Everything posted by makebelieveup
-
Music talk
Yass to this version though
-
This or That (New Questions)
Glad Im not the only one who prefers the PW moment although I do agree Chopin was more naturally seductive. 8. BORser probably knew Yuzu was trouble the moment he joined the team but he didnt expect that to go on for so long lol 9. Daring choice!! 11. almost everyone cheated on that one 4. That perfect scenario lol imagine the bitterness in other fandoms 6. When I rewatched his older PW programs, I could tell he wasnt as confident doing the sexy choreos but that somehow was sexy in its own way 11. JB choreo really challenges Yuzu and brings out the different sides to him while Shae works with Yuzu to bring out the Yuzu in the programs 13. the ending pose screams "how dare you doubted me!" 14. He makes more expressions when speaks English than when he performs Yassss LGC needs some love! Awww thanks! 3. He needs to break that 4CC curse! 18. I hate drama but Im curious to see how the fandom would react to this 18. Bonus question: that was easy for me as I think Notte Stellata costume is one of his most beautiful costumes 7. Yeah, the Pyeongchang one was so perfect from head to toe. I prefer the way his bangs were styled, swept to the side, and the new details of his outfit
-
This or That (New Questions)
oh yeah of course i mean Max and Angelo, population two: only them
-
This or That (New Questions)
Omgosh that NHK MURDERFACE YASSS i forgot to add --- 1. H&L's biellman spin OR Chopin's backcounter 3A (I love the way he put his leg down) 2. Seimei's one leg entry into a camel spin OR The Swan's combination sit spins 3. First person to land 4A in competition OR Win perfect streak in a season (I wish he can win at 4CC once tho) 4. 3Peat Olym Champion OR WR holder in SP, FS, and Total under the new system for another 5 years (this means even after another successive Olympic season) imagine he doesnt go for another olympic season but his records still top the new champion's 5. Haru Yo Koi and Requiem of Heaven and Earth OR The Swan and White Legend 6. Sexiness: PW 2.0's running-through-hair OR Chopin 3.0's Ina Bauer (That moment was the first time I fell in love with him) 7. Costume and hair: LGC or Seimei (his heart hairline is everything ) 8. First person to land a 4T-4T combo in competition OR first person to land a Quintuple Toe in competition 9. Change coach and compete for another 4 years OR Retire before the 19/20 season and go on a hiatus before returning as a coach in 2022 (I want to see a new star coach) 10. Skate clean to LGC in competition or land a Quad Flip in competition (Flip isnt my fave jump so I dont care so much for it) 11. Yuzu's program choreo: Jeffrey Buttle OR Shae-Lynn Bourne (the only one i cannot choose) 12. Favorite rawness/passion: RJ 2012 World or Seimei NHK 13. Chopin's ending pose and reaction: NHK/GPF/World/ACI/Pyeongchang 14. Yuzu's struggling with English moments OR Yuzu's laughing sound 15. ITA commentaries OR No commentary 16. Yuzu guest starring in a new movie OR Yuzu guest starring in Tokyo Ghoul 17. New hair color OR Stage make up 18. Drama: Skate to YOI's EROS for an exhibition OR Get an IG account 19. earphones OR pooh 20. If YUZU were not a figure skater: would you want him to be a baseball player OR soccer player bonus: Music choice: Shoma's Moonlight or Alina's POTO (at least its a shorter program lol)
-
This or That (New Questions)
Choosing between Jeffrey and Shae is like sophie's choice! LOL that's every fangirl's wish
-
This or That (New Questions)
Thanks! Ohhh I see gotta fix itt Some of these questions, I don't even know how to choose myself!
