General Yuzuru Chat

20 minutes ago, Seorose said:

Continuation of Brian's interview

It might be productive for Yuzu to feel that he can return to TCC for visits and make use of the facilities and resources available there, for his benefit now and in the future. Brian and Tracy have a wealth of experience and expertise to share and same applies to choreographers like David, Jeff and Shae Lynn and Geoff the harness trainer. Obviously Yuzu was able to use technology to tap into the knowledge base and converse with all of these people. Face to face contact can be enriching for many more reasons, old video footage of Yuzu skating at TCC and working with people demonstrated how well training and choreography sessions worked for him. Of course during COVID Yuzu was able to use his vast experience to train and create RonCapu and TenChi, but it must have made a difficult process even more challenging for him to work without the immediate feedback from a coach and having to communicate remotely. 

Sekkisei are considering a third season with Yuzu.

It is possible to leave comments for Kose Sekkisei on twt. Many people are writing messages encouraging Sekkisei to bring a third season with Yuzu. 

(I left a message with the usual begging for a UK Sekkisei launch with Yuzu as Global Muse, otherwise UK customers will never be able to acquire the gift with purchase Yuzu themed items, unless there is something given immediately with purchase. )

5 hours ago, Seorose said:

Continuation of Brian's interview

Junhwan was with Brian for even longer than Yuzu was, so no wonder Brian was feeling it. It's nice that Yuzu's visit could help chase away the melancholy. 

4 hours ago, Perelandra said:

It might be productive for Yuzu to feel that he can return to TCC for visits and make use of the facilities and resources available there, for his benefit now and in the future. 

I hope Yuzu feels that way! I know Brian and Tracy have both said publicly that Yuzu's welcome back any time.

Realistically, though, I think Yuzu has come home to Japan for good, at least as a skater. It's hard to imagine that he'll ever live abroad for the sake of training again. 

20 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Junhwan was with Brian for even longer than Yuzu was, so no wonder Brian was feeling it. It's nice that Yuzu's visit could help chase away the melancholy. 

I hope Yuzu feels that way! I know Brian and Tracy have both said publicly that Yuzu's welcome back any time.

Realistically, though, I think Yuzu has come home to Japan for good, at least as a skater. It's hard to imagine that he'll ever live abroad for the sake of training again. 

Concur, but it is always a comfort to know that there is somewhere which will gladly welcome Yuzu should he decide to visit and make use of resources at TCC even if it were only a few weeks from time to time. After all even genius brains can hit a thought block on occasion and it can be useful to have another viewpoint, see a different approach or just discuss with someone whose judgement is respected and trusted, in order to help come up with a solution, that sort of thing. 

As we have seen recently, people are more than willing to travel to secure an audience with Yuzu, so there is not much need for Yuzu to leave Sendai. 

12 hours ago, YuzuJay said:

Released today/

"KISS & CRY special edition

#羽生結弦 -THE STAGE 2-"

⛸ Report on the splendid ice show!

"Fantasy on Ice 2023"

"Stars on Ice 2023"

⛸ Exclusive interviews with people who are related to Hanyu 💫

⛸ Yuzuru Hanyu extra-large pinup

[NEWS]

More info from Marika.

23 minutes ago, ZuCritter said:

These images call to mind the iconic photos of modern dance pioneer Martha Graham. I honestly think they're in the same league, which is to say the most rarefied realm of fine art.

:003:

You are correct. The photo which focusses on Yuzu's foot and other images in the black top and trousers are reminiscent of photos taken of other dancers.  Nureyev 'A Life in Dance' and Darcy Bussell 'Evolved' both photo series tried to capture the perfect form and movement of two of these highly acclaimed dancers who were both at the top of the art form in the Ballet world in their prime

1 hour ago, Perelandra said:

You are correct. The photo which focusses on Yuzu's foot and other images in the black top and trousers are reminiscent of photos taken of other dancers.  Nureyev 'A Life in Dance' and Darcy Bussell 'Evolved' both photo series tried to capture the perfect form and movement of two of these highly acclaimed dancers who were both at the top of the art form in the Ballet world in their prime

These photos of Yuzu also crystallized something I've been thinking about for a while: Yuzu's ability, unique to a handful of great artists, to not exist within a space but to create the space by giving it shape and definition. It's not merely the beauty of his physical being, his lines or the shapes into which he can mold his body, but something ineffable -- almost mystical.

The closest I can define it, it has to do with the absolute conviction he brings to every move, look, breath and pause. It's the thing that allows him to stand stock still and, simply by thrusting one arm into the air, hurl flaming worlds into being during the H&L segment of GIFT. He's unabashedly embodying a god, and we believe it because he believes it. If he didn't believe it, he would over-sell it, and it would be preposterous. But he stands there, delicate and terrifying, serenely awe-inspiring in his concentrated presence.

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

15 minutes ago, ZuCritter said:

These photos of Yuzu also crystallized something I've been thinking about for a while: Yuzu's ability, unique to a handful of great artists, to not exist within a space but to create the space by giving it shape and definition. It's not merely the beauty of his physical being, his lines or the shapes into which he can mold his body, but something ineffable -- almost mystical.

The closest I can define it, it has to do with the absolute conviction he brings to every move, look, breath and pause. It's the thing that allows him to stand stock still and, simply by thrusting one arm into the air, hurl flaming worlds into being during the H&L segment of GIFT. He's unabashedly embodying a god, and we believe it because he believes it. If he didn't believe it, he would over-sell it, and it would be preposterous. But he stands there, delicate and terrifying, serenely awe-inspiring in his concentrated presence.

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

The Muses from ancient Greek mythology were the daughters of Zeus. They gave the gift of inspiration to writers, artists, musicians, scientists etc nine disciplines in total. Sometimes the message would be a great vision and other times just a hint to guide the imagination in the right direction. In order to inspire there is not always the need to loudly proclaim greatness, sometimes it is the smallest gesture that can deliver huge meaning and significance.

3 hours ago, Perelandra said:

As we have seen recently, people are more than willing to travel to secure an audience with Yuzu, so there is not much need for Yuzu to leave Sendai. 

And ya gotta admire that about him. For many reasons, him staying put there is very beneficial to the whole region. 

But I agree with you that it's good for him to know he has TCC as a resource. Like a handy reference book.

2 hours ago, ZuCritter said:

These images call to mind the iconic photos of modern dance pioneer Martha Graham. I honestly think they're in the same league, which is to say the most rarefied realm of fine art.

:003:

The photographer who took them is no slouch, either. Someone posted their link earlier, but here it is again:

https://takayphotography.com/

Well worth the time to scroll through their portfolio. An exceptional talent in their own right.

Just now, rockstaryuzu said:

And ya gotta admire that about him. For many reasons, him staying put there is very beneficial to the whole region. 

It is a lovely city and a good base from which to visit places in the north of Japan - Unesco heritage sites, historical sites, areas of natural beauty to name a few things. Tourists tend to stay on the well frequented tourist tracks. The well known sites are popular for excellent reason but are also reported to be busy, because of all the tourists. It is a great opportunity for Sendai and Tohoku to have a fabulous regional ambassador such as Yuzu, encouraging people to visit somewhere that is not on the tourist trail. Equally it is really good for tourists to see something other than the tourist sites, to expand their horizons and learn about other places in Japan.