Everything posted by rockstaryuzu
-
General Yuzuru Chat
It's actually a necessary part of language-learning, to avoid accidentally giving offense. I had a classmate from Kuwait in engineering school who learned the hard way just how offensive the f-word could be after some @$$ tricked her into using it
-
General Yuzuru Chat
Would love to watch Yuzu's practice and chat about it in a forum here on the Planet just like we do for competitions LOL. Yup. I even have a sakura-themed whiskey that will be just right! Wheeeee!
-
General Yuzuru Chat
No rest for us!
-
General Yuzuru Chat
That's just what I was missing from my life thank you. I can't wait to see what the live chat will be like 😍
-
General Yuzuru Chat
I think it should never be a thing where people feel pressured to do it "or else we lose". I think it's fun to voluntarily do it to give Yuzu some numbers or organize it as a group activity for a particular time period or something. But it mustn't become something to bully each other over. For example, just today on my tl, there were 3 or 4 tweets all in tge vein of 'wow so many ARMY on Twitter are fake ARMY. They brag about how much they love BTS but they never post about voting in fan-voted awards shows. They never talk about streaming. They're not doing x, y,z so there's no way they could be real fans." And sometimes this shade is directed at really big accounts who provide wonderful services to the fan community, like free translations, or at people who have obviously spent thousands on merch and concert tickets etc. Clearly unfair, clearly wrong. I think it's both fun to stream, and also wise to avoid policing things like whether other fans stream videos or not. Let everyone enjoy the fun in their own way. 💜
-
General Yuzuru Chat
I agree, but who would we fight with? Yuzu's the only skater with that kind of number of fans anyway. No one else comes close. 'Streaming wars' would be literally pointless. However, I get what you mean about fights within the fandom over who is doing the fan thing 'the right way" by streaming etc. As an ARMY active on Twitter, I see it all the time and it's not right.
-
General Yuzuru Chat
That thouggt crossed my mind, too.
-
General Yuzuru Chat
So at what point do you think our Hanyuism moves from being a 'fandom' to becomes something bigger, like, say, a movement or a philosophy? Or a trend, or phenomenon, or what have you? Are we there yet? 🥰
-
General Yuzuru Chat
Never thought I'd see the day that someone opening a social media channel was front-page news for traditional print media. The times we live in, man.
-
General Yuzuru Chat
That's a record all on it's own. Nearly a million views and 281, 000 subscribers on the first day of an unsearchable channel?! WOW!
-
General Yuzuru Chat
So in other words, this is Yuzu's 'give my fanyus what they want' era 😁
-
General Yuzuru Chat
Hey, satellites- Make sure you post the link for Yuzu's channel everywhere you can and share it abundantly. I just tried navigating to his channel by using the YouTube search bar, and I got everything but - including at least four fan channels that had re-uploaded his intro video to their own channel pages, with their subtitles added, and a link to his page in their descriptions. I know this is a thing that happens on Youtube, but I'm really, really not happy to see that happen to Yuzu less than a day after he started his own channel. That's not some footage from a big rich broadcaster they're stealing, it's Yuzu's own personal work. Unless the language they translate it to is so uncommon and rarely spoken that they're the only ones who could possibly do the translations, there's no excuse! So yeah, everyone, spread tge link to the real channel until Yuzu figures out what 'sesrch engine optimization' is, please. But don't re-upload.
-
General Yuzuru Chat
YouTube doesn't stand a chance
-
General Yuzuru Chat
I'm thinking people watched it 3x, then subscribed, watched it 3 mores times and then remembered there's a 'like' button, too.
-
General Yuzuru Chat
You got unicorns? No one told me there'd be unicorns...*pout* Joking apart, I'm having a super cruddy day at work and everything is making me angry, but then I remember that YuzuTube is now a thing, and I can go on...
-
General Yuzuru Chat
This is an idea I can get behind! Original Origin 1.0, with the ACI '18 choreo, only at 4.5 minutes, skated in the Origin 1.0 costume. The 'god' program, where Yuzu looked like a primeval force rising from the Earth to create a new universe. Yes, I want that!
-
General Yuzuru Chat
There are cat breeds that are ok for allergic people because they don't produce dander, such as Maine Coons or Russian Blues...
-
General Yuzuru Chat
On that note, I hope Yuzu can finally get a cat. Now that he's not on the fly hither and yon for competitions grind, it's probably easier for him to have a pet.
-
General Yuzuru Chat
Agree with this. Just replay the video every time you sign on to YouTube, instead. Keep the views growing over time. Or, make a playlist with other videos interspersing between adding Yuzu's video to the list multiple times. Maybe use videos from other channels you want to support, like @Henni147's stuff (or your favorite band!) But, can anyone tell me how much difference high view counts will make for a channel like Yuzu's? For a music video, for example, the YT viewcount is sometimes included as part of the metrics for hit charts, which translates into awards, promotions, and radio play or music sales. But figure skating has none of these. What does Yuzu get out of his videos having high view counts?
-
General Yuzuru Chat
Not just any white wall. It's our own dear White Wall-kun, who's had Yuzu's back this whole pandemic... Yuzu's at 129000 subscribers now
-
Team Canada
New Romsky video, guys!
-
General Yuzuru Chat
His spins and edges were already well above novice level there. His edges are so crisp. Wow
-
General Yuzuru Chat
Does anyone have the link for the GP assignments? They're out. Jun at Skate America.
-
General Yuzuru Chat
I've been reading everyone's posts and I want to say this: We all seem to be feeling a sense of loss that goes beyond not seeing Yuzu compete again. The Pooh rain, the wild queueing for a good seat in early practices, the meeting other fanyus, the travel...my dear fellow satellites of Planet Hanyu, we had amazing and joyful collective experiences thanks to watching Yuzu, that we probsbly will never have a chance to experience again. It's normal to mourn that. Not only are we losing our Yuzu competition experiences, but in a sense, we could lose each other as well. Let's not let that happen. Let's promise to keep the PH spirit going, and still meet up at competitions or ice shows or wherever we can. Our little community is something lovely, and if weren't for Yuzu we wouldn't have it, so let's hang on to it. I personally am looking forward to the first time we are able to have an ice show - related PH satellite meet up. Because Yuzu is still worth travelling for.
-
General Yuzuru Chat
I heartily second this emotion