I'm qouting this here but this seems like a highly unreliable source. Take this with a bucket of salt and read the following discussion on it in the thread

On 3/5/2018 at 5:28 PM, MrPudding said:

On 3/5/2018 at 5:44 PM, Murieleirum said:

Poor translation skills. Here goes:

"「羽生さんは今回、患部周辺の精密検査を行ったそうです。その後、今後のリハビリスケジュールなどを話し合っていたそうです。その話し合いのなかで、羽生さんは『可能ならば、やっぱり世界選手権に出場したい!』と訴えたそうです」"

"This time, it seems like Hanyu-san went to do a thorough medical exam of the wounded area. After that, it seems like they talked together (doctor, team and him, I presume) about his rehabilitation schedule, etcetera. While they were talking together, it seems like Hanyu-san said "If it's possible, I would like to participate in Worlds after all"." 

Pleeeeease correct me if I didn't understand anything lol I just wanted to have news as soon as possible

On 3/5/2018 at 10:30 PM, Floria said:

Pino uploaded full HQ version 

On 3/6/2018 at 1:09 AM, SparkleSalad said:

Mr Minoru Sano says he knows Hanyu can jump 4A because his arms are so open when he jumps 3A so it's just matter of closing them. He also says he thinks it will only take him a year. :13877886:

On 3/6/2018 at 4:20 AM, monchan said:

On 3/6/2018 at 7:01 AM, Sammie said:

So it seems that the 30mil bid was fake and they putting stricter rules? 

On 3/6/2018 at 7:38 AM, MrPudding said:

On 3/6/2018 at 8:07 AM, Floria said:

On 3/6/2018 at 8:26 AM, yuzu.fairy said:

Found this article

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/life/2018/03/05/language/putting-japans-olympic-success-words/#.Wp5AJVExXIU

In a league of his own

Yuzuru Hanyu made another piece of history, becoming the first men’s figure skating champion to win back-to-back Olympic golds in 66 years, matching the feat achieved by American Dick Button in 1948 and 1952. As a figure skater, he has been lauded as 異次元 (ijigen, from another dimension). This phrase appeared in breathless coverage of his Olympian skills, with his turns on the ice described as 異次元の演技 (ijigen no engi, out-of-this-world performances) from a man possessing 異次元の強さ (ijigen no tsuyosa, otherworldly strength).

Hanyu was quoted as saying that the Olympics are his 人生そのもの (jinsei sono mono, his life itself). What looked from the outside like an Olympic gold won with seamless ease was in fact earned while enduring the pain of an injury to his right ankle. He later confessed to having had to rely on painkillers throughout the Olympics.

At the Pyeongchang Games, the world witnessed the 23-year-old’s accession from 王子 (ōji, prince) to 王様 (ōsama, king), a fairy-tale ending to what the media called a 完璧な復活劇 (kanpekina fukkatsugeki, perfect comeback drama).

On 3/6/2018 at 9:00 AM, monchan said:

On 3/6/2018 at 10:21 AM, kaeryth said:

On 3/6/2018 at 10:23 AM, kaeryth said:

On 3/6/2018 at 2:40 PM, ralucutzagy said:

On 3/6/2018 at 4:33 PM, Xen said:

I think it's this article: http://sports.china.com.cn/dongji/pingchangdongao/jinpaixingxiu/detail_2018_03/05/896890.html

Based on this, the translation is roughly as follows. @mods and admins: please feel free to move this where appropriate. I'm not sure where newspaper clippings should go?

Hide contents

Unlike other male figure skaters who amaze people by the very high level of difficulty, his performance is known for its subtle elegance. In a world of men's singles figure skating mostly known for power, he stands out for his suppleness, graceful movement and asexual aura. He is of course, Hanyu Yuzuru. 

In competition, his expression varies and changes with the nuances to match the different music. He gains a large amount of fans by capturing the heart of the audience with his unique aura that seems to combine both angelic and devilish traits. Thus today, the name Hanyu Yuzuru is already heard beyond the realm of figure skating, beyond the realm of sports-he has become the idol of youths, a star among figure skating fans, and a representation of Japan. 

His performance not only conquered the hearts of the live audience and judges at the competition, but even people not knowledgeable about figure skating can perceive his beauty and thus fall in love with figure skating. 

4 years ago at the Sochi Olympics, 19 year old Hanyu Yuzuru became the youngest winner in men's singles figure skating in 66 years, and the first asian  male figure skater to win the event, creating history. 4 years later, a Hanyu Yuzuru who only just recovered from injury, again won the gold in men's singles figure skating at Pyeongchang, creating history by becoming the first man to win consecutive golds in 66 years. 

Fame naturally brought many commercial opportunities for Hanyu Yuzuru, but he has not been misled nor grown arrogant in the face of fame or fortune. He has maintained very good competitive focus and status. Before the rush from the gold medal has fully settled down, he has already started preparations for the World Championships held in Milan, Italy in March. And 4 years later, he will challenge the highly difficult quad axel, and aim for his third winter olympics gold medal.

On 3/7/2018 at 4:57 AM, SparkleSalad said:

Yuzu thanking fans holding signs saying "Thank you for becoming our guiding light."

Special large format for the new Ice Jewels Pyeongchang Photobook

On 3/7/2018 at 5:57 AM, Anony said:

Looks like MyRepi will be releasing a 24 pg mini photobook, available for 1000 people. Entry to obtain said photobook starts 2nd April.

If anyone would like to correct me/add anything pls do

On 3/7/2018 at 8:27 AM, ralucutzagy said:

WD from World Championships

On 3/7/2018 at 9:12 AM, monchan said:

https://twitter.com/Iron_Klaus/status/971297133067456513

Iron Klaus @Iron_Klaus

#YuzuruHanyu has withdrawn from the #WorldFigureskatingChampionships2018

https://twitter.com/Maex_1980/status/971296660440735745

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/Iron_Klaus/status/971297960368726018

Iron Klaus‏ @Iron_Klaus

"Based on the diagnosis of the doctors, I cannot compete at #Worlds2018. I will concentrate on getting treatment and rehabilitation so that I can be back as soon as possible and do what little I can day to day." #YuzuruHanyu

Seems realllll ppl :hachimaki:

2 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

https://twitter.com/crazykuroneko/status/971299520779902976

フィトリヤ @crazykuroneko

JSF just announced Yuzu will miss World Championship. his injury needs 2 weeks of rest and 3 months of rehabilitation. Kazuki Tomono will replace him.

フィトリヤ @crazykuroneko

his injury is diagnosed as "right ankle joint lateral ligament injury, peroneal muscle tendon injury"

Just now, MrPudding said:

https://twitter.com/eggrater/status/971299779698454528

yash @eggrater

lrt Yuzuru Hanyu on his withdrawal: Thank you so much for your support up until now. With the result of the diagnosis, I can not participate at the World Championships, but to be able to return as soon as possible, I will focus on having a solid treatment and rehabilitation+

+and continue to do what I can do little by little.