Other Sports

sallycinnamon

14 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

Thanks, it's such a great victory for the ladies :8430721:

Fingers crossed for Simona! She's got a good chance to win this one as well, even though it will be be hard against Wozniacki. I'm trying to watch the match if it won't be too early/too late during the night :biggrin:

Oh, it's unfortunate that Chung gave it up because of injury...but I'm very happy for Roger yay! :smiley-happy105: It'll be his 30th Grand Slam Final. :bow:

Oh, Simona's match is at a decent hour for us , thanks God, 10.15am on Bucharest time. I really hope for the best this time. She played amazing with Kerber!

2 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Oh, Simona's match is at a decent hour for us , thanks God, 10.15am on Bucharest time. I really hope for the best this time. She played amazing with Kerber!

That's great, I can watch it during breakfast  :smiley-happy085: I'll watch her match with Kerber later, it's good that complete matches are uploaded on Eurosp. player and I can watch it anytime.

What an exceptional athlete Roger is...:bow:it is just simply unbelieveable that he defended his Australian Open title at the age of 36. :winner: He's won his first GS title nearly 15 years ago  :eeking:

Some people said two years ago that he would never win another GS again, and now here he is, winning two Australian Open titles and one Wimbledon title in the past twelve months. :bow:

I'm just happy that I can watch his matches and cheer for the GOAT! He fought incredibly hard today, especially after that Cilic came back in the 4th set, it must have very difficult not to lose focus and confidence in the last set, and Roger did it, he didn't give any chance to Cilic. He's the maestro, words aren't enough to describe his achievements. 

18 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

What an exceptional athlete Roger is...:bow:it is just simply unbelieveable that he defended his Australian Open title at the age of 36. :winner: He's won his first GS title nearly 15 years ago  :eeking:

Some people said two years ago that he would never win another GS again, and now here he is, winning two Australian Open titles and one Wimbledon title in the past twelve months. :bow:

I'm just happy that I can watch his matches and cheer for the GOAT! He fought incredibly hard today, especially after that Cilic came back in the 4th set, it must have very difficult not to lose focus and confidence in the last set, and Roger did it, he didn't give any chance to Cilic. He's the maestro, words aren't enough to describe his achievements. 

It was incredible, indeed !!! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: And when he received the trophy he was so emotional and everybody was crying ... it was incredible to see Ivan Ljubic with tears in the eyes ... he looks so serious all the time ... even our RO ESP lady commentator was crying, me too, lol :laughing: ...  it was a great final! After yesterday's match when Simona lost her 3rd GS final so dramatically and I was so upset, today was great! I really hope that Simona will win a GS, maybe RG this year, she always plays the best on clay, ehhh, a shame that she didn't make it this time ... she was so close! :sadPooh:

6 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

It was incredible, indeed !!! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: And when he received the trophy he was so emotional and everybody was crying ... it was incredible to see Ivan Ljubic with tears in the eyes ... he looks so serious all the time ... even our RO ESP lady commentator was crying, me too, lol :laughing: ...  it was a great final! After yesterday's match when Simona lost her 3rd GS final so dramatically and I was so upset, today was great! I really hope that Simona will win a GS, maybe RG this year, she always plays the best on clay, ehhh, a shame that she didn't make it this time ... she was so close! :sadPooh:

I was crying during the victory ceremony too :cry: So much emotions :13877886:

I'm sorry that Simona lost :tumblr_inline_n2pjcykAXc1qdlkyg: But the final was very good, it was one of the best I've seen in the past years. I've just read that she was taken to hospital after the match, hope she gets better soon. And she is usually very good on clay, she can win RG this year! :tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg:

1 minute ago, sallycinnamon said:

I was crying during the victory ceremony too :cry: So much emotions :13877886:

I'm sorry that Simona lost :tumblr_inline_n2pjcykAXc1qdlkyg: But the final was very good, it was one of the best I've seen in the past years. I've just read that she was taken to hospital after the match, hope she gets better soon. And she is usually very good on clay, she can win RG this year! :tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg:

Yeah, she was very dehydrated and suffering of headaches and dizziness because of the incredible heat ... today they had the roof closed ... why they didn't do this yesterday too, I have no ideea ... both, Simona and Caroline looked tired out when the match finished :dry:

1 minute ago, ralucutzagy said:

Yeah, she was very dehydrated and suffering of headaches and dizziness because of the incredible heat ... today they had the roof closed ... why they didn't do this yesterday too, I have no ideea ... both, Simona and Caroline looked tired out when the match finished :dry:

I don't really know since both matches started later in the evening, so a closed roof wouldn't have helped that much :shrug:

Sometimes it happens that tennis players are dehydrated during AU Open, it's just too hot there in this time of the year! Hope Simona gets better soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched the first ski jumps qualifier- now the Olympics is really here :0006:

Hope no one freezes at the opening ceremony/ catches flu/ novovirus/food poisoning or gets injured🤞🏻

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The talk in the main thread about him holidaying in Australia made me think of this - I can imagine his reaction to the ocean and the heat being exactly the same - definitely both indoor types!

This is a translated bit of that 'Miracle Bodies' documentary I posted about ages ago - interesting to get the text instead of puzzling out what they're talking about from the diagrams- hope they sub the rest of it.