-
This or That (New Questions)
Hi guys, I saw a really fun This or that thread earlier and would like to create my own questions (hopefully) in awaiting for media day (if theres even one). 1. H&L's biellman spin OR Chopin's backcounter 3A 2. Seimei's one leg entry into a camel spin OR The Swan's combination sit spins 3. First person to land 4A in competition OR Win perfect streak in a season 4. 3Peat Olym Champion OR WR holder in SP, FS, and Total under the new system for another 5 years (this means even after another successive Olympic season) 5. Haru Yo Koi and Requiem of Heaven and Earth OR The Swan and White Legend 6. Sexiness: PW 2.0's running-through-hair OR Chopin 3.0's Ina Bauer 7. Costume and hair: LGC or Seimei 8. First person to land a 4T-4T combo in competition OR first person to land a Quintuple Toe in competition 9. Change coach and compete for another 4 years OR Retire before the 19/20 season and go on a hiatus before returning as a coach in 2022 10. Skate clean to LGC in competition or land a Quad Flip in competition 11. Yuzu's program choreo: Jeffrey Buttle OR Shae-Lynn Bourne 12. Favorite rawness/passion: RJ 2012 World or Seimei NHK 13. Chopin's ending pose and reaction: NHK/GPF/World/ACI/Pyeongchang 14. Yuzu's struggling with English moments OR Yuzu's laughing sound 15. ITA commentaries OR No commentary 16. Yuzu guest starring in a new movie OR Yuzu guest starring in Tokyo Ghoul 17. New hair color OR Stage make up 18. Drama: Skate to YOI's EROS for an exhibition OR Get an IG account 19. earphones OR pooh 20. If YUZU were not a figure skater: would you want him to be a baseball player OR soccer player bonus: Music choice: Shoma's Moonlight or Alina's POTO
-
Music talk
So I got desperate in this Yuzuru drought and decided to create a "new program" for him LOL I made small edits from his program from FTT here and there to fit the music from Empress of the Palace. FTT isn't my favorite Yuzuru program so I didn't watch it very often. But with this music I think I shamelessly enjoy it more.
-
Music talk
Oh you explained it so well! I definitely agree! I do remember seeing a video with Yuzuru saying to the press how asian skaters aren't perceived to be very "artistic" in this sport and he wants to change that perception. I heard Figure Skating used to be ruled by the trinity: US, Russia, and Canada. There's definitely bias in the ISU judging system, but I'm glad to see how Yuzuru is revolutionizing the sport over time. Now there are definitely more asian skaters even the top ones. Although I sorta expect the post Yuzu era will somehow revert to what it would be before as the coming generation includes strong skaters like Stephen Gogolev, who is a Russian Canadian and the whole Ladies' Single field is predominantly Russian from Junior to Senior levels. I think so too, it'll definitely nice to see it beings skate to in a gala
-
Music talk
LOL no worries! What I meant was it's a lot harder to choose an asian piece haha I just listened to it briefly and it's really good! Lovely piece! But it's a little soft and slow with no narrative so it would need to take a skater as good as Yuzuru to skate to this piece. I also like this
-
Music talk
Awww both of your comments are so sweet! Oh yeah, I'm also surprised as to why the music choice for skating world is so limited/narrow? There are so many great asian music choices out there!!! Maybe with some skaters, their choreographers choose it for them? Maybe with some skaters, they choose their own music but choose a safe classic to connect with the audience? Apparently, the problem with those scenarios is the skaters can't connect with the music/program themselves. Some of the other skaters, I don't feel like they believe in their own program/music enough to draw us into the world they try to create through their program. As for Yuzuru, he chooses and believes in his own music/program, which completing draws us into the world he creates.
-
Music talk
Haha I think I do like some music with vocals such as LGC since it's upbeat and fun, which suits his rock star style, and POTO since there's just a few parts of the medley, and Notte Stellata. This is actually my first season waiting for his new program, so I'm also very excited haha but waiting has its own fun...I'm sure I'll get a lot of side eyeing for that LOL If Yuzuru were Chinese, I think this would suit him very much. The is a medley for the two songs Jing Hong Wu and Feng Huan Yu Fei from the megahit drama Legend of Zhen Huan
-
Music talk
I agree. I also prefer him skating to non vocal pieces. Let his body sing
-
Music talk
Yeah I only know he edits Seimei but I feel like the arrangment for POTO and most of his music programs is similar. I wouldnt be surprised if he did it for POTO. I really love how the arrangement in his music programs always has a dramatic opening for two quad and 1 triple jumping passes, followed by a slow and melodic middle for the step sequence, followed by a climax for the 2nd half when he gets the 10% bonus and another step sequence/choreographic moves and his unique spin ending. It just feels like he uses his music so well to tell the story from beginning to end be it in 2 mins or 4.5 mins. He has total control of his music and connection to it. LOL at the last part. Yuzu is too much of a perfectionist to skate to that piece but if he has to he will somehow still make it work. That just shows how much confidence I have in his musicality.
-
Music talk
I agree. I havent been on this forum for long but I've been seeing a lot of complaints and hate for warhorse music. While I dont particularly enjoy them, I have always thought they go well with Yuzuru's skating style -- or maybe I should even say those are Yuzuru's skating style. I always feel like Yuzuru pulls off dramatic classical musics like no other. I also always feel like Yuzuru's music is soo well arranged and intentional. The cuts blend too nicely together to the point I enjoy the medley more than just listening to the original individual music.
-
Music talk
I think this would be a great music for a short program