Banana Fish

yude

Preview of episode 10,  here Sing and Alex are taking about their bosses. Alex says Ash is too perfect so sometimes he is scared of him, Sing says Shorter is manly, and keeps even a small promise but doesn't care about the details, and has muscled body that Sing can hang on his arm. (Sing doesn't know Shorter is dead at this point...)

I've started guessing we're going to have new OP and one more major character (or two) will be in it, I hope it is going to be cool as the first one!

27 分, yudeさんが言いました:

Preview of episode 10,  here Sing and Alex are taking about their bosses. Alex says Ash is too perfect so sometimes he is scared of him, Sing says Shorter is manly, and keeps even a small promise but doesn't care about the details, and has muscled body that Sing can hang on his arm. (Sing doesn't know Shorter is dead at this point...)

Found a fan art :)

I've kept watching the reaction videos on YT and some of the reactors called Ash in episode 10 "Rambo Ash" and I can't help thinking it is funny, I am sorry, Ash :smiley-laughing021:(but hey, he was putting on the shirt at least)

Again, I personally think Yousiss is the most complicated character in this series. As I said before, I read this manga a long time ago but I still can't get his personality, sometimes he seems to be a good boy but sometime he doesn't. He fights against Ash but he admires Ash in his heart, and he hates Eiji because perfect Ash likes Eiji who is just an ordinary Japanese boy. I haven't re-read whole manga yet, so I hope I can understand him better when I finished.

Fans watched episode 11 (btw, is this "special advance screening" common? ) are saying that it is going to be a little lighter and satisfying for Ash and Eiji fans. I expect some viewers might not like it, but I think those scenes are necessary to show building up their relationship because that is the key of this whole story after all. 

Hace 17 horas, yude said:

Fans watched episode 11 (btw, is this "special advance screening" common? ) are saying that it is going to be a little lighter and satisfying for Ash and Eiji fans. I expect some viewers might not like it, but I think those scenes are necessary to show building up their relationship because that is the key of this whole story after all. 

OMG!! The forever scene and the Pumpkin scene and the wake up scene please :snonegai:

Max: Chris, I made you wait!

Ash: Dad, you are late! The squirrels have eaten all my cookies because you are late.

Max: Sorry! I couldn't find my favorite tie for the lunch with my beloved son.

Ash: It suits you well, dad. The police has been staring at me since a while ago, it's depressing. 

Max: They are rude to my lovely son, ignore them. Let's go Chris.

Ash: The next episode of Banana Fish, "The Beautiful and Damned".

Max: And, how long should we keep doing this?

The scene of fake father and son is there :graucho:

39 分, Malekoさんが言いました:

I agree with this post. I don't know what their intention of cutting Eiji's word "forever" is, but I personally don't mind it at all because the whole scene expressed its mood so well without that word, we can tell they care each other very much. What do you guys think? 

Episode 11 was so refreshing after the first half of the series and I am glad many viewers (including me) enjoyed the funny and touching scenes of Ash and Eiji. But sadly I agree with Max's word, "Eiji is Achilles’ heel". I don't use this phrase very often so I looked up the meaning and oh my, it was exactly what I felt for the relationship of two boys :cry: And as additional information, manga has more about the investigation by the police. They (includes Jenkins and Charlie) are looking for the suspects in what happened at Dino's mansion and Ash is on the list, so Ash is not able to walk around without a disguise, which I believe is one of the reasons he was wearing the glasses. 

I watched an event of BANANA FISH at Kyoto on niconico and two voice actors participated, Yuma Uchida (Ash) and Makoto Furukawa (Shorter). They said each actor recorded the whole scene of Shorter dies separately :shocked:  Just wow. And Furukawa said when he was concentrating on himself at the recording outside of the room, the voice actor of Arthur came and worried like "hey, are you ok?", he was very kind. But after that, he was playing full of evil Arthur and so cruel to Shorter :laughing: Uchida said when he heard the title of "BANANA FISH", he thought the story was sweet kind of Shojo manga but it was definitely not :rofl3:And the preview of episode 12 was shown, but Eiji was talking non stop about pumpkin or Halloween so I couldn't focus on what was going on in the episode. I'll just wait till Tuesday.

one spoiler here

Spoiler

We don't know the spelling of the name, but Cain is in Episode 12!

Preview of episode 12, Eiji is preparing for Halloween party singing "Pumpkin, Pumpkin" :smiley-laughing021: I wonder if they will actually have a party in the episode, I hope they will. 

And this is a photo of Uchida (left) and Furukawa (right) at the event in Kyoto.  I like Uchida is wearing similar shoes as Ash's :) 

I completely forgot to record ep.12 thanks to ACI but managed to watch it thanks to the internet. Isn't it a bit of a challenge not to forget to watch a program aired on Thursday night once the figure skating season officially began, because we are likely to be frantically checking the reports on the official practice on Thursday? :68468287:

Anyway, I enjoyed the ep. 12 a lot. It wasn't intense compared to the last few episodes but filled with small but memorable episodes. I really loved the scene in the library.

Are they going to air the ep. 13 with the new opening and ending? I'm wondering if certain characters will appear/not appear in new opening and ending... 

13 時間前, sweetwaterさんが言いました:

I completely forgot to record ep.12 thanks to ACI but managed to watch it thanks to the internet. Isn't it a bit of a challenge not to forget to watch a program aired on Thursday night once the figure skating season officially began, because we are likely to be frantically checking the reports on the official practice on Thursday? :68468287:

Anyway, I enjoyed the ep. 12 a lot. It wasn't intense compared to the last few episodes but filled with small but memorable episodes. I really loved the scene in the library.

Are they going to air the ep. 13 with the new opening and ending? I'm wondering if certain characters will appear/not appear in new opening and ending... 

Yes, indeed! I tried to sleep on last Thursday night but I couldn't stop thinking about Yuzuru's practice starting midnight and ended up with staying up until BANANA FISH's broadcast at 1:30 am :laughing: (good that I was taking a day off on Friday, tehe) I was glad library was animated very beautifully since the place took an important role in the story. We're going to have new OP in episode 13 but there isn't any announcement of ED yet. My expectation is high for OP but I'll miss Shorter for sure...

I found this very funny, Ash didn't like natto and dried (grilled?) fish but look! He ate all fish!! Good boy :clap::smiley-laughing021: