General Yuzuru Chat

1 時間前, Luminousさんが言いました:

4Lo with an injured ankle is harder than 4A. It brings more pain. That’s why he didn’t do 3A-3Lo

That may be true, 4Lo takeoff is certainly harder in this way, but I am just amazed at his tenacity and bravery.

Hi, I am a newbie and just want to express a piece of my mind and heart, which were in a chaotic state for the past few days. 

I have to say I was disappointed and extremely sad when he popped 4S in the short. Like... he hardly ever popped his quad in the short, (has he ever?), and now he did it in the Olympics (more over because of a hole on the ice T_T). 

But now... I was thinking, maybe it was because Olympics god also wanted him to go for 4A :)). I don't know if he could go for 4A in the free if he had had about ~110 in the short. Imagine, if he had got great short (as usual) and then went for the 4A in the free and because of that missed the podium, then you can imagine how people would say about him being selfish and such. 

Anyway, after all that had happen, even though I do feel sad and a little bit regret, I feel so content that I had the chance to witness part of his journey, seeing him going all out for something greater than a medal (I do wish I had knew about him sooner though).  
And I know this may sound too obvious, but how does he always come back like nothing???? He fell on his 2 first quads, others (most of) would be like "oh, I'm screwed" then have a terrible program till the end. But he always delivers, his second half was still full of dedication, it was still a magnificent performance.  

Also, I think maybe missing the podium here would do something good for him. As many people say, he must be under immense pressure all the time. People always expect him to top the podium, and he himself loves to compete (and hates losing), so maybe that also became obstacle to him in some way. Now, as he had "done the deed" (of not going to the podium in an extremely important competition), he can go and try everything we would like to do ^_^. Even though not seeing him winning gold in a competition pains me, I still wish for him to continue to compete in many more years. His body may not be in the peak condition, but he still can offer and contribute so so much to the figure skating world. Really, living in this Yuzuru Hanyu era is a privilage. 

Hi everyone

it s been a long time since my last message in this forum.

I hope everyone is ok.

I would like to share my feelings about the last events.

First i feel relieved because there was so much tensions during the previous days.

I also feel sad not because of the results but as m. Hanyu is a fierce competitor, he must have been the most frustrated for not being able to defend his chance because of a weakened body, even if he's got the technics.

He has just something unique in his skating that makes him the most enjoyable skater to watch.

That's why he will always be special to me.

No matter what happens in the future,  thank you m. Hanyu for being you.

cheers

hi guys! i woke up to the news and to say im devastated is an understatement. he deserves so much more...

i would like to send love to all of you guys. we put up with a lot this quad and lets continue supporting yuzuru as he continues to challenge the 4A! im always gonna be proud of him for making the hard decision, especially on olympic ice. 

im a bit torn between treating the olys like a sham (ms. yuna kim being robbed of her gold is still mind boggling) but at the same time there are positives to this situation! we got to see yuzu skate again, even if it wasn't at 100% and that's a blessing in and of itself. furthermore there are two japanese men on the podium! and one chinese american man. i may not like nathan's skating as much as yuzu's but i respect him to an extent, and after what happened last olys to him im glad he could prove himself on a world stage.

hopefully yuzu will have a restful break after this whole debacle, i hope he's not too hard on himself he really tried his best!

and lastly, im excited for pairs and (maybe a tiny bit) ladies. oh boy will the latter be laden with drama, but i really want to see the japanese ladies perform well! 

that's really all i want to say. guys, again thank you for supporting yuzu, and thank u for supporting each other. 

Let's be proud of what Yuzuru achieved and not dwell on the sad stuff. We know that the road has not been easy and will never be easy for Yuzu. When all the odds are against him, do you still think there will be a deserving reward? Efforts may lie but will never be in vain, let's not be upset over the results and celebrate the incredible feats Yuzuru has shown us that can never be taken from him. 

2 hours ago, Lynnie said:

I'll add a little.

The easygoing part is in the sense of Yuzu being approachable and not putting on airs and graces.

For the saying hi part, Yuzu will proactively say hi if he sees Boyang first.

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

Boyang has always been my favorite skater after Yuzu, and for good reason.

Yuzu and Boyang are so pure that it's natural they gravitate towards each other.

Yuzu knows limited Chinese, but he knows well the phrase to support Boyang (using Boyang's nickname).

