Japanese study group

Hydroblade

43 分ぐらい, Hydroblade said:

I just typed what I heard, which is why everything is in hiragana. I thought that maybe another point of view could have been useful and guide other people who wanted to try and decipher Yuzu's mumbling :P I never said it was correct

ふっふっふっ。

そんなことはお見通しだよ!

私は最初からボケてみたのだよ…。

(ΦωΦ)フフフ…

It's so interesting to know about people learning Japanese.  I used to think only Japanese are experiencing agony in learning a foreign language :biggrin: 

Has anyone introduced the Japanese lesson of NHK World already?  Sorry if it was already posted.

https://www.nhk.or.jp/lesson/

This is a good site to know about Japanese culture as well as daily life.  

4 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

It's so interesting to know about people learning Japanese.  I used to think only Japanese are experiencing agony in learning a foreign language :biggrin: 

My japanese personal nemesis is 助詞 :Poohgaveup:  

And thanks for the link :D

Good morning!! :)

More dictation.

Here is the part continued from the previous time:

K:で、それで、最初の方はほんま、デスドロップみたいなアクセル跳んでたの。で教えてもらってから、しっかり、ちゃんと跳べるようになって、毎回アクセルは跳べるようになりました。ありがとうございます。

Y:いえいえ。

7:05
Y:  一応ルッツは一発だけ、ルッツ一個だけ、まぐれで降りたんですよね、四回転。

K: あ、俺その場にいたよ。

Y:ですよね、あのすっごいギリッギリなやつ。

Please note he said 「ルッツは一般…」erroneously, then corrected to「一発だけ」and「一個だけ」. :)   (一発だけ is more slangish than 一個だけ.  So he corrected again.)

I hope by this dictation has become complete.

If still there remains something, please let me know. :)

4 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

They're still a big question mark to me. I am super distracted and I mistake any particle for any other! :laughing: I guess it's true that italian has a lot of different particles with different functions, but... not as confusing as the Japanes ones, I believe. 

The thing is, although she commands flawless Japanese, she's a German!!

I confess I had imagined the account was "he", but it turned out to be a beautiful lady!!

マライさんのツイートはいつも面白いのでお勧めです。

Do you think that she maybe opened the twitter account as a mental project/goal to master her Japanese? :tumblr_inline_mg16edHrZz1qdlkyg:

1 分ぐらい, Murieleirum said:

Do you think that she maybe opened the twitter account as a mental project/goal to master her Japanese? :tumblr_inline_mg16edHrZz1qdlkyg:

It seems マライさん's Japanese was flawless when she opened her twitter account.  She is a writer and deeply involved in Japanese オタク culture.  So her tweet is always amusing to read.

7 時間前, Hydroblade said:

And thanks for the link :D

One 助詞 is recently giving me uneasiness.  That's .

I see sentences like the following these days.

そのお店ではアクセサリー売っている。 

To me, アクセサリー売っている or アクセサリーが売られている sounds correct, but I have not confirmed yet.  Just feeling uneasiness every time :yznotimpressed:

But, this usage seems to be increasing, and I think I would get used to it someday.

助詞 sometimes makes even Japanese confused, although it is useful.

In a poetry lesson,

目の前蛍が二羽三羽 - image that the fireflies are stopped in front of you. 

目の前蛍が二羽三羽 - image that the fireflies are coming in front of you. 

目の前蛍が二羽三羽 - image that the fireflies are flying around in front of you. 

The teacher said the third one was the best.

(We usually use 匹 not 羽 for fireflies though.)

I remember my mother, who passed away 20 years ago, was always complaining about ら抜き言葉, like ”あなた、明日来れる?”、”ううん、来れない。”

Every time she heard such phrases in a drama or show, she mumbled to TV, "It should be 来れる、not 来れる.  It's a mistake!" :smiley-angry031:

I wonder whether she was still complaining about it if she was alive now, or had already got used to it :rolleyes:

Anyway, languages are fun, including their difficulties.

By the way, my nemeses are, tenses, articles, singular/plural form, preposition and,

the pronunciation disregarding its spelling in English :dumb:

4 時間前, SuzyQ said:

We usually use 匹 not 羽 for fireflies though.

So do we.  The examples were probably taken from the old document.

The only insect 羽 is used is a butterfly!

4 時間前, SuzyQ said:

I remember my mother, who passed away 20 years ago, was always complaining about ら抜き言葉, like ”あなた、明日来れる?”、”ううん、来れない。”

Every time she heard such phrases in a drama or show, she mumbled to TV, "It should be 来れる、not 来れる.  It's a mistake!" :smiley-angry031:

This ら抜き言葉 is a typical "shifting phase issue".   In the old times every verb accompanied ら.

But the shorter verb has begun to drop ら, like 見れる、来れる.

Language is living, so in some future time every verb will drop ら when expressing possibilities.

So, the term ended last saturday :sadPooh:

I got 97 on my final test (i made a mistake and used 辞書形 instead of た形 in one verb lol) and 100 as final grade of the third level course :D

本当に嬉しかった:10636614: 

There are some points i want to study further, so i will keep on practicing until the next course starts :D and of course, i will keep on practicing kanji :D

I am thinking of ordering a book to help me with my reading skills too :)

Next course is taught by a native teacher, they say she is very severe but i am looking forward to it :D

1 時間前, sister555 said:

? This sentence is incorrect as Japanese.  (From a mouth of native speaker)

I never use the 助詞 this way myself as it sounds awkward to me, although I'm not sure whether it is grammatically correct or not.  Anyway, it is true that I have not noticed, or felt this kind of uneasiness before with the usage of が, which means, as far as I feel, it is now used more frequently than before.  If linguistic professionals say no problem with that usage, I have no reason to deny it, but maybe I will not say that way and keep saying ”アクセサリー売っている” or ”アクセサリーが売られている” instead, as it is easier to my mouth and ears :smile:

Yes, language is living, and the common sense today would never be the same.

59 分ぐらい, Hydroblade said:

So, the term ended last saturday :sadPooh:

I got 97 on my final test (i made a mistake and used 辞書形 instead of た形 in one verb lol) and 100 as final grade of the third level course :D

本当に嬉しかった:10636614: 

There are some points i want to study further, so i will keep on practicing until the next course starts :D and of course, i will keep on practicing kanji :D

I am thinking of ordering a book to help me with my reading skills too :)

Next course is taught by a native teacher, they say she is very severe but i am looking forward to it :D

Congratulations to your good result :goe:

I'm quite sure you know about Japanese grammar much better than I do :5918bda810b8d_0004(1):