Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Planet Hanyu

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Henni147

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Henni147

  1. I had the impression that Yuzu is a person who always stays true to himself and his style. He does what he likes and he likes what he does. With heart and dignity. He doesn't succumb to any prevalent stereotypes or gender expectations. For him things like crying, which are considered as "unmanly" or a sign of weakness by many people, are not a weakness at all. As he said himself this week, he even uses crying as a source of strength before competitions. For me his way of thinking feels very refreshing and sort of "ahead of his time". It also reminds me very much of his own quote: "The driving force for growth is to have an open heart."
  2. Yuzu has given up on difficult jumps? Does that mean, the 4Lo is considered as an easy hop now? Also, since when do other skaters go full force with their layouts in their first program outings? About Yuzu and recycling: How many different variations of insult have I read over the last few years...? Hanyu is not versatile. Hanyu is lazy. Hanyu is a coward. Now he is even arrogant... Did I miss something? Random question: How many people were mocking Javi for recycling Malaguena three times? Honestly, I'm so tired of this recycling debate. Especially because Yuzu is one of very few skaters, who's actually able to improve and polish his programs from season to season. He is not reusing but remastering, which is a big difference. But what is quality worth nowadays...
  3. Sorry for the long post, but I didn't know how to shorten it I'd like to share some thoughts about a potential SP for the future (if Yuzu intends to do another one after LMEY for the Olympics or whatever occasion). In general When Yuzu said that he and Jeff struggled to find a good piano music, I had to think of an advice from my former dance teacher: "When you are searching for a new music piece, think about your biggest strength as a technician, as a performer and as a person. Pick a music piece that highlights those three strengths as good as possible." I'm really curious, where Yuzu sees his biggest strengths himself. He has so many. I tried to think about it myself and I'm curious, if you agree: Technically I see Yuzu as an allrounder, but his biggest strength is probably his high quality of execution. For me this is what sets him apart from the rest in the first place. Thankfully, an SP is not that packed with jumps, so he has the time and stamina to show his full range of technical skills there. As a performer Yuzu has a very special aura that only he has. He doesn't need to draw in the crowd. The crowd comes to him and this gives him a lot of freedom. He is able to create a world or setting around him that makes you forget about competition. As a person, what fascinates me the most is him having so many different faces. Especially the way he transcends any gender stereotypes with dignity is something that probably only he can do. Masculine or feminine or gender neutral. It never feels grotesque, but completely natural and authentic. In Romeo and Juliet Yuzu has already tried to portray two different characters, but I think, he did not quite have the maturity at that time to switch between the roles of Romeo and Juliet alone through his expression and body language. Today he definitely has the maturity to do that and it would be super exciting to see imo. In particular For the SP I could picture a program with a similar concept. Imagine a tango that is meant to be danced with two, but skated alone by Yuzu portraying both - an elegant, passionate man and a graceful, sensual woman - and switching between the two roles back and forth. It would be very challenging, but also something absolutely unique and thrilling that has never been done in that form yet, as far as I remember. It would be a whole other level of performance skill. As a costume I could picture something like this: As a music piece I could imagine Francesca Gagnon's "Querer". It's not too fast, but has a rhythm that I think is very suitable for jumping, spinning and also for long gliding on one foot with nice deep edges (including Yuzu's praised cool-down moves that we hardly get to see in competition). Here is an excerpt from the lyrics that I found especially fitting for him: Querer Entre cielo y mar Sin fuerza de gravedad Sentimiento de libertad Querer Sin jamas esperar Dar solo para dar Siempre y todavia mas Amar Para poder luchar Contra el viento y volar Descubrir la belleza del mar Want Between sky and sea Without gravity Feeling of freedom Want Without ever expect Give only to give Always and still more Love To fight Against the wind and fly Discover the beauty of the sea
  4. This. It's one thing to attract the audience with popular music. People tend to overlook any flaw in the skating as long as the music is good. But the real skill is, if you can make the music piece work with your sublime skating. And this is what Yuzu can do. Make you actually listen to music that would probably never be in your playlist, if not for him. Footnote: Personally, I like about 90% of Yuzu's music choices and I'm grateful that I got to know many great pieces through him. EDIT: ISU has updated Yuzu's bios, but only his JNats title. Programs are still Ballade and Seimei LOL http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00010967.htm Also: And Shizuka reacted to Yuzu's performance: This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
