General Yuzuru Chat

6 minutes ago, littleorange said:

@YuDai, Maybe it was about the first months after the Olympics? I think I saw the news that he will be in Group A of the US national team for 22/23

I believe Nathan and Vincent are also on that list.

@PerelandraI believe some other federations as well would be very keen to invite Yuzuru (even over their own skaters): the host can invite up to three skaters (per discipline). For example, I don't know that Finland would have three male skaters they would like to invite :scratch3:

Good

6 minutes ago, YuDai said:

I believe Nathan and Vincent are also on that list.

@PerelandraI believe some other federations as well would be very keen to invite Yuzuru (even over their own skaters): the host can invite up to three skaters (per discipline). For example, I don't know that Finland would have three male skaters they would like to invite :scratch3:

Good to know that common sense can prevail, kiitos paljon

8 minutes ago, Perelandra said:

@birnasan

I understand the WS won't change as it's based on points gained through participation in comps and placements. What I meant was that as number 14, Yuzu would not automatically qualify for 2 GP events. As 3 of the top 12 now will not be competing Yuzu becomes the 11th in the queue to be picked for 2 GP events. Correct he can also be given a 2nd GP spot if NHK host selection gives him invitation. There is still a risk that NHK may choose Yuma or Shoma, as they are favoured by JSF.

Financially, it would be madness to allocate only one GP to Yuzu. The GP event and GPF hosts would potentially find their events commercially non viable, plus loss of broadcasting rights and sponsorship incomes.

ISU receives a cut from these events. However, they have demonstrated very poor and suspect decision making in the past.

Hopefully, it will be 2 GP events plus final for Yuzu

It’s Top 12 at Worlds, not top 12 in World Standings. (The 12 spots does shift up if there are skaters who aren’t competing, but Yuzu didn’t compete at Worlds, so it’s moot.) World Standings is Top 24 to be guaranteed 1 spot.

JSF/NHK can both select one of Yuma/Shoma and also select Yuzu, since Yuzu isn’t seeded, so it doesn’t matter who else is in the same GP. The Final depends on how well skaters do at their assignments, and isn’t really an invite.

To be honest, if Yuzu was willing and there wasn’t a rule about getting a max of 2 GP’s, he’d probably get assigned 5 out of 6 GP’s given his marketability. So I wouldn’t worry that he’s not going to get 2. :dontknow:

8 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

To think that this is made of planted rice. Amazing! :cheer:

[NEWS]

I put earlier pics of this planting in fanart - because I do think it is fanart-on-a-field-size scale! 

On 6/30/2022 at 7:24 AM, Yuzurella said:

... and Pooh resting on his lap. The Ice Emperor's fingers gently stroke through Pooh's soft fur, while his face is an unreadable mask adorned with his trademark glare. The ice rink is plunged into darkness. The only source of light is the ethereal glow emitted by the emperor himself, surrounding him like a halo. 0:)

:panic::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:  I liked this thread so much that I made an illustration based on your posts.

@Yuzurella @Perelandra You guys really have a gift for storytelling
3yEq77i

1 hour ago, shumi-e said:

:panic::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:  I liked this thread so much that I made an illustration based on your posts.

@Yuzurella @Perelandra You guys really have a gift for storytelling
3yEq77i

This artwork is fantastic.

It's you that has a terrific gift for story telling. A picture tells a thousand words. Thank you for drawing the story ideas