General Yuzuru Chat

22 hours ago, Perelandra said:

It's available on YuTunes for everyone !!!

Beautiful skating, fabulous costume, stupendous effects and stylistically wondrous

Such a fantastic treat for all Fanyus

I love his artistic sense and what he does, but the edit of this video is not for me. It takes too much from his amazing choreography and skating, in my opinion. I know he puts a lot of effort and thoughts into what he gives to us, but he lost me a bit with this one. Just my thoughts on that🤷🏼‍♀️.

27 minutes ago, eatingchips said:

Hello. I have not been in touch with Yuzuru news since he retired.

Is there any chance of him unretiring? Has there been any interviews suggesting he misses competing again?
I have lost touch with all his recent news so I would like to know. 

He's doing his third solo ice tour starting on Dec 7 in Saitama, Japan. Is having ridiculous success as a professional skater. Recently said in an interview that his competitive days seem far away and he isn't interested in going back because what he's doing as an artist is so much more interesting.

Also he's still landing quads.

Check out his YouTube channel:

https://youtube.com/@hanyuyuzuru2624?si=WavEv_oNSOiP18AS

18 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

He's doing his third solo ice tour starting on Dec 7 in Saitama, Japan. Is having ridiculous success as a professional skater. Recently said in an interview that his competitive days seem far away and he isn't interested in going back because what he's doing as an artist is so much more interesting.

Also he's still landing quads.

Check out his YouTube channel:

https://youtube.com/@hanyuyuzuru2624?si=WavEv_oNSOiP18AS

Wow thanks for the comment.

Yes, I am sure he is better off not competing because it seems ISU was seriously rigged and corrupted to get rid of him as soon as he won his second Olympic gold medal. I already knew something was very off from the 2019 GPF when Yuzu's perfect 4Lz was getting fewer GOEs than the wrong-edge 4Lz take-off from another male skater. 

It's heartbreaking to know that it was the flawed judging system that retired him much earlier than he had to.

If we had fair judgment, we would have got at least another 4 years of competing from him.

But I'm glad he thinks that he doesn't miss competing.

I was hoping he would come back to compete for just one season in Japan, but I guess that will never happen.

But nice to know he still lands quads. Unbelievable. 

29 minutes ago, eatingchips said:

Wow thanks for the comment.

Yes, I am sure he is better off not competing because it seems ISU was seriously rigged and corrupted to get rid of him as soon as he won his second Olympic gold medal. I already knew something was very off from the 2019 GPF when Yuzu's perfect 4Lz was getting fewer GOEs than the wrong-edge 4Lz take-off from another male skater. 

It's heartbreaking to know that it was the flawed judging system that retired him much earlier than he had to.

If we had fair judgment, we would have got at least another 4 years of competing from him.

I was hoping he would come back to compete for just one season in Japan, but I guess that will never happen.

But nice to know he still lands quads. Unbelievable. 

One of the publicity videos for Milano Cortina Olympics 2026 shows a tiny bit of Yuzu footage representing the FS discipline, so it is not unreasonable to imagine that there are some factions of the winter sports world who would also appreciate seeing Yuzu compete one more time. 

As @rockstaryuzu has already mentioned, there are many fan made videos on youtube and even better, Yuzu has a channel to showcase his professional skating with paid membership which feature even more videos for members. 

If you have access to Disney +, Yuzu's Ice Story 'GIFT' is available complete with sub titles in many languages. Yuzu has evolved his unique skating to greater heights and also mastered the skill of evocative and enchanting story telling. It is a really magical combination

1 hour ago, eatingchips said:

Well he wouldn't say it if he didn't mean it. Yuzu is a man who knows his own mind very well and is quite direct about conveying his thoughts, too. 

19 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Well he wouldn't say it if he didn't mean it. Yuzu is a man who knows his own mind very well and is quite direct about conveying his thoughts, too. 

It has been mentioned in several professional era interviews and Yuzu's answer has become clear and firm.

There is also allusion to the dilemma, during the animation scene in RE_PRAY where Yuzu has to evade falling blocks. The Yuzu avatar continues, jumping and spinning trying to move through the hall and not be in the position of 'game over' and also the avatar speaks of the difficulty leaving a place, an arena which is all that he knows, the hours of effort is not easy to walk away from and the sense of duty to carry on, apprehension of what might lie beyond. The character prevails and moves to the next stage, there is no looking back because the next challenge arrives - Megalovania and the avatar moves forward.

Perhaps, an allegorical representation of life, to which many people can relate.