  5. About the state of Yuzu's programs: While I feel that skating to Heaven & Earth was a rather long-term plan, LMEY appeared to be a relatively late and spontaneous decision. We know that initially Jeff gave Yuzu various piano pieces, but they didn't seem to work well. That probably "cost" Yuzu some preparation time and LMEY is still in the experimenting phase at this point. Maybe Yuzu wanted to use JNats as a test, if it's worth keeping it or not. Since it worked out quite well at its first outing and the overall resonance is not bad either, he just might keep and fine-tune it. To be honest: The debut performance of LGC at ACI 2016 was less convincing to me than LMEY was here. Apart from the 4Lo LGC was far away from the quality level at GPF or Worlds. Yuzu just might need this half a year to polish the choreo and the quality of his elements to make LMEY really shine and a potential Oly winner. However, he may find something better and say goodbye to this SP. He had one great performance with it after all, so the preparation was not in vain. I really like the concept of H&E. While it gives Yuzu a bit more breathing room, it still doesn't lose anything of its skating quality and artistic value. Of course it needs to be polished here and there, but for a program debut it was absolutely stunning and I'm sure that Yuzu will keep it, no matter what some critics say. @rodica If I remember correctly, Yuzu mentioned on the first day that it's more important to him to skate clean and perform the new programs well. Bringing the 4Lz would have been an unnecessary risk. He clearly didn't need more to win here and it was definitely a smart decision imo.
  6. I think, before taking any kind of coaching job Yuzu would do everything in his might to help creating a competitive environment that protects the next generations of young skaters from physical, emotional, sexual and any other kind of abuse that we're currently experiencing. It's one thing to deal with this mess of a situation himself as a mature, adult skater, but a whole different thing to take care of his students, especially when they are underage. I got the impression that Yuzu is a very emotional person, who takes injustice to heart and rather swollows his anger than speaking up in public. Imagine if his students showed remarkable performances, but received awful scores. I fear that this would hit Yuzu even harder than any robbery or insult against himself...
  7. Lol Shoma Also... is Yuzu planning already? EDIT: Looks like it was rather a personal question to Mita-san. This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
  8. Sorry, but I feel the urgent need to send some special thanks to my mom. It was her - once again - correct prediction about the outcome of this event that made me able to stay calm and fully enjoy Yuzu's performances this week. She really should consider a job as a fortune teller. It's her third correct hit in a row now Yuzu was absolutely magical today. I'm still in awe and can't stop rewatching this beauty of a program. EDIT: By the way...
  9. I always loved Yuzu's gloves, but this is next level. Perfect 10 with crown.
  10. My dad interrupting Starwars ep. IV to watch Yuzu's SP on YouTube is such a mood. I love my family so much.
  11. To all fans of LMEY: It's pretty much safe that we will see this jam of a step sequence in 3 days again. MOI always had encore performances the last years... ... imagine it in the gala spotlights with full wilding and Jesus' Will costume...
  12. Yeah, in Australia, too. And it's so well deserved 💪
  13. Lolololol I just scrolled through the comment section of Robbie's LMEY video on YouTube and it's literally spammed with Fanyu comments already Well, if Robbie sees this, he probably takes it as some sort of good British Christmas humor EDIT: Queen's LMEY is full with Yuzu-comments, too. This is even funnier actually Footnote: my favorite Robbie-song up to date is the Johnny English Theme: A man for all seasons (Well, Yuzu is a man for all seasons, too )
  14. Merry Christmas everyone! Well, thanks to Yuzu and the growing excitement I managed to deliver all presents under the Christmas tree at exactly 0:00 local time. As a proper Santa-san should do
  15. To think that people were still coming up with the recycling debate 48 hours ago Yuzu: 2x new music + choreo + layout + costume (probably 3x with Jesus' Will as new EX) + new sneakers, new jacket, new blade savers, new Pooh... EDIT: Has this been shared? It's simply epic This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
  16. Here's the full recording:
  17. So he really trained without coaches and said that it was hard at first. However, he seems to have a good image of the 4A now, but he won't bring it at JNats yet. The big smile on his face is a great sign. Good luck, Yuzu
  18. This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
  19. It's so fascinating really. There is one new picture of this boy in... what? Two or three months? And there are so many new fanarts already. This fandom is epic.
  20. Yeah, this feels accurate
  21. Where do you think this pic was taken? Somewhere in the hotel?
  22. He will really and truly and absolutely appear with two new programs?!
  23. I bet he's rolling on the floor and can't believe what a genius of a troll he is. EDIT: He really outdid himself this time. Every secret service can take a lesson.
  24. For me, yes. It's a funny story: Helsinki 2017: I was extremely nervous, especially after Yuzu's fifth place in the short. It was the first time that mom has watched him live, too. She confidently said that Yuzu would still win the whole thing. It was hard for me to believe her, but well... she was right, so I started to take her predictions more seriously from now on. PyeongChang 2018: Mom said that Nathan will mess up and Yuzu will win, so I was relatively chilled from the beginning. She didn't watch Saitama and Torino live. Maybe she should have... but taking care of my grandparents had top priority at that time. I can't blame her for that. JNats 2020: She said that Yuzu will be great, so I'm chilled again.
  25. Seriously. What's the point in having a crowd, if they are not allowed to cheer? In that case there's no big difference to the "paper audience" at SkAm, except that a real crowd is 100x more dangerous in the middle of a pandemic. Also, I can hardly imagine that the crowd can hold emotions back, when Yuzu reveals his new programs and costumes - not to mention, if he surprised us with a clean 4A or breaking the scoreboard with +350 points. I can't speak for others, but I would probably need a gag in my mouth and a rope around my hands to avoid a spontaneous outburst of shouts and claps. EDIT: It's so infuriating that JNats not only has live audience, but pretty much everything else, too, that contributes to the spreading of the virus:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.