General Yuzuru Chat

12 minutes ago, Skrimblo_iced said:

im sorry but what r the chances if any he's still in medal contention? perhaps this is a good thing for him because he has less pressure so he can focus on landing 4A, but i still want to know ;w;

According to analysis done by others in the Olympics SP thread, Yuzu will end up on the podium only if miracles happen.

He has to perform the most perfect Tenchi program and with perfect 4A, and everyone else has to mess up very badly enough to lose enough points for Yuzu to close the gap.

He's in 8th after SP so not even in top 6, with a huge score gap.

But I rather see him do the most perfect Tenchi + 4A regardless of podium finish or not.

The perfect Tenchi + 4A will be the greatest skating in history, something beyond medals or scores...

Guest Mary_kyo
11 minutes ago, Skrimblo_iced said:

im sorry but what r the chances if any he's still in medal contention? perhaps this is a good thing for him because he has less pressure so he can focus on landing 4A, but i still want to know ;w;

Not zero. It depends on many factors: first how clean he skates and how he lands the 4A. second, how others skate. Yuzu should land everything cleanly and needs at least a 2ft UR 4A. On the other hand, either Yuma should fail 4Loop or Shoma mess up 2 jumps. 

1 hour ago, sublimeskating said:

According to analysis done by others in the Olympics SP thread, Yuzu will end up on the podium only if miracles happen.

He has to perform the most perfect Tenchi program and with perfect 4A, and everyone else has to mess up very badly enough to lose enough points for Yuzu to close the gap.

He's in 8th after SP so not even in top 6, with a huge score gap.

But I rather see him do the most perfect Tenchi + 4A regardless of podium finish or not.

The perfect Tenchi + 4A will be the greatest skating in history, something beyond medals or scores...

I only see Nathan and Shoma messing up and Junhwan and Yuma doing fine. They have better consistency.

I do see chances of the free skate either being disastrous for the last group or turn out really well. Free skate is a different monster. There are lots of skaters who skate clean SPs, but not alot of skaters can skate clean FS. Moreover not alot of skaters can skate a clean FS with an Olympic pressure for a medal and the last group has that. It will be a test of their mental strength on Thursday. I do agree Yuzu's chances of a medal hangs very much on how badly the last group mess up or perform under olympic pressure. And whether or not Yuzu lands 4A and skates clean on top of that..

I am happy that I can use the excuse of preparing materials for my lecture today and not have to focus on research. How can I do research when I'm dead inside? Normally, I'm very positive and optimistic when it comes to Yuzu but now I'm simply dark. I just don't want this feeling of yearning for miracles. Both in his case and in our (I and hubby) personal life. I want him and us to get the result of our hard working, dedication, integrity,... Why is it not happening? For how long to keep pushing without seeing the result?

Edit: I apologize for the rant. Obviously, he has already reached far beyond the capabilities of any past or current skater and most human beings to tell the truth. He has nothing to prove. It is a privilege that he still allows us to see his performances. I am glad that he is coping with this joke of destiny, i.e. hole in the ice, much better than us. 

1 minute ago, snowy said:

I am happy to be able to use the excuse of preparing materials for my lecture today and not having to focus on research. How do I research when I'm dead inside? Normally I'm very positive and optimistic when it comes to Yuzu but now I'm just gloomy. I just don't want that feeling of yearning for miracles. Both in his case and in our personal life (me and my husband). I want him and us to get the result of our hard work, dedication, integrity,... Why isn't this happening? How long to continue pushing without seeing the result?

I'm like you SNOWY, heart in pieces and (without shame) my eyes are in tears (well I think that when I get back home, I'm going to melt) that she injustice in relation to her HACHARNED work and all that that we have written and know about HIM Mr HANYU YUZUZU SAN and I write it like that with all the honor that belongs to him YES and how many times, he has helped me in this year 2021 and admiring him and with all the courage he gave me, I'm going to wait like you ALL and ALL his FS and I read in French articles : "NC dazzling" ..... and I put you an article that says "what would be a hole in the ice? which would have made him miss his 1st jump" and the saddest thing is that he went to see it and went back there again........ 

https://www.challenges.fr/sport/jo-2022-patinage-la-defaillance-hanyu-la-demonstration-chen_799847   

PS : I was able to see his SP here on the planet, I confirm it 

7 hours ago, Henni147 said:

My deepest condolences for your loss. I know this situation all too well. I have lost both my grandparents and my aunt over the past 3 years.

Yuzu's skating helped me find comfort and get through this difficult time. It's immeasurable in points and I hope he knows it.

Same as HENNI : my most sincere condolences for Mary Kyo, I lost no one, but I had the covid and my mother who is aging badly and my causes of concern with my brother and it is also said at home : "go hide in a hole " alas !!!!!  

We ALL and ALL members of this planet, we send a truck of COURAGE to Yuzu  :softyuzu:  and he has not had (at least at the ice rink) the comfort of  : YuzuPoohLove:  and I think he must have it in his room  :snmouchotto:  and this little gesture that he made so much ......