Superstitions that came true (and some that didn't)

yuzuangel

:laughing:

Let's see...

• First person to land a quad loop (Dick Button was the first to land a triple loop and Karl Schafer was the first to land a double loop. Both 2x Olympic Champions)
  • Silver quota (2 silvers a year)
  • Silver at the Olympic test event (2017 4CC)
  • Winner of Worlds in Helsinki <3
  • One of 2 people in the event who've gotten bronze at their first Worlds outing (Yuzu, Boyang)

What else?

May I add some?

1.  HISTORY OF THE GAMES

Pyeongchang 2018 is the 23rd Winter Olympic Games. Yuzuru has just turned 23 last December. Perfect.

2.  RETURN OF OLD FRIENDS 

YUZU might be reluctant at first to use chopin but it turned out to be another sign. Chopin Ballade #23 is light and heavenly/ Seimei is dark and fierce. Yin and yang...the perfect balance of the infinite universe. (Had he chosen LGC as SP--I would have been more nervous than I was back then)

3.  NEW YEAR

Yuzu's SP falls on Feb. 16 which is Chinese New Year of the earth dog. Yuzuru was born on 1994-DOG. (I'd like to believe it was his day)

4.  COLOR CODING?

When yuzu won in Sochi, his PW shirt matched the color of the boards . In Pyeongchang, his color accents in Seimei bear purple (same as the boards), blue (color of the bows of the medals) and gold (the color of the highest awarded medal of the games). 

5.   Blood moon

On the last day of January, a blood moon appeared. Well I could be overly superstitious but it looked PERFECTLY similar to the "red sun" in Japan's flag(sorry--our sun has rays so..). I kind of had this feeling that JAPAN will win in the Men's event. I was just not sure who it will be. Now I know...

6.   Olympic venue

Yuzuru never won gold in his first try at any designated Olympic figure skating venue. Not in Sochi 2011 or in Pyeongchang 2017. But both times, he came back to win.

7. Deja vu

Dick button was reigning world champion when he defended his gold. Same thing happened to Yuzu.

(Sorry...a bit long.)

1. 66.

There were a bunch of people related to him or Seimei? turning 66 this year or last year. (Anyone remember?)

33*2=66

The German pair who mentioned him as inspiration is the first German gold medalist of pair since 66 years ago.

He is the first guy who repeats gold medal since Dick Button who did it 66 years ago.

2. Lucky blue costume for olympics 

Chopin’s blue costume

3. The number 1 2 7 in Olympics season

He was 171 during Sochi and he claimed to be 172 in pyeongchang

The date of free skate is 2/17.

He was born on 12/7.

112.72 is the sp WR.

Yuzu won against all the odds!

Maybe we also should write those odds down in another thread!

On 2018. 02. 20. at 2:22 PM, Ace said:

4.  COLOR CODING?

When yuzu won in Sochi, his PW shirt matched the color of the boards . In Pyeongchang, his color accents in Seimei bear purple (same as the boards), blue (color of the bows of the medals) and gold (the color of the highest awarded medal of the games). 

It doesn't make much sense but 2017 4CC SP was on 02/17, Yuzu wore purple, Olympics FS was on 02/17 one year later and there was purple in his costume too - 95% of the arena at the Olympics are purple at the Olympics.

Well it's not superstition but my name day is on 02/16 and the meaning of my name is purple...

15 hours ago, SSS said:

1. 66.

There were a bunch of people related to him or Seimei? turning 66 this year or last year. (Anyone remember?)

33*2=66

The German pair who mentioned him as inspiration is the first German gold medalist of pair since 66 years ago.

He is the first guy who repeats gold medal since Dick Button who did it 66 years ago.

You know what is amusing about that number 6? I wondered a bit and checked the numbers for the men who have won olympic figure skating men's singles gold on wikipedia. Of the 20 men, 6 occurred the most (5 of the 20 men bdays added to 6) whether as 24 or 33 (Yuzu and Evan both have 33). After that the second highest occurrence were 3's, 5's and 7's (at 3 men each). 2's occurred twice (both being 11's), and all other numbers only had 1 lone occurrence.