Everything posted by rockstaryuzu
-
2024 Figure Skating World Championship (Montreal, Canada)
Deanna and Max won!
-
2024 Figure Skating World Championship (Montreal, Canada)
Pairs free and Keegan and Nam are here manning the giant flag
-
2024 Figure Skating World Championship (Montreal, Canada)
About as good as I've ever seen Shoma skate. Wasn't expecting him to get 107 tho
-
2024 Figure Skating World Championship (Montreal, Canada)
Ilia skated well, and yet... meh
-
2024 Figure Skating World Championship (Montreal, Canada)
Even though he fell, Jun still deserved a better score than that. Argh.
-
2024 Figure Skating World Championship (Montreal, Canada)
Not Kao's day, I guess. It was going so well
-
2024 Figure Skating World Championship (Montreal, Canada)
Amen! Also, Deniss' costume suits him so well. Yuma just skated a literally perfect skate. 106. Wow
-
2024 Figure Skating World Championship (Montreal, Canada)
Camden being Camden again.... 😔
-
2024 Figure Skating World Championship (Montreal, Canada)
I used a flag for Roman though. Used the heart for Jason. Oh my God. What the H**l happened with Boyang? He was landing those jumps in warm up, he looked good, and then... 🤯😱😭 Having his and Jason's programs back-to-back was the literal agony and ecstasy of figure skating. Cripes. I nearly cried. It's much much worse watching that 💩 go down in person.
-
2024 Figure Skating World Championship (Montreal, Canada)
I did! Purple heart emoji!
-
2024 Figure Skating World Championship (Montreal, Canada)
Aleks Selevko has performance quality with a capital 'P'... just incredible to watch
-
2024 Figure Skating World Championship (Montreal, Canada)
Litvininsev's bright orange animal print shirt is even more so IRL! Looks like I'm sitting on Boyang's jump corner!
-
2024 Figure Skating World Championship (Montreal, Canada)
Yeah so Roman NAILED IT!!!! 84 pts!
-
2024 Figure Skating World Championship (Montreal, Canada)
Maurizio Zandron really bringing the glam and the glitter! What a costume!
-
2024 Figure Skating World Championship (Montreal, Canada)
Georgii Reshtenko has lovely quality of movement! Lots of potential here.
-
2024 Figure Skating World Championship (Montreal, Canada)
Donovan SERVED! And did his 4S right in front of me.... I was on the edge of my seat. 80.19 pts Roman is still a ways away... 40 skaters in this event! So far, the men have been setting a pretty high bar - varying tech levels, but everyone going clean except for a pop or two
-
2024 Figure Skating World Championship (Montreal, Canada)
Donovan is SO SPARKLY today! This yellow and green costume... wow!
-
The Planet's BTS Fan Club
TXT has officially made the ISU playlist. Magic was the first song I heard in the arena today. The pub where I stopped for breakfast was also playing Closer Than This over the loudspeakers
-
2024 Figure Skating World Championship (Montreal, Canada)
Kaori had a weird little slip in her step seq and an iffy 3Lz landing. She just seemed a little off. So whoever is DJ-ing the arena music today just played Blinding Lights during the judge/tech panel intro - and cut it off as soon as the intro ended. It's *very* hard for me as a fanyu not to read too much into that 🤣
-
2024 Figure Skating World Championship (Montreal, Canada)
So I just discovered that the ISU's YouTube feed for Worlds is geo-blocked in Canada. Presumably that means it'll be broadcast on CBC, but for anyone setting a VPN to watch, don't use Canada Also, what was the pairs short result?
-
The Planet's BTS Fan Club
Probably have to keep the kitchen ceiling clean of grease for fire prevention or something... I haven't seen anything but rumours for what Jimin is up to
-
The Planet's BTS Fan Club
Seventeen actually came through Canada on their last tour, so they definitely did well enough to make it worth their while again. Enlistment news:
-
The Planet's BTS Fan Club
My S.I.L' s aunt is the VP of one of the big concert promoters/productions corps based in NYC ( and no, she won't tell me which one). Through that connection, I have learned that it's basically a money-losing venture for most big international acts to come to Canada, except for Toronto...and she (the aunt), although she's from Ottawa, will avoid booking acts here because she knows she won't be able to sell out the show. Kinda sucks.
-
The Planet's BTS Fan Club
No... they could be playing Tuktoyaktuk... ( and good Lord, that would be funny!!)
-
The Planet's BTS Fan Club
I hope they do! And I hope S. Coups' knee heals up well enough for him to enjoy the tour