2024 Figure Skating World Championship (Montreal, Canada)

Fay

Josefin: it's been a long road for to get to Worlds, and I guess she decided to have a ton of fun with it. Just a really happy, upbeat program. She has great quality of movement, I love watching her

Amber: wearing sparkles on - what is this colour? Taupe? Greige? Lavender over peach? - not sure. Opened with a massive 3A. Popped the 3Lz. Otherwise, looked like an fine skate to me. She's crying in the K&C though.

Been having internet troubles, so to sum up the last few skatrrs:

Hana: exquisite program - inspired by Japanese cranes? Loved it.

Chaeyeon: the crowd loved it and so did I. In first. 'Nuff said.

Young yYou: not her night 

7 hours ago, Fay said:

@rockstaryuzu I envy you so much, you got to see that skate of Kaori’s! The goofy Amelie grew to be a real queen of ice! 

She's so elegant and beautiful when she skates... but to be honest, I was so excited for her while watching her skate, that it's all a bit of a blur this morning 😅.

She was so cute during the medal ceremony though... I just love how light-hearted she is. Once they got off the podium and started taking pictures, she was just having fun. And Chaeyeon and Isabeau were following her lead everywhere, like a mama duck and her ducklings. Those are the things they don't show you on the video feed.

Anyway, we'll have to call her 

3回目の優勝者

now.  Three-time winner. Huge achievement for Japanese women's skating as a whole!

(Edited this comment to better reflect my intentions)

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

She's so elegant and beautiful when she skates... but to be honest, I was so excited for her while watching her skate, that it's all a bit of a blur this morning 😅.

She was so cute during the medal ceremony though... I just love how light-hearted she is. Once they got off the podium and started taking pictures, she was just having fun. And Chaeyeon and Isabeau were following her lead everywhere, like a mama duck and her ducklings. Those are the things they don't show you on the video feed.

Anyway, we'll have to call her 

3回目の優勝者

now.  Three-time winner. Even Yuzu didn't achieve that!

A pity that Kaori cannot do 3A even as a 3 time world champion (even at this era 2024!) Same old boring 2A and triples jumps like in the 1980-90s. Never really a fan of hers though.... Ladies figure skating competition is kind of boring😴

Yuzu can do 3A from standstill both on ice and off ice. He still have very strong quad jumps as well. I think is not fair to compare Yuzu's world championship achievements with Kaori whom can't even do 3A despite a 3 time winner😂

Many comments on the current standard of ladies' competition is equivalent to the standard of the 1980-90s 🤪

@LAY Everybody has an opinion. Mine is that there's no sense in comparing the men's and women's events, and that in women's the 3A is just not a factor in winning. Because if it was, Mirai Nagasu would have won the 2018 games *sarcasm*

And if you're alluding the women's quads, I'm all for them, as long as they're done with elegance, grace, and correct technique. Which most decidedly has NOT taken place in the women's event as of yet. 

I'm sure Yuzu would be the first to congratulate Kaori, anyway. As she said in interviews, he's always treated her with great respect. 

Here's another opinion, this time on Ice dance: Smart & Dieck's free dance music is just downright weird.

And another: Quan & Lim are super likeable! And better than I thought! 

5 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Even Yuzu didn't achieve that!

No, he didn't. He "only" achieved two olympic gold medals, two world gold medals and 4 Grand Prix Final gold medals. That was before a certain organisation decided not to let him win anything big anymore. Sorry, I know it wasn't your intention, but your comment kind of stabbed me in the heart.