Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Planet Hanyu

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Henni147

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Henni147

  1. I once and for all have to say: NO. It's not western people, who are unable to understand and appreciate Japanese music pieces. We have the Swedish, the Greek, the German, the Spanish, the Italian, the Hungarian and now the Czech commentators, who are able to talk respectfully about Yuzu and TAKE the time to research information: As we can see, it is possible to comment on Yuzu's performances without mentioning NC in every second sentence. Also, the Czech fellows know that Hana wa saku is dedicated to the victims of 3-11 and also what the lyrics mean. They even mention the quad Axel as something that may be bigger than an Olympic gold and change figure skating in the future. This is all I expect from professional commentators. They don't have to praise Yuzu to the skies. It's totally enough to simply appreciate what he offers to us and not compare him to others all the time. Figure skating is not only about winning and losing after all. This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
  2. I can't remember Yuzu ever attempting a rippon 3A. Compared to the Russian girls the shape of his arms in the rippon variation is rather circular than stretched, so I don't think it would help him really. EDIT: The more (vertically) stretched and tight your body is, the faster you rotate. I'm actually baffled about Yuzu's incredible rotation speed, considering that his elbows are not pulled in, but angled sideways. Footnote: I really like Yuzu's circular or ring-shaped rippon and biellmann positions. It has something very natural and aesthetically pleasing for me. Btw: I can totally picture Yuzu being back to his hotel room and updating his 4A logbook, feeding in 3 new pages with descriptions, stats and footnotes about his latest 11 attempts. That would be so much like him
  3. Silver lining of the 20/21 season: Yuzuru Hanyu hasn't won any silver Two fun facts about WTT: In the 2017 freeskate Yuzu popped his 4S into a single, too. Is this a new tradition in the making? At every past WTT Yuzu has presented a new quad: 4Lo in the 2015 gala, 4Lz in the 2017 gala practice, ...
  4. Gosh, how mentally strong Yuzu must be to attack Nessie so many times in the very same arena where quad Lutzifer caused him an almost career ending injury four years ago... It almost feels like Nessie is chasing away all the evil spirits of the past and reparing Yuzu's relationship with Osaka.
  5. Whatever happens, if Yuzu wants a ratified 4A in competition AND a clean program around it, he cannot drop the 3A. It is a mandatory element in the men's short and essential in the free, too. With a 2A he can go home right away. Dropping the 3A would pretty much kill his chance to stay competitive. Also, sacrificing a world heritage 3A for another jump that may not even come into existence would be absolute madness, even for Yuzuru Hanyu. I think, the fact that the 3A and 4A turn out as two different jumps that require different technique altogether is actually a very good sign for him. That increases the chance that he can keep his 3A and train the 4A more independently.
  6. Yeah, thank God it is. I'm shaking my head whenever I read something like: next novice sensation works on a quint, but still has a 2A. Like... ok?
  7. If there is any positive take from the low 4A base value, it's the fact that junior and novice skaters are not tempted to bring it in competition with 1.5 turns missing and selling it as another sensation. Imagine a quad Baxel with +270° pre-rotation and +180° short on the landing ratified as a "first". I think Yuzu would cry rivers of pain... and us, too...
  8. I take the whole thing relatively chilled. After all, there is a certain curse on defending three-time World champions at the Olympics... And yes, I agree with @micaelis that - no matter how hard they try to push a certain skater - an Olympic three-peat plus Quaxel definitely is the most spectacular story of that whole circus.
  9. Oh dear... I think, I figured out now what happened with Yuzu's free in Stockholm Yuzu, please don't take this line of LMEY THAT serious next time "YOU GOTTA GET HIGH, BEFORE YOU TASTE THE LOWS!"
  10. For some reason I got creative this weekend and a little sad at the same time. Thinking of how frustrating it is for us to see in which direction figure skating is heading... I cannot even imagine how painful it must be for Yuzu, who loves this sport so much. I still hope, that figure skating will take a sharp turn last minute and bloom again some time in the future That being said, I wish you a nice and peaceful weekend everyone
  11. I actually wonder, who is closer to the boards: Panel slayer Kaori or Yuzu, who is literally disappearing behind the boards during TenChi step sequence:
  12. Happy Friday everyone
