General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, turquoiseblue said:

Someone asked them for the source :68271262:

Thank you @turquoiseblue ! 

Hmm… . 
Will refrain from commenting more on it, just ask for all of us to be somewhat careful, be mindful of translations sometimes. 
We have great people in the fandom anyway! 

Not sure if this was posted already today, but just a reminder for this weekend!

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

I found a very interesting thread about the pro-skater scene and since many here are entering the discussion of the separation between amateur and professional circuits without the context of the scene before it turned out to be mostly ice show level gala programs, I’m bringing it here. 

Will put the whole thread under spoilers because is not pertaining Yuzu himself, but there are some very nice programs there to check out (I love Midori’s). 

Spoiler

I would not call on Yuzu to revitalize the circuit by himself because that’s not fair to him, but I have been wishing for it to see some new breathe of life for a while now. I remember a few users saying the same here - I think most of my ramblings were on the salt mines tho lol 

Anyway, just something for fans to keep in mind, hopeful for, thinking about and positively speculating on while we wait for him to announce new projects. 

News and etc have been coming up consistently for the past 2 weeks so we are not in a desert at least!

recently i have been laughing at the shenanigans of yuzu medal ceremonies

what i have found so far: 

• helenski 2017 small medal ceremony and 2018 Autumn Classic ceremony are undoubtedly my favorites 
  • for some reason 2019 nhk medal ceremony footage is hard to come by? at least so far as i have searched but someone documented his fight with the flower crown XD

Besides Rondo I wish to see Chopin ballade, White Legend, Seimei, TTCT, Requiem of Heaven and Earth...well actually all his programs, filmed on ice perspectives as a celebration of his amazing competitive career and sold as a DVD or a movie world wide release...sigh:animated-smileys-angels-151:

@caramelicht It’s from an ice show in 2013 iirc

5 hours ago, Xiupia said:

I found a very interesting thread about the pro-skater scene and since many here are entering the discussion of the separation between amateur and professional circuits without the context of the scene before it turned out to be mostly ice show level gala programs, I’m bringing it here. 

Will put the whole thread under spoilers because is not pertaining Yuzu himself, but there are some very nice programs there to check out (I love Midori’s). 

Reveal hidden contents

I would not call on Yuzu to revitalize the circuit by himself because that’s not fair to him, but I have been wishing for it to see some new breathe of life for a while now. I remember a few users saying the same here - I think most of my ramblings were on the salt mines tho lol 

Anyway, just something for fans to keep in mind, hopeful for, thinking about and positively speculating on while we wait for him to announce new projects. 

News and etc have been coming up consistently for the past 2 weeks so we are not in a desert at least!

Yeah, I’ve always heard from older FS fans that Kurt Browning has really flourished his artistry and became a lot better once he became pro. Same with Midori Ito too. So I’m very excited to see what Yuzu is planning. Real Face and Raison were just appetizers of what he could do now that he’s more free. 

Also agree that I’d like to see Rondo 2.0 in an ice show with a different costume and hairstyle.

Hello, I'm a newbie who discovered the treasure Yuzuru Hanyu quite late, by watching the TV footage of the Gala exhibition Saitama 2019 - the wonderful "Haru yo koi" - no need to tell you that I have been mesmerized ever since.  :love:
I'd like to express my gratitude for this forum and to all you lovely people here, whose expansive exploration and plentiful postings have saved me from drowning in my own tears after first reading about Yuzu's 'retirement' from competitions. Thank you for your dedication and for providing such prompt and extensive infos and updates on all things "Yuzuru".  :thanks:

On 7/28/2022 at 10:49 PM, Skrimblo_iced said:

recently i have been laughing at the shenanigans of yuzu medal ceremonies . . . . .

Some weeks ago, while browsing Yuzu vids on YT, I stumbled upon footage of the Torino 2019 medal ceremony with fancam coverage of the approx 10 minutes where Yuzuru is in the background of the rink with Ghislain and he's dancing and laughing almost all the time while waiting for the junior ceremony to end - it appealed to me so much that I sacrificed almost an entire night to search for all available related videos, and I'd like to share with you the fruit of my sleepy labour. My apologies if these have already been posted here in earlier years or former pages, alas I don't have the time just now to read 7k+ pages, I struggle to keep up with the current news and infos as it is.

Yuzuru Hanyu - Medal ceremony GPF Torino (07.12.2019 - YH's BD) (in more or less chronological order)

1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R1OnKq-uIc

(earliest start: YH in the background, talking to Japanese official, embracing + laughing with young woman, clapping for Japanese junior winner, waiting)

2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDnh_LfEumE
(YH sings along to Japanese anthem for junior winner, starts dancing, goes down to rink etc, medal ceremony from front-side, ends with stepping down from podium)

3) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxnPbgEK31g
(starts in the backgr after Japanese anthem for junior winner, then going to the rink, medals back-side view, ends before the US anthem for Chen)

4) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BOqIQQzc8w  
(dancing, interaction w Ghislain, then full ceremony front-side view)

5) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHKtnjXZKqs  
(by the rink, interaction with Ghislain, dancing, taking off jacket)

6) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRP28eUZ4S0
(going down to side of the rink, dancing, interaction with Russian + Ghislain + junior, then full ceremony from back-side view)

7) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewd-jIeF4OA  
(dancing, interaction with Russian+Ghislain+junior, then full ceremony in side view)

My daughter (whom I have not yet had the time to thoroughly initiate into Fanyu-dom) happened to see a short part of it - her comment was as follows: 
"No wonder your darling boy is dancing and laughing, after all he's happy to be the winner, isn't he ?"
My reply:
"No, my darling daughter, Yuzu is not the 'winner' of the gold  medal here; that is the yawning youth beside him in the yellingly-yellow shirt, looking like he'd rather be elsewhere. But Yuzu is the winner of all the hearts, like always!"
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited on 30.July 2022 - to exchange a negatively connotated abbreviation for the full word.

I'm sorry for my blunder. My apologies to all it may concern.