General Yuzuru Chat

Regarding the ELLE Japan teaser clip and photos...

:8788161:

:10742290:

:13877886:

:dbana:

:0002:

In short, my brain has short-circuited and I have ceased to function.

And 2 copies of this magazine shall be arriving on my doorstep in the not-too-distant future.... ay caramba

16 minutes ago, nekodearu said:

OK, it's time to cool down for a while before more death-defying photos emerge. This season has come to an end and I am wondering how I can reach Yuzu with my music request. Any ideas? I wont him to skate to this: :animated-smileys-angels-151:

Very fitting, the concerto is supposed to evoke the vastness and isolation of the frozen northern wilderness. The beginning is said to be the shimmering ice crystals starting to swirl and dance above the ice surface, coming to life in whipped up by the arctic winds as they blow across the desolate tundra. 

23 minutes ago, nekodearu said:

OK, it's time to cool down for a while before more death-defying photos emerge. This season has come to an end and I am wondering how I can reach Yuzu with my music request. Any ideas? I wont him to skate to this: :animated-smileys-angels-151:

Thats one of my fav violin concertos ever written. Once yuzu said he love unfinished symphony by schubert. So i guess he is very into classical music. I bet he knows that piece as well. This concerto's 3rd movement is just amazing but it requires a lot of arrangement because its too long to skate. I love metal, rock and punk music so much but now i think its time to see classical performances from him since its been too long that he hasnt skated. We know he particularly loves piano music but he seems to open to new experiences. All we have to do is just wait and see. About requests? Idk there are so many great pieces in my mind but i cant choose wich one is suitable for skating.

Dear PH,

Apologies for stealing your thunder and posting your twt post

The exhibition title 'A Journey Beyond Dreams' would be a fitting title for a different kind of project, like an ice show perhaps maybe ????

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
1 hour ago, Perelandra said:

Very fitting, the concerto is supposed to evoke the vastness and isolation of the frozen northern wilderness. The beginning is said to be the shimmering ice crystals starting to swirl and dance above the ice surface, coming to life in whipped up by the arctic winds as they blow across the desolate tundra. 

Exactly. Isn't also Finland Yuzu's favorite European country? :wink2: 

The beginning gives me always goosebumps, it's almost ASMR for me. This piece contains everything that Yuzu is best at: subtlety, fragility, nostalgia, monumentality, drama, power, dynamism, contrasts and so on.

It is also.. how to put it... :scratch3: Skatable? I just hear all the deep edges, steps, spins, arm movements, Yuzu's genius slow-downs, stops and jumps. I can't say the same about some of my favourite Chopin pieces, so that's already a big advantage.

3 hours ago, bubbletea said:

Thats one of my fav violin concertos ever written. Once yuzu said he love unfinished symphony by schubert. So i guess he is very into classical music. I bet he knows that piece as well. This concerto's 3rd movement is just amazing but it requires a lot of arrangement because its too long to skate. I love metal, rock and punk music so much but now i think its time to see classical performances from him since its been too long that he hasnt skated. We know he particularly loves piano music but he seems to open to new experiences. All we have to do is just wait and see. About requests? Idk there are so many great pieces in my mind but i cant choose wich one is suitable for skating.

I especially love this piece as interpreted by Hilary Hahn :heart:

I hope Yuzu likes it, it's still the same Romantic era as Saint-Saëns, although the concerto was composed at the end of that period, some 40 years later than the Introduction and Rondo Capriccioso.

As for the 3rd movement, I like in particular the part starting from 33:45 and I'm crazy about how Hilary Hahn played the harmonics. I can imagine young Yuzu with his Zigeunerweisen-like type of skating performing to this part :laughing:

To be fair, I would count One Summer's Day as part of the classical genre. Much of contemporary film music uses the fundamentals of music from the Classical and Romantic eras and Joe Hisaishi is one of the best examples of this (and one of my favourites too).

The question is: in the nearest future, will Yuzu be mentally in the right place to convincingly perform classics? I would certainly like to see more dancing from him, I really enjoy the innovative If and the energetic Ashura, but he has dived so deep into popular music and is so eager to explore new territories, that I wonder if it distances him from the emotional states specific to more traditional compositions. His performances are at their best when he skates from the bottom of his heart, according to what he really feels at a given moment and what kind of story he has to tell. If he's living hip-hop, J-pop or K-pop now, I'd rather see that than a somewhat forced rendition of the classics.