General Yuzuru Chat

Saw the news on twitter earlier on and thankfully I am out on a walk the whole day and can clear my mind a little (via venting my worries at my friends :p). 

I'm all for Yuzu to announce skipping one season just to have ISU see their finance in red and realised what they have missed. 

However if he intends to announce his R decision, then please made my wish come true and announce an ice show to be held concurrently with one of the GP competition (I want to see the difference in audience numbers). 

Of course I will forever be grateful for him if he choose to announce that he does intend to continue competing (I always say I am ready for his retirement but the pandemic is robbing time from me and I want to see him compete a few more times!)

11 hours ago, YuDai said:

Why is none of the options "I'll do my very best this season too and aim for 4A" :64341262:

Or announcing Old Man Pooh and Yuzu Pooh as his official new coaches? :10814716:

10 hours ago, Perelandra said:

Just went to JSF website

Sure enough Yuzuru Hanyu is still listed as strengthening player. 

Yuzu has always been considerate. I have mentioned this before, undoubtedly he would have informed JSF about any plans regarding not competing prior to the new competition season, because Yuzu would want funding for training to be allocated to an actively competing skater. He would not inconvenience the admin and financial staff, pretending that he would stay active in comp and then not doing so, if he already had had plans not to compete in the upcoming season

I agree. Yuzu is a very considerate and thoughtful man. He also knows how much his fans love him and are waiting to know what he'll do in the future. I'm sure he would've announced it sooner if he really planned to r*****.

Unless it's really something unexpected (an injury) that happened the last few weeks. But I doubt that because I don't think he's been pushing himself like crazy after FaOI.

I'm sure nowadays he's more aware than ever what his body needs and that he has to rest properly and let his injuries heal fully before he can continue to reach for more stars. He's in no hurry. He has already achieved more than anyone has ever achieved. Han can afford to take things slowly. Yuzu did say that he wants to continue to challenge the 4A, but I believe he'll do that in a sustainable and conscious way.

10 hours ago, Perelandra said:

He's invented hypoallergenic cats:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Yes! And at the press conference, he'll introduce his cute new kitties and announce that from now on, he'll post regular vlogs about him playing with his cats. :tumblr_inline_mm2wnxgTbV1qz4rgp:

9 hours ago, Xiupia said:

Well, isn’t the Olympics channel dramatic? LOL 

“Judgement day”

Let’s do it Yuzu, whatever it is I’m ready! 

Also, the law firm that represent him was trending? What on earth LLOLL 

Feels like I should be holding every fanyu’s hand right now, we’re going to be alright guys! 

Well, for the ISU, it actually might be their judgement day. If Yuzu should r*****, they're done for. :devil3:

8 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

I veer between fear that there has been some catastrophic career ending injury since FaoI and hope that it’s just a more low key, no demonstration version of the old media days.

The presence of ANA and this legal team is a bit different.  It reminds me of when Kohei Uchimura left Konami and set up on his own after Rio.  It may be that family can no longer cope with managing his endorsements etc and he is setting up a structure for that, coaching change, some sort of change in the way he manages his career.  If it were just retirement he might need a press conference but would he need his main sponsor and a legal team to be present?

Perhaps Yuzu will finally announce the founding of the YSU, the Yuzuru Skating Union! :muahaha:

3 minutes ago, LiaRy said:

Friendly reminder that Yuzu must be sleeping like a baby right now and we're all out here checking the time every hour

and before sleep he probably just scrolling the timeline reading all the hastags that trending today or in my case yesterday. I can't sleep yuzu 🥲🥲, the press con is today....

Wasn't there something saying that he held the Beijing Press-con because he had gotten too many interview requests asking about his future that he decided to just address them all at a conference instead? I could be wrong, but this is what I remember was the reasoning behind it. Could be the same thing here. I know a bunch of media sources were writing about his decision to compete being a mystery still even after his profile update. So maybe he just wants to announce it himself that way without having to meet/be interviewed with all/any in particular (plus sneak in a little more about "Hanyu's figure skating" and gratefulness to the fans).

5 minutes ago, Elly said:

Wasn't there something saying that he held the Beijing Press-con because he had gotten too many interview requests asking about his future that he decided to just address them all at a conference instead? I could be wrong, but this is what I remember was the reasoning behind it. Could be the same thing here. I know a bunch of media sources were writing about his decision to compete being a mystery still even after his profile update. So maybe he just wants to announce it himself that way without having to meet/be interviewed with all/any in particular (plus sneak in a little more about "Hanyu's figure skating" and gratefulness to the fans).

You're right, that's the reason why Beijing presscon was held. Now I also believe there are similar reasons for tomorrow's presscon. Especially since he didn't talk at all during FaOI about concrete future plans (except to still go for the 4A).

11 minutes ago, Elly said:

I think this is very likely the case. Thank you! I feel better now. 

This is my first time commenting here, but I've been a fan for a few years and I've been lurking around planet hanyu for about a year now. Twitter is such a mess right now I really don't recommend going there, a seriously disrespectful article from a Japanese sports media just came out, and whether or not it's true just the fact that they posted this before yuzuru had a chance to announce it on his own terms is so disturbing if it's even true i mean it wouldn't be the first time they published some questionable articles about yuzuru.. but anyway I just want to vent because it pissed me off. we should wait for official announcements from yuzu himself that is the right thing to do, and try not to speculate too much. I wish you all a good night/day and let's remain positive :loveshower: