General Yuzuru Chat

Yuzuru addressed his fans in one of his interviews on 19th July and I read a few translations where it was reported he had said something about the relationship between he and his fans would have to change (I think he said "at some point") - am I right about this (ie have others read this translation). and if so does anyone have any idea about what he may have meant as he didn't elaborate.

3 minutes ago, Pammi said:

Yuzuru addressed his fans in one of his interviews on 19th July and I read a few translations where it was reported he had said something about the relationship between he and his fans would have to change (I think he said "at some point") - am I right about this (ie have others read this translation). and if so does anyone have any idea about what he may have meant as he didn't elaborate.

It's his message to his fans at the end of that TV Asahi program 

13 minutes ago, JanMary said:

It's his message to his fans at the end of that TV Asahi program 

Ah thank you so much! I still don't quite understand what he means by the relationship changing, unless it's as simple as he wont be competing so we wont be anxious with pre-skate tension like we were before :HELPSOS: and we will be able to be more relaxed in our enjoyment of his skating....but I doubt he meant this as he also alluded to keeping the tension going by ensuring improvement in tech skills including 4A.  Any ideas?

10 minutes ago, Pammi said:

Ah thank you so much! I still don't quite understand what he means by the relationship changing, unless it's as simple as he wont be competing so we wont be anxious with pre-skate tension like we were before :HELPSOS: and we will be able to be more relaxed in our enjoyment of his skating....but I doubt he meant this as he also alluded to keeping the tension going by ensuring improvement in tech skills including 4A.  Any ideas?

My innocent understanding:

previously he performs for judges, in the future he performs for his audience 

previously we pay ISU to see his competitions, in the future we pay him to see his performance

I think after becoming a pro-athlete, the audience will play an even bigger role in his skating life. 

16 minutes ago, Pammi said:

I think by context we should always consider he is addressing his japanese fans as a priority, so my speculation is that he is referring to the nature of their support. Supporting an athlete in competitions is quite different from supporting an “entertainer” in a show*, so he is aware that the fans who traveled overseas and made banners of support might not do the same for an ice show. Not as if they are dropping him, but because sports behavior is different from audience behavior who is there to take in a performance only. 

*I know Yuzu is now a “pro-athlete”, but the life in ice shows is quite different from what we are used to in the pressured comps.

HOWEVER. We still don’t know if Yuzu intends to revive pro competitions, which it will be a whole other scenario, so that’s really just speculation now hehe

18 minutes ago, Xiupia said:

We still don’t know if Yuzu intends to revive pro competitions

Actually in his press conference, he said he had no intention to create pro competitions.

https://globe.asahi.com/article/14673858

――昨年あたり、「今の自分が一番うまい」とおっしゃっていたことが印象に残っています。実際そうだとも思います。勝手ながらもったいないなとも思うんですが、競技会の緊張感が恋しくなったりすることはありませんか。

競技会の緊張感が恋しくなることは絶対ないと言い切れます。それは先ほどお話しした中で、今後の活動について色々と考えている中で、競技会の緊張感を味わったりしてもらいたいなと思っているので。

競技会や大会を作ったりとか、そういうことは考えていないんですけど、皆さんが応援したくなるような羽生結弦って、挑戦し続ける姿だったり、独特の緊張感があったりとか、そういった中での演技だと思っているので。そういうのを感じてもらえるような、競技者じゃなくなったから気が緩むなと見られるようなスケートではなくて、より毎回緊張できるような、全力でやってるからこその緊張感をまた味わっていただけるようなスケートをしたいと思っているので、それはないかなと。

むしろもっと緊張させてしまうかもしれないですし、僕自身もっと緊張するかもしれないですし。一つ一つの演技を全体力と全神経をそそいで、ある意味では死力を尽くしたい。

“I'm not thinking about creating competitions or tournaments or anything like that”

I translated presscon into russian, and don't remember nothing about changes relationships with fans... He talked that he will do his best for that we feel the same pressure as if we watching competition. :14066882:

But still I don't started translation other interviews. There were five in 19th July.

1 hour ago, JanMary said:

Actually in his press conference, he said he had no intention to create pro competitions.

https://globe.asahi.com/article/14673858

――昨年あたり、「今の自分が一番うまい」とおっしゃっていたことが印象に残っています。実際そうだとも思います。勝手ながらもったいないなとも思うんですが、競技会の緊張感が恋しくなったりすることはありませんか。

競技会の緊張感が恋しくなることは絶対ないと言い切れます。それは先ほどお話しした中で、今後の活動について色々と考えている中で、競技会の緊張感を味わったりしてもらいたいなと思っているので。

競技会や大会を作ったりとか、そういうことは考えていないんですけど、皆さんが応援したくなるような羽生結弦って、挑戦し続ける姿だったり、独特の緊張感があったりとか、そういった中での演技だと思っているので。そういうのを感じてもらえるような、競技者じゃなくなったから気が緩むなと見られるようなスケートではなくて、より毎回緊張できるような、全力でやってるからこその緊張感をまた味わっていただけるようなスケートをしたいと思っているので、それはないかなと。

むしろもっと緊張させてしまうかもしれないですし、僕自身もっと緊張するかもしれないですし。一つ一つの演技を全体力と全神経をそそいで、ある意味では死力を尽くしたい。

“I'm not thinking about creating competitions or tournaments or anything like that”

Right now he isn't, that is true! Same way he said he is not going to coach or anything like that (for now). 
Pro circuits do not mean outright competitions in any case, and for now we should just wait for his announcements, without burdening ourselves with expectations.

Excited for his future!  

Just wondering

Yuzu as a pro skater will need to undertake a certain amount of promotion for his projects, including some publicity materials. These may include promotional interviews on screen, radio, in mainstream newspapers/ magazines and social media. It would be most unusual for Yuzu to stay as a recluse, just practising and then performing. There is the possibility that a public relations team would handle everything, but equally it would not be surprising if Yuzu appears in some of the promotional content. I think that he would enjoy some fan interaction via a suitably curated platform. I'm hoping for a semi regular blog or vlog to talk about and promote his projects, maybe not quite in the manner of the 'Beauty blogs', but along similar lines would be a method of maintaining the momentum and fan anticipation of Yuzu's impending enterprises.

I would be excited just to find out whether the intermission refreshments would be sweet or savoury, cold or hot beverages. It does not have to contain anything of a revelatory nature, just happy to have an occasional crumb. An updated picture of Yuzu each month, that's ok to keep everyone going and an uplifting message to remind fans to get plenty of rest and to use sunscreen if going for a daytime walk. Hehe

2 hours ago, tsubasanoyume said:

I translated presscon into russian, and don't remember nothing about changes relationships with fans... He talked that he will do his best for that we feel the same pressure as if we watching competition. :14066882:

But still I don't started translation other interviews. There were five in 19th July.

It was in the two-hour-long program on TV Asahi on 23rd, in his message to his fans at the end. You have the full video in your group: 

(Edit: correct link) https://m.vk.com/video-213823300_456239388

7 hours ago, Perelandra said:

Just wondering

Yuzu as a pro skater will need to undertake a certain amount of promotion for his projects, including some publicity materials. These may include promotional interviews on screen, radio, in mainstream newspapers/ magazines and social media. It would be most unusual for Yuzu to stay as a recluse, just practising and then performing. There is the possibility that a public relations team would handle everything, but equally it would not be surprising if Yuzu appears in some of the promotional content. I think that he would enjoy some fan interaction via a suitably curated platform. I'm hoping for a semi regular blog or vlog to talk about and promote his projects, maybe not quite in the manner of the 'Beauty blogs', but along similar lines would be a method of maintaining the momentum and fan anticipation of Yuzu's impending enterprises.

Interesting, i forgot about the need of promotion  :10636614:

I've been thinking if YT channel would be nice.............. He can save all his practice videos there. Or some TED talk about technical jumps (i bet Hanyu would enjoy that!). Or demonstration of what AI motion sensor can do for FS. Or, if he would produce something magnificent like what Henni147 wrote (whoaaaaaaaa) in the future, maybe some glimpse of behind the scene clips could be shared on YT to hype the moment.

I really want that but i wonder if the introverted and reclusive Hanyu would not like that idea. But, yes, for the sake of promotion, right :10636614: 

(i mean this as YT channel for 'brand' tho, not as a 'personality'. still couldn't imagine if Hanyu would make some vlog..... nah nah, with his personality, vlog is quite far-fetched XD)

36 минут назад, birnasan сказал:

It was in the two-hour long program on TV Asahi on 23rd, in his message to his fans at the end. You have the full video in your group: 

https://vk.com/wall-207258902_27900

oh I see! I didn't watch it until the end because of lot of content to translate :smiley_hairpull: 

Спойлер

and i left this group because of some circumstance and made my own here https://vk.com/purehanyu :tumblr_m9gck4P2Jf1qzckow: it's not easy to be fanyu in russian fandom