General Yuzuru Chat

9 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

It's just a recap of the fact that Yuzu can't go to JNats, but because of his ranking + WC status, there's no doubt he'll be picked as an Olympic rep. Nobu says he thinks Yuzu was the one who wanted to compete at the JNats the most but because he's aiming for the gold medal, he's being cautious to heal his injury. 

23 minutes ago, Floria said:

Looks like Yuzu's planned layout for FS at Nationals. 3Lz as first jump.

Yeah honestly I didn't expect him to give up the 4Lz, not after lowkey training it for what, 2-3yrs? (and even saying at CoR that he's definitely capable of jumping a better 4Lz) I wonder if it will change now that he doesn't have any comp experience/chances... but tbh I can't...really see people talking him out of it unless something drastic happens again lol let's just...prepare our nerves and hearts and believe in the boy :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

3 minutes ago, kaerb said:

Yeah honestly I didn't expect him to give up the 4Lz, not after lowkey training it for what, 2-3yrs? (and even saying at CoR that he's definitely capable of jumping a better 4Lz) I wonder if it will change now that he doesn't have any comp experience/chances... but tbh I can't...really see people talking him out of it unless something drastic happens again lol let's just...prepare our nerves and hearts and believe in the boy :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

Maybe the experience of the first-time-showing-my-4Lz-and-landing-it at CoR made a good mental note for him... not like the 4S3T last season so.. he's confident :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

On the other hand with the Lz.. perhaps seeing a 12 year old kid landing it makes him feel the same when he saw Mao *a*female* landing 3A.. hence the hanyu brain works itself with its theories... :facepalm::shrug:

6 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

Maybe the experience of the first-time-showing-my-4Lz-and-landing-it at CoR made a good mental note for him... not like the 4S3T last season so.. he's confident :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

On the other hand with the Lz.. perhaps seeing a 12 year old kid landing it makes him feel the same when he saw Mao *a*female* landing 3A.. hence the hanyu brain works itself with its theories... :facepalm::shrug:

Yuzu has never gone back to an easier layout for comps, unless injured so I don't expect him to take a 'safe' route just to try and secure the gold as long as he's healthy, I think it goes against everything he's said about his 'ideal' performance and he's also said numerous times that it's challenging new things that keeps him going. I often think he feels more tripped out by the pressure that an easier layout 'should' be perfect and would feel more kuyashii if he didn't go for his absolute ideal. Also this is the kid who went into Sochi with like a 0% success rate on his 4S.

If we take his 'shounen anime hero' mindset into account, he may be viewing the 4Lz as a jump he now absolutely has to conquer since it 'defeated' him at NHK lol. save us :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

1 minute ago, kaerb said:

Yuzu has never gone back to an easier layout for comps, unless injured so I don't expect him to take a 'safe' route just to try and secure the gold as long as he's healthy, I think it goes against everything he's said about his 'ideal' performance and he's also said numerous times that it's challenging new things that keeps him going. I often think he feels more tripped out by the pressure that an easier layout 'should' be perfect and would feel more kuyashii if he didn't go for his absolute ideal. Also this is the kid who went into Sochi with like a 0% success rate on his 4S.

If we take his 'shounen anime hero' mindset into account, he may be viewing the 4Lz as a jump he now absolutely has to conquer since it 'defeated' him at NHK lol. save us :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

Yo i forgot about the 4S during that season.. so.. history repeat itself? Ok maybe not but.. gosh we have to prepare ourselves for what to come :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

Now i'm thinking that i might see cleanish seimei in milan since he did a cleanish r&j 2.0 at saitama :facepalm:

What have you put into my mind.. :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:

6 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

Yo i forgot about the 4S during that season.. so.. history repeat itself? Ok maybe not but.. gosh we have to prepare ourselves for what to come :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

Now i'm thinking that i might see cleanish seimei in milan since he did a cleanish r&j 2.0 at saitama :facepalm:

What have you put into my mind.. :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:

I'll be at Milan too :laughing: but I'll happily sacrifice a cleanish Seimei at Milan if it means he can hit the jackpot at Olys 

(well he landed the 4Lz, so he's got that over the 4S LOL)