2024 Figure Skating World Championship (Montreal, Canada)

Fay

4 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Ilia next. Is he really going to sjate innheans and a hoodie? 

Costume change in the middle.

Well, that was definitely expressive! 

And now, Deanna & Max

Dear Ilia, whatever you just did, please do it in the competitions as well! 

This was great. He put the emotion on the ice, the energy could be felt through the TV. This worked so well for him. I did not expect this of him.

2 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Finale. 

And we don't get to see it😭. They ended the stream right after the pair skaters😡

Ilia 4A, followed by a cantilever he is clearly still working on. And his raspberry twist thingy

4 minutes ago, Faithyu said:

Dear Ilia, whatever you just did, please do it in the competitions as well! 

This was great. He put the emotion on the ice, the energy could be felt through the TV. This worked so well for him. I did not expect this of him.

And we don't get to see it😭. They ended the stream right after the pair skaters😡

Ah 💩

Jump off! Adam & Elladj sbs backflips, then Keegan and Elladj one right after the other, over Nam 😁

Max with the flag

So one other thing: they had the audience vote for a favorite Gala performance,  which Adam (of course, 🥵) won. 

4 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Jump off! Adam & Elladj sbs backflips, then Keegan and Elladj one right after the other, over Nam 😁

Max with the flag

So one other thing: they had the audience vote for a favorite Gala performance,  which Adam (if course, 🥵) won. 

Definitely going to watch the ending when it's up on YT.

It did something weird to my heart to see Ilia skating as the final star of tbe finale, in the men's champion place. I missed Yuzu being there in that spot. It really felt like now there's a missing piece that will always be missing.

I guess that feeling will go away once I manage to get to one of Yuzu's solo shows

On 3/24/2024 at 4:27 PM, Faithyu said:

Exactly! There's such a difference between skaters expressing themselves and skaters trying to please the judges. It's a rare person that can manage both at the same time

15 hours ago, LAY said:

You think Yuzu is G.O.A.T but he didn't even achieve three time world champion🏆🥇😵‍💫 as compared to Kaori🤣

In all fairness, I think Yuzu himself would say the exact same thing, and he would say it straight to Kaori’s face. He's always been supportive of his fellow skaters and shown great respect for Kaori. 

After all, it's about bloody time the Japanese ladies got out from under the shadow of the highly questionable and most likely doping Russians and got their well-deserved flowers.

11 hours ago, Faithyu said:

Thanks for sharing the impressions you had and the information💜.

So, just want to add something to the PCS.

Not sure during which event it was (could have been ladies free skate), but our commentator explained quite frankly the two mostly known and a not so known facts about pcs.

1)

if one is not an established top skater, skating in the first groups will give automaticly a lesser pc score. It's sadly a fact and everyone knows it.

2)

The judges seem not be able to seperate tec score from component score/skating skills. A fall or mistake should only be reflected in the tec score and not influence the pcs. Sadly, most of the time they can't seperate it. Most who follow figure skating know about this.

3)

And a maybe not so known point, he said it's an open secret in the scene, that pc scores are the ones backstage deals are made over. Cause it's the easiest score to "influence".....

The only way to fix this is to make the scores completely separate, and have blind, random judging. I.e. no one knows who from the pool of judges will be scoring their skaters beforehand.  And have two separate judging pools for TES and PCS.

Or, eliminate PCS completely and make it all different aspects of tech. Henni makes a really good case for the fact that most PCS stuff is also tech. 

16 hours ago, TokyoDream said:

Are you actually implying that someone who's got 15000 posts over the last 6 years on a Hanyu forum that they might not be a good enough fan of him in your opinion?

Not to mention the $10,000 or so I've spent traveling to comps etc to see him.... but that's really not relevant. 

Here's the issue: I'm a fanyu, but Yuzu is *not* my religion. He's someone I admire greatly and consider to be an amazing human being. But it makes me deeply uncomfortable to witness how some folks here on the Planet - and elsewhere - speak of him as if he were literally a deity*. It borders on blasphemy, it perturbs both my conscience and my soul, and we all should realize full well that it would alarm Yuzu if he became aware of it.

Love him, admire him, spend your time and money on him all you want - but remember that he is *just* another human. One with great gifts and talents, but still, human.

Please. 

* to be clear: I'm not talking about when we jokingly call him a 'god of skating'  etc. I do know the difference between joking around and losing the plot, eh? 

26 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Not to mention the $10,000 or so I've spent traveling to comps etc to see him.... but that's really not relevant. 

Here's the issue: I'm a fanyu, but Yuzu is *not* my religion. He's someone I admire greatly and consider to be an amazing human being. But it makes me deeply uncomfortable to witness how some folks here on the Planet - and elsewhere - speak of him as if he were literally a deity. It borders on blasphemy, it perturbs both my conscience and my soul, and we all should realize full well that it would alarm Yuzu if he became aware of it.

Love him, admire him, spend your time and money on him all you want - but remember that he is *just* another human. One with great gifts and talents, but still, human.

Please. 

Fully agree. And he's so much more interesting as a human, in all his rawness and fragility anyway, even if  we all consider him the GOAT he's still human.

I didn't like the way you were spoken to either, acknowledging other skaters' strengths and achievements is not only a healthy approach but also something that I strongly believe Yuzuru would welcome - as we've seen him show  sportmanship countless times.