General Yuzuru Chat

11 minutes ago, Perelandra said:

Pics to show the painting process of these gorgeous TenChi themed pens.

The same manufacturer presented Yuzu with a plate, when he received the People's Honour Award

The order date is Sept 15-23. 

I was not able to discover if overseas shipping is possible, only one pen per order is permitted

This is a tremendous concept. the tree will resemble Yuzu skating HYK.

Just as Yuzu has emerged from some dark times, the Yoko cherry tree that was planted in his honour, was moved to a more open spot. The tree had not thrived where it had been originally planted, due to competition for nutrients and light form some other trees. The park caretakers had been concerned about the potential disruption to the tree if it was moved. However, following the successful translocation, the tree bloomed and is now thriving, away from the small copse. 

The symbolism is not lost on me. Bloom and grow Sakura tree.

The tree variety itself, has an interesting and very poignant story, which was related several years ago, when it chosen as a Yuzu tribute for the park 

59 minutes ago, Perelandra said:

The order date is Sept 15-23. 

I was not able to discover if overseas shipping is possible, only one pen per order is permitted

Ooh I want that pen, but according to their FAQ, https://fujisaki-online.jp/sp.html?fkey=faq, they only ship within Japan and not overseas, so we'll have to use a forwarding or proxy service.

I looked around their website and they also sell the Hagi no Tsuki custard cream cakes and the brown sugar manju buns that Yuzu gifted to the FaOI artists! I want those too, but I don't know if they'll survive the trip especially if we have to use forwarding/proxy service. :tumblr_inline_mzx95p7TPv1r8msi5:

3 hours ago, Yuzu_legend said:

There’s also this! So pretty!!

These pens are so pretty! I want one! :tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw:

1 hour ago, Perelandra said:

This is a tremendous concept. the tree will resemble Yuzu skating HYK.

Just as Yuzu has emerged from some dark times, the Yoko cherry tree that was planted in his honour, was moved to a more open spot. The tree had not thrived where it had been originally planted, due to competition for nutrients and light form some other trees. The park caretakers had been concerned about the potential disruption to the tree if it was moved. However, following the successful translocation, the tree bloomed and is now thriving, away from the small copse. 

The symbolism is not lost on me. Bloom and grow Sakura tree.

The tree variety itself, has an interesting and very poignant story, which was related several years ago, when it chosen as a Yuzu tribute for the park 

This is such a wonderful and creative idea! I can't wait to see the tree and flowers in full bloom. It will be magical.  :loveshower:

Yes, isn't it fascinating how Yuzu's sakura was moved out of the shadows only recently and now thrives in the open field, enjoying the sun? Now Yuzu has done the same thing. His life is really full of poetic and almost otherwordly coincidences.

39 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

These pens are so pretty! I want one! :tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw:

This is such a wonderful and creative idea! I can't wait to see the tree and flowers in full bloom. It will be magical.  :loveshower:

Yes, isn't it fascinating how Yuzu's sakura was moved out of the shadows only recently and now thrives in the open field, enjoying the sun? Now Yuzu has done the same thing. His life is really full of poetic and almost otherwordly coincidences.

Yes, the other trees were blocking the light to the cherry and taking nutrients. 

To quote Byron "Not man the less but nature more"

Man and nature must coexist in harmony. Art mirrors life and all of those sagacious sayings. Yuzu's life mirrored in the tree planted in his honour. Looking forward to the tree and the carpet of blooms in the spring.

The project is very aptly called 'Ice Garden'

20 hours ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

ANNIE, you who are German at the sight of your flag, were you able to get this German "pirouette" magazine?   

No not yet. I would have liked to translate the Yuzu content  (excerpts from press conference) for you all, but unfortunately my English is really not good and as I see the post was deleted again. Maybe will also Judith (see post above) translate it.

1 hour ago, YuDai said:

I wonder if all the new content will be included in the weekly magazine :scratch3:

Hide contents

I just don't want to buy one of them, only to find out a lot of stuff is missing from the other one, lol. I'm not as interested in Aera's past photo shoots/interviews.

I'm also a little "confused". Hopefully there will be more infos about this soon.