Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Planet Hanyu

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fantasy on Ice 2022 in MAKUHARI

Featured Replies

13 minutes ago, birnasan said:

I have been looking for photos of Yuzu's interview in the FaOI pamphlet, but I could only find some short parts. Here is my automatic translation of those parts, made with OCR and deepL. My OCR had to capture the text from not-perfect photos, I just hope there are not too many mistakes in it.

 

If anybody finds more photos of the pamphlet interview, I will try to translate them, too. 

 

Do not share outside of Planethanyu!

 

  Hide contents

羽生結弦

1994年12月7日生まれ

2014 ソチオリンピック金メダル

2018 平昌オリンピック金メダル

2022 北京オリンピック4位

2013~2016 グランプリファイナル優勝

2014、2017 世界選手権優勝

 

Yuzuru Hanyu

Born 7 December 1994

2014 Sochi Olympic gold medal

2018 Pyeongchang Olympic gold medal

2022 Beijing Olympics 4th place

2013-2016 Grand Prix Final champion

2014, 2017 World Champion

 

 

日本が世界に誇るメガスターが、 再びファンタジー・オン・アイスに降臨する。 オリンピック2連覇、男子史上初のスーパースラム達成など誰もが知る偉業を数々成し遂げてなお、羽生結弦は挑戦を選ぶ。北京オリンピックでは、自身の夢とフィギュアスケートの可能性をかけてオリンピック史上初の4回転アクセルへ挑み、 世界中の人々の心を震わせた。 技術、 音楽性、 衣装のデザインに至るまで、 氷上では完璧なパフォーマンスを追い求める。 そのいっぽうで、“見てくれる人のため”、“フィギュアスケートのため”に一途に走り続ける姿も、選手たちや観客の尊敬を集めている。

 

Japan's world-famous megastar returns to Fantasy on Ice. Even after numerous well-known achievements, including two consecutive Olympic titles and the first men's Super Slam in history, Yuzuru Hanyu still chooses to take on new challenges. At the Beijing Olympics, he put his own dreams and the possibilities of figure skating on the line by attempting the first quadruple Axel in Olympic history, and thrilling the hearts of people all over the world. He strives for perfection on the ice, from technique and musicality to the design of his costumes. At the same time, his single-minded dedication to "the people watching" and "figure skating" has won him the respect of athletes and spectators around the world.

 

 

[…]

 

そこに自分という人間がいて、 本当に戦い続けているからこそのプログラムになったんだと思います。北京オリンピックでも、4A、SP含めて、 今までのいろんなことが皆様の中にあって、だからこそ、僕自身が満足しきれる 4A ではなかったとしても、皆様の心に残るものができたのかなと思っていて。 そんな僕らしい演技をこれからも滑り続けたいなと思いました。

 

[t/n: last sentences of Yuzuru's answer to whatever question]: I think that I have been fighting so hard, and that's why I have made this programme. At the Beijing Olympics, many things, including the 4A and the SP, are still in everyone's mind, and that's why, even if it wasn't a 4A that I could be satisfied with, I think I was able to create something that will remain in everyone's hearts. I would like to continue to skate in such a way that is typical of me.

 

 

皆様の力を感じながら滑る

 

Skating with the power of everyone

 

 

Q: スケート人生のなかで、 前人未到の挑戦をされています。 誰もやったことがないことに挑むのは恐怖心も少なからずあると思うのですが、 これまでに怖いと思った経験はありますか。 もしおありでしたら、その恐怖心にどうやって打ち勝ちましたか。

 

Q: In your skating career, you have taken on unprecedented challenges. I think there is a certain amount of fear involved in taking on something that no one has ever done before. If so, how did you overcome your fears?

 

 

A: 4Aやる前はいつも怖いです。怖くない時は基本ないです。 全日本選手権も怖かったです。 いつ怪我をしてもおかしくないですし。 ただ、その恐怖心を裏づけしているのは、小さい頃からの経験だと思っています。 アクセルを大きく跳ぶ練習をしていた時に着氷で思い切り後頭部をぶつけてしまって、腕が痺れたり、記憶が混濁し   たりもありました。 あとは皆様の記憶にもあると思いますが、 2014年の中国杯での衝突事故の経験です。 あの時は試合中で、必死になっていて、痛みとか、怖さとか、それどころではありませんでしたが、 あの時に脳震盪が起きていたら、その後の後遺症が出てしまったら、そんなことを考えることもあります。もちろん脳震盪の怖さだけでなく、怪我は痛みが付きものなので、痛くなりたくないという気持ちもあります。

恐怖心に打ち勝てたことはあまりないです。 恐怖に感じられているのは、自分のことを大切に考えられている証ですし、そうあるべきだと思います。 ただそれだけじゃできないこともたくさんあって、恐怖よりも、達成したいという希望的な気持ちの方が強いんです。そのうち、失敗の原因とかよかった感覚とかを頭の中で整理したり、イメージを繰り返しながら跳んでいるうちに、恐怖はなくなっていきます。 次の日にはすでに恐怖心が出てきてしまいますけど、そんな練習の日々の繰り返しです。

 

A: I am always scared before I do the 4A. There is basically no time when I am not scared. I was scared at the All-Japan Championships too. I could get injured at any time. But I think my fear comes from my experiences since I was a little boy. When I was learning to jump big Axel jumps, I hit the back of my head really hard on the ice, my arms went numb and my memory became cloudy. I also had that crash at the Cup of China in 2014, which I'm sure you all remember. I was in the middle of a competition at the time and I was frantic, I was in pain, I was scared, I didn't care about that, but I sometimes think about what would have happened if I had had a concussion at that time, if there had been any aftereffects afterwards. Of course, it's not just the fear of concussion, but also the pain that comes with an injury and you don't want to be in pain.

I have not been able to overcome my fears so much. The fact that I can feel fear is a sign that I'm taking care of myself, and I think this is how it should be. But there are a lot of things that I can't do with that, and I think I am more hopeful about achieving them than I am fearful. Eventually, the fear goes away when I jump while repeating the image in my mind, sorting out the reasons for the failure and the good feeling, and repeating the image. The next day the fear will come again already, but this kind of repetition is what happens in practice every day.

 

 

[…]

 

Q: 最後に、 今回のファンタジー・オン・アイスの抱負や観客のみなさまへ伝えたいことがあればお願いいたします。

A: コロナ禍が始まり、なかなか以前のような状態には戻らない   とは思いますが、 楽しんでください! 僕も全力で滑り切ります。 そして、どうか最後の最後まで、健康でお帰りください!

 

Q: Finally, do you have any ambitions for this year's Fantasy on Ice and anything you would like to say to the audience?

A: I know it's not easy to get back to normal life after the Corona disaster, but I hope everyone enjoys it! I'll do my best to skate through it. And please, go home in good health afterwards!

 

Thank you so much for this! Now I'm very emotional. I already knew, as everyone does, I think, about how hard it is to train for jumps, be them triples or quads, but seeing Yuzu's words about fear, I don't know how he does it. Such control...

Ghislain on his way to today’s show?

 

 

Also, I’m still buzzing from the madness of friday’s show, can’t wait for the livestream. 

Little translation from someone from the audience today

 

 

 

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

Has this clip been shared yet, from the final performance? 
 

 

(someone please let know if I get too spammy 😅) 

 

I killed the part of me who cringes, so this year’s faoi costumes are just fun LOL 

 

Twitter post from Nobu:

rough translation: Good morning, the second day of Makuhari.

 

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

Of all the photos and clips I have seen of Yuzu in groups or interacting with others, I have not seen one where he is with Javi.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.