General Yuzuru Chat

10 hours ago, LiaRy said:

It's relatively quiet around here. How is everyone handling the mini-drought?

No one can convince me this isn't a drought

Learning Japanese from his interviews, documentaries and CMs 😅 I finally have some time to digest. Lately it's been like eating hastily and voraciously all the chocolates at once, already with a new, looking even tastier box of sweets on the horizon. Now I can curb my appetite for dynamite and take care of my body and soul 🙃

5 hours ago, LiaRy said:

SOI was brutal. I wouldn't exactly call it spoiled... But I see your meaning :10814716:

We got to see Yuzuru pretty much every day in real time, which I consider a blessing :grin: Waking up early/staying up late each time to catch the stream wasn't great, but we all make sacrifices...like enduring BODY AND SOUL:roll:

I'm feeling pumped for FaOI! Lots to anticipate.

That opening theme? Always a banger :rock:

Which skater will post the first Yuzu crumb? :thanks:

Which musical guests will Yuzuru collaborate with? :smiley-music025:

The outfits. Will Yuzuru be wearing one that's a size smaller than the rest, thus giving ample opportunity for surprise ab shots? Likely :coolio:

16 hours ago, LiaRy said:

It's relatively quiet around here. How is everyone handling the mini-drought?

No one can convince me this isn't a drought

I wonder...what is going to happen after FaOI??  Would there even be a bigger drought??  There seems to be no concrete plans after June...:confused::dontknow:

1 hour ago, lupbear said:

I wonder...what is going to happen after FaOI??  Would there even be a bigger drought??  There seems to be no concrete plans after June...:confused::dontknow:

I believe we do not have to worry about that. It's been pretty obvious Yuzu does not rest. And then there's the YT channel. I'm sure once ice show season* is over, YT will not be gathering dust.

*although ice show season is pretty mucn never over for Yuzu, it seems 😅

Yuzu × CLAMP collaboration commemorative official goods will be released 

Luxurious lineup including acrylic stands, posters, and clear files Please check it out together with the "GIFT" official goods!

Those acrylic stands are so cute

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
3 hours ago, LiaRy said:

I believe we do not have to worry about that. It's been pretty obvious Yuzu does not rest. And then there's the YT channel. I'm sure once ice show season* is over, YT will not be gathering dust.

*although ice show season is pretty mucn never over for Yuzu, it seems 😅

Agree with that. Even if there are no ice shows announced for summer, he could be planning other activities, like interviews, TV appearances, preparing for his shows in fall, share practice II, New Videos on YT, the list goes on. 

:graucho:

In the meantime, we have time to catch our breath and catch up with all the Yuzu appearances over the last months :book-smiley:, be it his ice shows, SOI, two autobiographies, post show books, interviews with Kohei Uchimura, Tetsuko-san, Yuzu tube, etc.

11 minutes ago, YuzuJay said:

Yuzu × CLAMP collaboration commemorative official goods will be released 

Luxurious lineup including acrylic stands, posters, and clear files Please check it out together with the "GIFT" official goods!

Those acrylic stands are so cute

I think I have to have these... again.

12 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

What? This is really shocking.

I wonder where Yuzu will train? I hope he can find a good alternative. :smiley-angelic001:

[NEWS]

That's very surprising, especially the reasoning. If the rink was damaged, broken or something similar, I would understand that they need time to repair. But closing the rink for three months due to high electricity cost? That's very unfortunate for all the skaters who would need that time to practice on the ice. It's very sad that there is not sufficient funding to keep the rink operational even during the off-season.:tumblr_m9gcrtET5W1qzckow:

I hope Yuzu receives offers from other rinks to practice there, but also sad for other skaters who usually use the Sendai ice rink. :(

15 minutes ago, Lilly88 said:

That's very surprising, especially the reasoning. If the rink was damaged, broken or something similar, I would understand that they need time to repair. But closing the rink for three months due to high electricity cost? That's very unfortunate for all the skaters who would need that time to practice on the ice. It's very sad that there is not sufficient funding to keep the rink operational even during the off-season.:tumblr_m9gcrtET5W1qzckow:

I hope Yuzu receives offers from other rinks to practice there, but also sad for other skaters who usually use the Sendai ice rink. :(

Maybe this was one of the reasons that Mone decided on Kinoshita as her new training academy. The skaters in the 'Strengthening' categories were most likely informed about this in advance

Yuzu will hopefully have many options / invitations to train at another rink. It would, after all, be an enormous honour to host Yuzu. Maybe Yuzu will use the opportunity to examine the facilities at other rinks to assess whether they would be suitable for potential show in the future but also to research what  kind of state of the art technologies are available if a rink for the future was to be built.

A rink in the south of Japan was completed last summer and advertised that the rink had incorporated modern building design/ techniques. 

19 hours ago, SomewhereYuzu said:

Counting down the days to FaOI in Makuhari! :68811363: Only D3 is being broadcast live but I'm sure there will be crumbs and costume sketches posted on Twitter from fans in attendance during the first two days :10636614:

We got spoiled with those near daily SOI livestreams...

Same can't wait for FaOi