What was your first time watching Yuzu?

Hi, im new here. Just want to know what make you love him at first? any particular event or program?

I knew him on March 3rd when yt recommend this MAD to me( so i was late:'))))

I was impressed by his appearance, movement, outfit style, and that cup of china accident, like.. immediately fall for him

This video was made before Beijing a few days and looking at the comment section, i think yt still recommend it to many pp

6,3 MILLION VIEWS OMG :O (maybe a lot of other fanyus also fell for him becuz of this video)

I watched his PyC Seimei in 2020 or 2021, I believe. I remember watching it multiple times. Also watched Ballade No. 1. Looked him up, but not in detail. I totally forgot about him then this year I saw the Euros and 4CC and knew Beijing was coming. So I joined Reddit, found a post talking about Yuzu, went to watch his well-known programs - THEN remembered I saw his PyC multiple times and here I am now

The first time I saw Yuzu was on TV in 2015, at the GPF in Barcelona, my city. I wanted to see JF and while I was waiting to see his score Yuzu appeared. I remember that I thought he was very handsome, so I stayed to see how he skated. As soon as the music started playing and Yuzu started moving all I could think was "wow, can someone really skate like that??" But as @LiaRy it wasn't until last fall that his name came to mind again and to this day, here I am.

First of all welcome!!

The very first time I watched Yuzu, was at the PC gala, not even on the day of the gala but a recording a few weeks after. At the time YT recommended Vitue/Moir Canadian National video so I wanted to see them at the gala. Of course I watched all the medallists so I watched Yuzu, too. I wan't into FS that time, I liked more ice dance but I wasn't even too much into it so nothing clicked for me in spite of Yuzu skating to an Italian song. After a few weeks, YT recommended Yuzu's CoC 2014, yes that video and I wanted to watch why this guy with a bandage on his head was skating and not in the hospital (I didn't know anything about the accident so I was just thinking about his health). I actually was surprised by the result but since I didn't know anything about FS I couldn't judge by myself (I said, well he must be that good to be 1st with all those falls - Kovtun was still to skate and I learned all of that accident and placement later). But still, nothing clicked with me. I knew his name because I knew he was a double olympic champion but I really didn't like watching the men event.

In 2020, during the very first lock down, I$U posted Helsinki world championship and I watched all disciplines (starting from ice dance to see V/M) and when I saw Hope and Legacy I fell in love with his skating. (and wondered how he could skate to this beautiful and peaceful music when the video before he was rocking in purple pants - of sin - ). From there I watched every program he skated and knew his history and background. And since then I learned all the jumps which sometimes I recognise better that the judges :P (joking of course).

This isn't actually my first FaOI. I watched FaOI in 2018 and 2019 because, again, V/M were there and I actually said to myself "Why Japanese TV don't show other skaters???" Now I want Japanese TV to show only Yuzu. What can I say, I grew up and understood what was important.

Hello, welcome here!

I'm a pretty much like you that i get to know him in march or april? In my case, i'm a seiyuu fan. Do you know Hanae Natsuki? He's the voice actor who voiced Kaneki Ken, Yuzu's favorite anime character.  I found a video where Hanae congratulate Yuzu for winning Olympic in 2018 (also don't forget that Yuzu asked Kaneki to eat him on public TV lol), as i was just bored and wonder who Yuzuru is, so i just looked up his name on youtube. I just casually watched one of his programs and i don't really remember which one but i awed because of his flexibility. Then just like you, the CoC accident, for some fanyus it maybe not a good memory to mention because it was pretty traumatic. I'm sorry but actually CoC accident is the one that make me become a fanyu. For the very first time i become a fan isn't because of his looks but actually the way he didn't give up and still fighting even if he fell a lot and in pain at the same time. I remembered that my heart sunk when i saw him limping to K&C. There were a lot of things happened to me mentally, but when i saw him at that time i feel.. you know, motivated to push myself. 

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I first saw him in 2016 skating Chopin Ballade...the one where he sniffs ...I was mesmerized by his beautiful skating.  My biggest regret was I had just missed him in Lethbridge that year for Skate Canada, and missed out on seeing him skate live until 2019.  My life was so busy, but I told my family that I had to see him skate live before he retired.  He reminded me of my youngest son at first, but I grew to love him for his passion for skating, his neverending pursuit of excellence, and his admirable character.  Watching Yuzuru live is very nerve wracking, because one cares so much...

Sochi 2014 when he did his single. I saw Parisienne Walkway for the first time and I was instantly struck by him. I rewound and watched it over and over. When I found out we were the same age and we both have asthma I became really inspired by him. 🥰

• 3 weeks later...