  13. In case of Kurt it feels like some sort of redemption commentary. I still remember very vividly all the not so nice things he said about Yuzu shortly before the ISU awards... That's why he belongs somewhere between category 2 and 3 for me. Carol has indeed moved to category 4 with the latest 'I don't care'-blunder. However, I had the impression that - overall - she's been quite complimentary towards Yuzu throughout the years with many iconic quotes and I do believe that it was honest. @citrusjunos Now that we are at it: Typical category 6 people are Max Ambesi, Daniel Weiss (Ger), the Chinese fellows from CCTV, Nobu and Shuzo and some others. C5 are the likes of Belinda Noonan, Mark Hanretty, Angelo Dolfini and so on. Maybe Charlie White, too. C4 are the literal ticking bombs LOL. Can be great, but also a blooper like Carol Lane or Simon Reed. C3 yeah... well I've unblocked Kurt. Let's see what he will make out of his second chance. C2 Chris Howarth. I used to like him on B.ESP. But ever since his move to the ISU channel things went downhill with him. Also TAT, with her attitude towards Jason and some other takes in recent years. Terry Gannon? Sometimes I have the feeling that he tries to be nice, but breaks under the pressure of TJ. C1 Obviously TJ. I did not believe that they could become even worse after US Nationals, but yes. They did. Yags, too (maybe not directly with Yuzu, I don't know, but he did too much other damage).
  14. Maybe I could, but I fear that - while writing that list - I may demolish my beloved keyboard by mistake
  15. Looking at recent comments about Yuzu, there are the following categories of people now: 1. Fallen into disgrace forever. 2. Did some redemption recently, but past level of trashtalk connot be undone. 3. Unblocked or re-followed on probation. 4. Tried to be nice, but still some blunders in there. 5. Reliable voice of reason with no extras. 6. Loyal fanyu ever since, sometimes overdoing it I'd say, category 2 is pretty crowded at the moment. But that just might be my personal impression
  16. Honestly. I feel so proud that Yuzu has made it to this list of skaters who were first to land a new jump. And he might make it for a second time I started to create this breakdown about a week before Worlds. It was an incredible amount of research work and it's not even completed yet (the historic part about the inventors is still in the making). It's always a little risk to share information like this, but my motivation and drive was to create a guide for fans who are not that familiar with figure skating jumps and don't want to dive too deep into the technical stuff. But it's also for long-time fans, who are interested to discover some new historical bits and easter eggs. I hope, that you like it
  17. Yes, I pray with my toes and fingers that your channel can stay and won't fall victim to the copyright deletion wave. It's a wonderful archive! I know very well how exhausting it is to work with recordings in such high resolution. It can drive you (and your computer) mad, especially the rendering and upload. Thank you so much for your effort and hard work!
  18. Ups. The YT stats seemed to have blown up over night. Many Nathan fans reacted to it, but the feedback was almost friendly, I'm positively shocked Of course, they pointed out that many deleted and geo-blocked videos were not considered in the list. But thankfully, they rather blame NBC and Olympic Channel, not me. (*yeey*) The natural mocking was there, of course (fanyus can't bear that Hanyu lost in Stockholm etc.), but all in all the naked stats seemed to have quite an impact. This is a promising way to start the day actually
  19. Lol at the result of the question whether you come from a country where FS is popular or not The whole survey goes 6 more days. I'm curious about the final results
  20. Yeeeey!!
  21. Yeah, the biggest surprise for me is that Boyang didn't make it to the list. This might be, because many FS channels with videos from the Pyeongchang cycle (2014-2018) were deleted. I'm sure, there were some videos with Spiderman or La Strada with +100K views at least.
  22. Sorry, but I just couldn't not PS: It might be that I forgot to count a Yuzu video... or two... gomen Yuzu! This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
  23. Speaking of LMEY. Congrats to JNats LMEY for joining the 1 Million club!
  24. My first and last take on the wiggle topic: The lyrics of the song say "shake your arse". According to the Cambridge Dictionary the word "shake" is defined as follows: to move backwards and forwards or up and down in quick, short movements, or to make something or someone do this. If you are shaking, your body makes quick short movements, or you feel as if it is doing so, because you are frightened or nervous. Yuzu clearly satisfies the criteria to make something move in quick and short movements. And the certain something matches the required a-word in the lyrics. Hence, perfect 10.00 for IN. Literally.
  25. Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts about Seimei and TenChi. It's really a great thread. I added my personal take on this topic, too:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.