What was your first time watching Yuzu?

In Google's Year in Search 2019 video, I watched that video the day it launched so beginning of 2020 (not a lot of comments yet). 

Fast forward 3 years, in February 2023 I re-watched the Google Year in Search 2019 video because I was bored and I liked that video. Then I checked the comments en 90% of the comments are about Yuzuru. 

I got curious, why is he so popular out of all the famous people that were shown in that video? Now I'm almost 2 months in and can't imagine my life pre-yuzu hahaha. 

I was in Japan in the share house living room in winter 2017/2018 and there was an ad playing showing seimei. I saw maybe 5 seconds of it. I only remember people saying how amazing that figure skater is and I was completely uninterested, because watching men's fs as a child was so boring >_< ... ffw to stockholm 2021 and sportschau lmey on yt finally pushed me down the rabbit hole. ;))

Hello, it's my first time commenting

I knew about yuzu's existance in 2018 through a facebook page announcing that prince hanyu won the olympics for the second time, I was curious about a prince winning the olympics- I thought he is a real prince hhhh - so I googled about him and saw an excerpt of his performance and I was struck by his elegance and graceful movements then I forgot about him, until 2020 when I was talking with my sister about graceful people and yuzu came to my mind , I looked for a video of him to show her -chopin ballade-  from then onward I became a fan, I fell in love with his PC Ex  notte stellata, that was majestic.

For me it was a video of a Pooh Rain that came up on my For You Page on TikTok. This was in the summer of 2020. It was interesting but I didn't think much about it and kept scrolling. A few months later, I randomly thought about that figure skater with the Pooh bears and I looked up the figure skating hashtag on TikTok to find him again. Luckily there were a lot of videos of Yuzu that came up and once I found his name I searched him on YouTube. I think the first performance I watched was Seimei at the 2018 Olympics and then the rest is history.