Best choreographers/choreography

On 4/18/2019 at 3:43 AM, Yume said:

Nikolai Morozov is often forgotten (maybe because he's not so liked). He made some good things like this for Volosozhar/Trankov https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=%23&ved=2ahUKEwid2-3zkNjhAhUWVRUIHcedBpgQwqsBMAd6BAgEECU&usg=AOvVaw0VTJzWxrN8ZFOD4xbU2nov&cshid=1555538824833

He also choreographed a few of my favorite Kwan programs, it turns out!! Tosca, The Feeling Begins, Spartacus, and Aranjuez!

• 1 month later...

Shout out for Chris Dean.  Not only was he Chief Choreographer for team Torvill and Dean but he helped Aljona Savchenko and Bruno Massot win Gold at the Pyeongchang Olympics by choreographing their free programme.  It's an absolute dream to watch.

11 hours ago, Louitunes said:

Shout out for Chris Dean.  Not only was he Chief Choreographer for team Torvill and Dean but he helped Aljona Savchenko and Bruno Massot win Gold at the Pyeongchang Olympics by choreographing their free programme. 

He also did the Duchesnays' Free Dance "Missing", and Kwan's LP to Bolero.

I really can't find a list of his works anywhere... Pretty sure I've heard about more of it.

11 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

He also did the Duchesnays' Free Dance "Missing", and Kwan's LP to Bolero.

I really can't find a list of his works anywhere... Pretty sure I've heard about more of it.

Christopher Dean's choreography that I like:

- Savchenko / Massot's La Terre vu du ciel

- Anissina / Peizerat's Carmina Burana

- Gilles / Poirier's Pure Imagination/Sweet Dreams (Are Made of These)

- Gilles / Poirier's Hitchcock

3 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Ah, did he also do A/P's Romeo and Juliet? That may be what I was remembering, it pops into my mind when I think of ID.

2 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

Ah, did he also do A/P's Romeo and Juliet? That may be what I was remembering, it pops into my mind when I think of ID.

I hesitated to put Romeo and Juliet (which is my favourite Romeo and Juliet after Yuzu) because I can't actually find any info on who choreographed it but they have very similar elements to Carmina Burana so maybe?

14 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

I just watched the CBC broadcast of Nagano and Tracy said that the choreographer for Romeo and Juliet was by Shanti Rushpaul.

1 hour ago, kaeryth said:

Such innovative moves for Sweet Dreams.  Double cantelever anyone?  Gilles n Poirier... Edges to die for. ❤️ 

8 minutes ago, Louitunes said:

Such innovative moves for Sweet Dreams.  Double cantelever anyone?  Gilles n Poirier... Edges to die for. ❤️ 

Hitchcock.  Excuisite.  Wow what SS.  The first swung lift is just glorious and the later arabesque on Paul's boot.  I'm in love with this programme.  Thanks for putting it on the thread.