not torturing his body.

I wish he could feel for even a second the almost overwhelming mixture of love, pride, affection and concern we have for him.

My guess is that he doesn’t know himself yet. Because honestly, 4A attempts took huge toll on his body and health. It’s understandably a very difficult decision to continue chasing that dream. Me as a fan would love to see him landing one finally (he is so close) but seeing him in severe pains and the risk of severe injuries are very concerning too. Here, he was after his FS and he didn't even wear his shoe properly because apparently his ankle was so swollen

https://weibo.com/tv/show/1034:4737557410545714?from=old_pc_videoshow

4 minutes ago, Mary_kyo said:

My guess is that he doesn’t know himself yet. Because honestly, 4A attempts took huge toll on his body and health. It’s understandably a very difficult decision to continue chasing that dream. Me as a fan would love to see him landing one finally (he is so close) but seeing him in severe pains and the risk of severe injuries are very concerning too. Here, he was after his FS and he didn't even wear his shoe properly because apparently his ankle was so swollen

https://weibo.com/tv/show/1034:4737557410545714?from=old_pc_videoshow

Yeah I agree, don't think he knows either.

Damn that video makes me sad. Obviously we do want him to land 4A but it's only because of what it means to him, not because this is a requirement for us to respect & love even more...

1 hour ago, Mary_kyo said:

This is a very nice interview, he shares a lot. His pride on correct Axel (not backxel lmao), his ideal program and it feels like he might not want to continue challenging 4A again.

I have pretty conflicted feelings about this, but if he's happy with it and has found his motivation elsewhere, then I am happy as well. Also, I love how he just casually mentions being able to do 4.5 revolutions on most of his other jumps

56 minutes ago, Mary_kyo said:

Thank you for sharing. I did not quite get what he was saying, maybe because Japanese is  difficult to translate into English, but I got the same vibe about 4A .

Yuzu has got a lot of thinking to do :scratch3: Maybe he will redefine figure skater Hanyu Yuzuru and accepts new challenges or maybe he will find some completely new aspect of life.  I believe he will do fine whatever path he chooses but Iam not so sure about myself. It will be hard to let the Yuzu dream go. I know I am not going to watch figure skating for a long long time,  but hopefully some day I can refind it and have same kind of joy and happines and ghoosebumps from someone else's skating...who knows...

But it isn't over until it is over and the fat lady sings...so maybe we will be blessed and see perfect Roncapu again <3 and have SP World Record back to it's rightful owner.

Maybe we will also see fantastic new FP with music to die for....there is no harm in dreaming, is there :animated-smileys-angels-151: