General Yuzuru Chat

37 minutes ago, gapil27 said:

Why though? Why do they do that? I honestly want to know why. Did I miss something?  Same with ISU. Did they feel Yuzu is a has been? That his time had passed? By all reasons and logic, clinging to Yuzu, holding on to him like their life depended on him is the best strategy of all. 

There are factions in Japan's figure skating world. Yuzu does not belong to the right group. He has won against JSF's favorites many times. To ISU, he has stood in the way of the ones their donors/sponsors (the feds) put money in. Politics. 

I had a hard time believing all this at the beginning of my Fanyu days. But here I am :68468287:

52 minutes ago, Yuzupu said:

Sorry but Shoma got away with underrotation, and his skate did not warrant higher PCSs than Yuzu's. Yuzu's score should have been higher than Shoma's. 

I do believe Yuzu was robbed of a Bronze. However I think if Yuzu never went for the 4A leading up to Olympics, things would have been different. He would've been clean and possibly went to NHK trophy because he wouldn't have been injured due to 4A attempt. In a way, Yuzu was robbed of a bronze but by attempting 4A and falling on it instead of going safer with a 4Lo, he also contributed to solidifying his chances of not medaling. 

10 minutes ago, Yuzupu said:

There are factions in Japan's figure skating world. Yuzu do not belong to the right group. He has won against JSF's favorites many times. To ISU, he has stood in the way of the ones their donors/sponsors (the feds) put money in. Politics. 

I have a hard time believing all this at the beginning of my Fanyu days. But here I am :68468287:

At first i initally puzzled why a country would treat their best and most famous athlete like that and thought it was all speculations.By after a few years as fan and its become more and more evident .I still cant believe that they treat their best athelete like that.In my country if an athelete such as Yuzu exist their will be respected and rewarded so much by the sports body and even receive a title from the government.Even there are factions in japan skating world and Yuzu do not belong to the right group why they cant just be pround as whole country and have spirit of patriotism?

7 hours ago, Neenah said:

I have few issue with this re-scoring:

1. The account claims to be a judge but there is no proof of that and I have an issue with trusting people online who claim credentials without proving it

2. There is no mention of what is the source used when scoring. They say "what happened on ice", but were they there in person or did they watch it on video? if it was a video, then which video? from the the ones I watched it is impossible to see some of the elements to judge them accurately. So how did they do it?

3. I think that the PC scores are low. I am not a NC fan and really hate his skating, yet I know that he is a mid 8 skater for most of his components (except TR). We may describe his SS as bad and his programs as empty but that is compared to the scores he is getting not that there are really zero content, performance or skill there. 

How I see it, there is a clear bias in this scoring and I don't like that. Especially since they claim impartiality.

I agree and disagree with this. First I agree that Nathan did deserve Gold or silver at the very least. His BV was unbeatable. But I disagree he is near 8.5 for skating skills. His skating skills have no edges, speed or flow compared to Shoma, Yuzu and even Yuma. When I see Jason Brown getting scored lower in PCS than NC, the PCS scoring all becomes a joke. 

3 minutes ago, Harutolama said:

I do believe Yuzu was robbed of a Bronze. However I think if Yuzu never went for the 4A leading up to Olympics, things would have been different. He would've been clean and possibly went to NHK trophy because he wouldn't have been injured due to 4A attempt. In a way, Yuzu was robbed of a bronze but by attempting 4A and falling on it instead of going safer with a 4Lo, he also contributed solidifying his chances of not medaling. 

Do u think that also why the jsf officials didnt stand or clap for him?because he  stuck to his own principle by not playing the safe route and they are angry at him for choosing that path

6 minutes ago, lynnidolz said:

Do u think that also why the jsf officials didnt stand or clap for him?because he  stuck to his own principle by not playing the safe route and they are angry at him for choosing that path

Yeah I think JSF wanted a medal from Yuzu. Most of the public did. When I look back at J Nats post interviews J casters asked him if he was going for both OGM and 4A and if he could handle both. Yuzu also said he will train hard in order to win, and that olympics is a stage to win. Most people thought he had to sacrifice either winning or 4A. I also think so too, but Yuzu at the time said that without 4A he couldn't win. He said even if he goes clean, he might not win. I disagree because NC did make a few mistakes in his free skate. If Yuzu went super clean for both SP and FS with a safer layout and brought back 4Lo and 4Lz with 3A-3Lo and jumped 4Lo or 4Lz in SP and FS, then his BV would have had a shot of winning OGM with clean programs because PCS does get boosted massively on olympic stage if both programs are clean. So in a way Yuzu was unrealistic when he said he wanted to win OGM with 4A, and the japanese media and public kind of knows that. I think not having Brian around did influence his tactics this time around 

6 minutes ago, lynnidolz said:

I sometimes wonder whether the attitude of the JSF, at least in the last 4 years, is partly due to the ISU. Yuzu didn't retire, ISU tried to push him out of the sport, he kept getting silvers in big international comps because of judging ridiculousness but refused to become a jump machine to compensate, so JSF started pushing their other skaters as the next big thing and gave up on him because Yuzu refused to alter his skating vision for the ISU.

2 minutes ago, Yuzu_GOAT said:

I sometimes wonder whether the attitude of the JSF, at least in the last 4 years, is partly due to the ISU. Yuzu didn't retire, ISU tried to push him out of the sport, he kept getting silvers in big international comps because of judging ridiculousness but refused to become a jump machine to compensate, so JSF started pushing their other skaters as the next big thing and gave up on him because Yuzu refused to alter his skating vision for the ISU.

After robbing Yuzu of Gold at 2019 Worlds, 2019 GPF it was clear ISU had other motives in mind. It should have been clear back then they were building NC as the next OGM for the next 3 years.

38 minutes ago, Yuzupu said:

There are factions in Japan's figure skating world. Yuzu does not belong to the right group. He has won against JSF's favorites many times. To ISU, he has stood in the way of the ones their donors/sponsors (the feds) put money in. Politics. 

I had a hard time believing all this at the beginning of my Fanyu days. But here I am :68468287:

Ahhhh so it’s politics then. Because if it’s  money  + recognition route then they would be a fool to not side with Yuzu. What a bunch of idiots. 

honestly hate how the olympics have lost their original meaning and is now just commercial hype and notorious for the shenanigans and undercutting here and there...istg this years ogms and medal placements in general are all so questionable... and not just our men’s figure skating 👀👀 
petition to cancel olympics create biennial hanyu games instead~~

27 minutes ago, lynnidolz said:

At first i initally puzzled why a country would treat their best and most famous athlete like that and thought it was all speculations.By after a few years as fan and its become more and more evident .I still cant believe that they treat their best athelete like that.In my country if an athelete such as Yuzu exist their will be respected and rewarded so much by the sports body and even receive a title from the government.Even there are factions in japan skating world and Yuzu do not belong to the right group why they cant just be pround as whole country and have spirit of patriotism?

Hear hear! Strange right, Yuzu is easily the most marketable and bankable athlete, they should cater to his every whim but no, they just want to push their mediocre favs instead. And by mediocre I mean that Yuzu has the whole package - not that the others doesn’t skate good lol