General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, Hydroblade said:

So... seasonal dose of new jumps from our Evil Overlord? We got the 4Lo last season... 

:laughing: Indeed!
He is giving us a couple of doses first, so that by the time the Loch Ness jump shows up, we are at least a tad desensitized and we don't all keel over right at the first glimpse of it (we will anyway but he tried. So considerate, our Ebil Overlord)

Just now, Yatagarasu said:

:laughing: Indeed!
He is giving us a couple of doses first, so that by the time the Loch Ness jump shows up, we are at least a tad desensitized and we don't all keel over right at the first glimpse of it (we will anyway but he tried. So considerate, our Ebil Overlord)

I have this urge to name his 4Lo and 4Lz after cryptids

Yes, yours is quite exact translation here:  'Kobahiro-san said that apparently, Yuzuru-san looks like/seems like he's about to become able to land the 4A jump, but is this for real?!'  Good Job! :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

降り(降りる): land

降りれ(降りれる): can land, be able to land

So, I think it's a very vague expression and I just assume Kobahiro (Hirokazu Kobayashi) heard it from someone.

Hirokazu Kobayashi is a former figure skater, but as far as I know, he's not associated with Yuzu so much (he's a close friend of Daisuke Takahashi ).

In short, I think this is just information we all already know, and nothing new.

2 hours ago, Aotoshiro said:

Regarding 4A, Japanese learning/speaking group might want to correct me on that one, but isn't the form of oriru in this tweet (降りれそうらしい) a double 'probably'? Like 'そう' means seems/looks like, and らしい is used like the English 'apparently' at the beginning of the sentence when you start a gossip? Then, the speaker continues to add 'so he says, but seriously/is that for serious?!' So the tweet meaning would mean somethign along the lines of 'Kobahiro-san said that apparently, Yuzuru-san looks like/seems like he's about to become able to land the 4A jump, but is this for real?!' So, it's basically the thing we know since that fateful hologram show (aka the Yuzuru 'Now that you've shown me, I feel like I can jump it!' Hanyu, the first of his name), so we're at the same risk of heart attacks as we were before... minus the current Yuzuru's watch-after-my-health tactics, which so far are actually applied*le gasp* and I pray it stays this way, though who knows him:xD:

Still, I don't get why 降りform, not just 降り...what that れ does there???

Just now, Hydroblade said:

Strong feelings towards the Chupacabras. I got sick of hearing about it when i was a kid, we even had a shoe brand named after it lol. 

Shoe brand? That sounds ... random. And mostly I was going for the intimidation effect. Though stomping those scores totally works too.

I am a blood-thirsty tonight apparently *shifty eyes* Ahem, my apologies all.