General Yuzuru Chat

Machine translated:

Calendar
#羽生結弦
"YUZURU2025 Yuzuru Hanyu Calendar"
Two versions: wall-mounted and tabletop ‼
The wall-mounted version comes with an acrylic stand, and the tabletop version comes with a B5-sized clear file ‼

[NEWS]

I’m now in a possession of 2 Yuzu Blu-ray’s (Prologue and GIFT)   Lucky me ☺️ and have a question to European fanyus who also have these disks (or at least one of them). I currently have no blu-ray player and am researching which one to buy. Due to different regions for Japan and Europe blu-rays I’m afraid these disks won’t play on a European blu-ray player so I might need to buy a region free one (haven’t found one yet). On the other hand, the backside of the package of these disks doesn’t say they are region-specific. 
so my question is: was someone able to play Yuzu disks on a European Blu-Ray player and did it work? Or does one really need a region free player? If so, what model do you own? 
Any experience and tips are welcome! 🙏 

49 minutes ago, CashmereKitty said:

I am now in possession of 2 Yuzu Blu-rays (Prologue and GIFT). I am lucky☺️and I have a question for European fans who also have these discs (or at least one of them). I currently don't have any Blu-ray players and I'm looking for which one to buy. Due to the different regions for Japanese and European Blu-rays, I'm afraid that these discs won't play on a European Blu-ray player, so I might have to buy a region-free one (I haven't found one yet). On the other hand, the back of the packaging of these discs doesn't indicate that they are region-specific. 
So my question is: has anyone been able to play Yuzu discs on a European Blu-Ray player and did it work? Or do you really need a region-free player? If so, what model do you have? 
Any experience and advice is welcome!🙏 

I don't have a Blue Ray player (on the other hand@Perelandra has 1, because I had asked for information) in relation to the Europe zone, I bought the Prologue DVD and will get GIFT, because I had asked my computer seller before the purchase (who is also a computer engineer) if I could read a DVD that comes from Japan in my computer and it is YES and told me that Japan has zone 2 and, therefore, I was able to enjoy Prologue on my computer  :2thumbsup: :animated-smileys-character-075: .

I hope you get some help from@Perelandra :peace2: 

15 hours ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

I don't have a Blue Ray player (on the other hand@Perelandra has 1, because I had asked for information) in relation to the Europe zone, I bought the Prologue DVD and will get GIFT, because I had asked my computer seller before the purchase (who is also a computer engineer) if I could read a DVD that comes from Japan in my computer and it is YES and told me that Japan has zone 2 and, therefore, I was able to enjoy Prologue on my computer  :2thumbsup: :animated-smileys-character-075: .

I hope you get some help from@Perelandra :peace2: 

Thank you for your reply. DVD is a different story I think, because Europe and Japan are the same regions. I bought blu-rays for a better picture and sound experience and now I have created a problem for myself to solve :grin:

I hope @Perelandra or someone else can help :help:

On 8/22/2024 at 4:48 PM, CashmereKitty said:

I’m now in a possession of 2 Yuzu Blu-ray’s (Prologue and GIFT)   Lucky me ☺️ and have a question to European fanyus who also have these disks (or at least one of them). I currently have no blu-ray player and am researching which one to buy. Due to different regions for Japan and Europe blu-rays I’m afraid these disks won’t play on a European blu-ray player so I might need to buy a region free one (haven’t found one yet). On the other hand, the backside of the package of these disks doesn’t say they are region-specific. 
so my question is: was someone able to play Yuzu disks on a European Blu-Ray player and did it work? Or does one really need a region free player? If so, what model do you own? 
Any experience and tips are welcome! 🙏 

Hi, I'm afraid that you will definitely need a region-free player since at least the Prologue BluRay is not region free even though there is no info on the package or the disk (it showed a region error screen when I inserted the disk). I have a region free player and could luckily play it after all. So far, the player has worked fine, but since Prologue is my only BluRay, I wasn't able to test if it works with other regions as well. I hope this helps!

(Edited because I didn't want it to be misunderstood as advertisement for a certain brand or vendor.)

4 hours ago, Crispeez said:

Hi, I'm afraid that you will definitely need a region-free player since at least the Prologue BluRay is not region free even though there is no info on the package or the disk (it showed a region error screen when I inserted the disk). I have a region free player and could luckily play it after all. I have a "DYNASTAR Sony UBP-X700M 4K Ultra HD Region Free Blu-Ray Player" which I bought from Amazon. So far, the player has worked fine, but since Prologue is my only BluRay, I wasn't able to test if it works with other regions as well. I hope this helps!

Hi, thank you, this information helps! I guess I need a region free blu-ray player after all. Life of a fanyu isn’t easy :girlsigh:

39 minutes ago, CashmereKitty said:

Hi, thank you, this information helps! I guess I need a region free blu-ray player after all. Life of a fanyu isn’t easy :girlsigh:

Hi

Sorry for delayed response. Busy, busy and so much Yuzu content with all of the new photos and new publications on the horizon

Couple of people, based in Euro zone have shared some useful info. 

Few people were discussing on another platform that they bought region free DVD and BluRay players which can attach to their laptop port. These seem to be the cheapest option for about £80

Other people felt that an investment for a player which plugs into TV was better, due to superior picture quality. Only issue with these, is that some region free models read only the region of the Disc once it has played them a couple of times, will set to the disc region most often played, which may not be a big problem if one essentially reserves the player for Yuzu discs and another player may be needed for none Yuzu discs. 

Disc players have reduced in price, over time and some are available on line from large, well known retailers for around £100-130.

Bear in mind that some games consoles, which attach to a TV or a monitor can also play discs, if one happens to have such a device at home. Some of the latest models of games consoles are region free, however, others are not and some will play ULTRA HD 4K discs from any region, but only Ultra editions and not any type of HD or 4K disc, depends on the model, but just giving the relevant info for completeness.

Hope this adds to the information pool and assists somewhat in any decision making

( not sure what the protocol for discussing brands and shopping sites, hence, have deliberately not mentioned by name, but it will be possible to visit a reputable online retailer and browse the selection. Some sites have a chat function so that it is possible to ask questions about the various disc players and hopefully receive useful answers from people who are familiar with the stocked models and find the correct disc player for one's needs  )

16 hours ago, Perelandra said:

Hi

Sorry for delayed response. Busy, busy and so much Yuzu content with all of the new photos and new publications on the horizon

Couple of people, based in Euro zone have shared some useful info. 

Few people were discussing on another platform that they bought region free DVD and BluRay players which can attach to their laptop port. These seem to be the cheapest option for about £80

Other people felt that an investment for a player which plugs into TV was better, due to superior picture quality. Only issue with these, is that some region free models read only the region of the Disc once it has played them a couple of times, will set to the disc region most often played, which may not be a big problem if one essentially reserves the player for Yuzu discs and another player may be needed for none Yuzu discs. 

Disc players have reduced in price, over time and some are available on line from large, well known retailers for around £100-130.

Bear in mind that some games consoles, which attach to a TV or a monitor can also play discs, if one happens to have such a device at home. Some of the latest models of games consoles are region free, however, others are not and some will play ULTRA HD 4K discs from any region, but only Ultra editions and not any type of HD or 4K disc, depends on the model, but just giving the relevant info for completeness.

Hope this adds to the information pool and assists somewhat in any decision making

( not sure what the protocol for discussing brands and shopping sites, hence, have deliberately not mentioned by name, but it will be possible to visit a reputable online retailer and browse the selection. Some sites have a chat function so that it is possible to ask questions about the various disc players and hopefully receive useful answers from people who are familiar with the stocked models and find the correct disc player for one's needs  )

Hi Perelandra, thank you very much for the elaborative response. I am inclining to invest in a player for dvds and blu-rays that I can use with my TV. I already have options to watch Yuzu shows on the computer, but the size of the screen (and video quality) bothers me.  
thank you everyone for the answers! I will continue my research on different brands and hopefully can buy a player soon to be able to enjoy the shows on big screen and in good quality :smiley-happy085:

2 hours ago, CashmereKitty said:

Hi Perelandra, thank you very much for the elaborative response. I am inclining to invest in a player for dvds and blu-rays that I can use with my TV. I already have options to watch Yuzu shows on the computer, but the size of the screen (and video quality) bothers me.  
thank you everyone for the answers! I will continue my research on different brands and hopefully can buy a player soon to be able to enjoy the shows on big screen and in good quality :smiley-happy085:

You are very welcome and glad to have helped, even if only a little. 

Once the discs arrive and I have had chance to play them, I'll be able to let you know if my player was compatible or not

I have used the player to watch the Time of Awakening and Time of Evolution BluRays, worked fine.

You are also correct, the picture quality on HD TV with HiDef disc is really fabulous, as compared with computer. Same applies to watching GIFT via D+ on BIG OLED screen TV.

Yuzu close up is so large and such high fidelity image,  when watching on BIG tv, it's as if he is skating in my sitting room !!!!