Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

Just now, Hydroblade said:

The thing is... I can't find one of the nendos i want! And the custom one would be like a temp thing because i kinda like the ones i want to use anyway :13877886:

#sadlifeofafigurecollector

The sad life of a figure collector is wanting figures but not being able to find them or them not existing, not being able to afford one, and always having an empty wallet. First world problems, amirite? :2:

What figure is it that you're looking for? If you haven't looked there already, I'd suggest looking on mandarake and solarisjapan. Mandarake mostly just sells used products but I haven't heard a single bad thing about them and Solaris Japan offers new and preowned options, and some preowned ones are very affordable. 

Also on the note of the broken arm piece, on a reddit post I made a handful of other people said they had the same problem with the same piece on the same nendo and that they were able to get a replacement for free. So there's hope! :9:

4 minutes ago, ClarissaH said:

The sad life of a figure collector is wanting figures but not being able to find them or them not existing, not being able to afford one, and always having an empty wallet. First world problems, amirite? :2:

What figure is it that you're looking for? If you haven't looked there already, I'd suggest looking on mandarake and solarisjapan. Mandarake mostly just sells used products but I haven't heard a single bad thing about them and Solaris Japan offers new and preowned options, and some preowned ones are very affordable. 

Also on the note of the broken arm piece, on a reddit post I made a handful of other people said they had the same problem with the same piece on the same nendo and that they were able to get a replacement for free. So there's hope! :9:

Ugh no i know, i'm still waiting for a 3rd opening Sakura Kinomoto :13877886: they did the first and a co-de of the second one, so i have hope... (and i want the frikkin figmas but i already gave my money to Skate Canada and i ran out of space on my detolf thanks to Yuzu)

I already looked in mandarake :sadPooh: i've bought from them in the past (my level is showing) and i was very happy with my purchse...

ETA: OMG SOLARIS HAS IT :muahaha: but so expensiiiive.... ugh but it's the only place i've seen it!

That's great! hopefully you can get it replaced :10742289: i will have to buy another sakura nendoroid because my mom knocked it out of the place i had it before i bought the detolf and the paint chipped away from her hair+a part of one of the sleeves broke:sadPooh:

Just now, ClarissaH said:

Yay! Now hopefully it doesn't cost you an arm and a leg. :1:

¥7200 :13877886:

but i really want iiiiit </3 ugh but then i want to order both Yurios too </3 and there's a miku nendoroid i liked (and i don't like miku hatsune that much)

:13877886::13877886::13877886::13877886::13877886::13877886::13877886:

¥7200 :13877886:

but i really want iiiiit </3 ugh but then i want to order both Yurios too </3 and there's a miku nendoroid i liked (and i don't like miku hatsune that much)

:13877886::13877886::13877886::13877886::13877886::13877886::13877886:

Once, again the life of a figure collector. There are so many nendos that I'd love to have but I can't afford. I'm a high school student who doesn't have a job and gets her money from doing surveys on various websites. Also gonna be going to college, and while I won't be taking out any student loans, but my money will be going to buying books and stuff.

Meanwhile I found a laptop case with Yuzu fanart on it on redbubble that I want very very badly

If it helps feed your addiction any more though Casual Yurio isn't being released until July so you've got a few months before most websites would charge you! I'm not the biggest fan of Miku either but there are a lot of nice looking Miku nendoroids. I especially really like the Senbonzakura Miku nendo. 

1 minute ago, yuzuangel said:

wait, you can actually make money from this? :biggrin: 

Yes you can! In the span of a year and a half I've gotten about $400 from it. A lot of that is due to my age though. Teenagers get a lot of surveys about movies, new food products, and stuff about college. Lately I've gotten a LOT of essays asking me about various things in regards to colleges. 

13 minutes ago, ClarissaH said:

Once, again the life of a figure collector. There are so many nendos that I'd love to have but I can't afford. I'm a high school student who doesn't have a job and gets her money from doing surveys on various websites. Also gonna be going to college, and while I won't be taking out any student loans, but my money will be going to buying books and stuff.

Meanwhile I found a laptop case with Yuzu fanart on it on redbubble that I want very very badly

If it helps feed your addiction any more though Casual Yurio isn't being released until July so you've got a few months before most websites would charge you! I'm not the biggest fan of Miku either but there are a lot of nice looking Miku nendoroids. I especially really like the Senbonzakura Miku nendo. 

i'm on a strict budget right now. I want to see if i can save enough to go to Saitama :13877886: I chose the worst hobbies for someone living with a third world salary :13877886:

This is the Miku nendo i want. It's 100% my aesthetic:rofl:

i'm on a strict budget right now. I want to see if i can save enough to go to Saitama :13877886: I chose the worst hobbies for someone living with a third world salary :13877886:

This is the Miku nendo i want. It's 100% my aesthetic:rofl:

In regards to hobbies I'm the exact same way. The two hobbies I picked that cost money cost a LOT of money, cosplaying and figure collecting. I write as well but that doesn't really cost money.

That's a beautiful looking Miku! While personally not my style, it looks pretty great. :9:

I hope you're able to get to Saitama~

1 minute ago, ClarissaH said:

In regards to hobbies I'm the exact same way. The two hobbies I picked that cost money cost a LOT of money, cosplaying and figure collecting. I write as well but that doesn't really cost money.

That's a beautiful looking Miku! While personally not my style, it looks pretty great. :9:

I hope you're able to get to Saitama~

:sadPooh:

I also love this one :13877886: and the deep sea miku figure has always been on my "i kinda want it" list :13877886:

I'll have to live on a very strict budget but i might be able to do it :sadPooh: i might kill three birds with one stone so i think it's worth trying

1 minute ago, Hydroblade said:

:sadPooh:

I also love this one :13877886: and the deep sea miku figure has always been on my "i kinda want it" list :13877886:

I'll have to live on a very strict budget but i might be able to do it :sadPooh: i might kill three birds with one stone so i think it's worth trying

Harvest Moon Miku is one of the Mikus I want REALLY badly! She's just absolutely beautiful. :4:

I'd say that's worth trying! Don't starve yourself though. 

3 minutes ago, ClarissaH said:

Harvest Moon Miku is one of the Mikus I want REALLY badly! She's just absolutely beautiful. :4:

I'd say that's worth trying! Don't starve yourself though. 

:sadPooh:IKR

I have a budget for food and bills:13877886: what i don't spend goes straight into my savings