I still remember when Yuzu fixed Boyang's national flag for him before the photos at Worlds (if I remember correctly).

So many saw that the flag was upside down (Boyang couldn't see it himself, but others could), and Yuzu was the only one who stopped to help Boyang fix it before the photos were taken, because it would've looked so bad for Boyang if the flag was upside down.

Yuzu is not only the greatest skating legend, his character is also so good, and full of grace and integrity.

Plushenko said in interviews that the most important aspect of Yuzu is that "he is a good guy"

How nice that even Plushenko's son idolizes Yuzu.

There's a very good reason why Yuzu is so loved by so many around the world.

All the Yuzu-haters can diss him all they want, but they're not even worth a fingernail on Yuzu.

Guest Mary_kyo

Respect Nathan? Being happy for him getting a revenge? Sorry, but it can’t be me. All 4 years of endless overscoring and no effort to match his scores, his homophobe comments and disrespecting artistic aspects of FS because of his own lack of skills. This is not a person I respect. His revenge was all staged too. He didn’t deserve that score at all. He was handed this gold by his federation after actively underscoring Yuzu. Nothing about Nathan makes me respect him or admire him. Manufactured skater with fake medal. There I said it.

7 minutes ago, Mary_kyo said:

Respect Nathan? Being happy for him getting a revenge? Sorry, but it can’t be me. All 4 years of endless overscoring and no effort to match his scores, his homophobe comments and disrespecting artistic aspects of FS because of his own lack of skills. This is not a person I respect. His revenge was all staged too. He didn’t deserve that score at all. He was handed this gold by his federation after actively underscoring Yuzu. Nothing about Nathan makes me respect him or admire him. Manufactured skater with fake medal. There I said it.

I feel your pain and I'm glad you got to let this all out frankly and unreservedly. I am a #1 proponent of focusing on the positive, but I support you speaking on the truth and sharing your honest feelings. I want us Fanyus to 100% focus on how great Yuzuru did in the circumstances and celebrate every hard-earned achievement. But I get how devastating it is to see that his results don't match his greatness and that other people's results don't reflect their flaws. 

Jumbled thoughts but I needed to get it out there (this is my second time posting and I'm very nervous hehe)

Before today, I found it difficult to watch programs where he had made mistakes and often found myself watching only his 'perfect' programs whenever I needed comfort. However, these past few days have given me a new perspective. Yes, these olympics were devastating but now thinking back the programs he produced was and is perfect in it's own way. They show both the hardships and celebrations in life and instilled in me a sense of determination and peace. While trying to make myself feel better about what happened, I visited his old programs and found myself only finding comfort in the ones that once would have been difficult for me to watch. Watching him get up and fight gave me more comfort than one of his flawless performances (lets be real tho, all of them are flawless and he does have many ICONIC performances). It is somewhat cathartic to know that one bad moment does not define you and does not erase all you have done, so those programs that I used to avoid? They have now become my comfort performances. 

28 minutes ago, sublimeskating said:

Boyang has always been my favorite skater after Yuzu, and for good reason.

Yuzu and Boyang are so pure that it's natural they gravitate towards each other.

Yuzu knows limited Chinese, but he knows well the phrase to support Boyang (using Boyang's nickname).

I love how Yuzuru makes the effort to try to speak the native language of his skating friends, even to the extent of using Boyang's Chinese nickname. I imagine him looking it up on SNS, it's just so extra and so endearing.  :love:

5 minutes ago, wombat-poodle said:

I love how Yuzuru makes the effort to try to speak the native language of his skating friends, even to the extent of using Boyang's Chinese nickname. I imagine him looking it up on SNS, it's just so extra and so endearing.  :love:

Yes, Yuzu being the angel that he is, it's so like him to do that!

This awesome human being deserves good things in life!

It's disgusting the way the corrupt system treats him, but it makes Yuzu's determination all the more amazing!

10 minutes ago, HTN said:

Jumbled thoughts but I needed to get it out there (this is my second time posting and I'm very nervous hehe)

Before today, I found it difficult to watch programs where he had made mistakes and often found myself watching only his 'perfect' programs whenever I needed comfort. However, these past few days have given me a new perspective. Yes, these olympics were devastating but now thinking back the programs he produced was and is perfect in it's own way. They show both the hardships and celebrations in life and instilled in me a sense of determination and peace. While trying to make myself feel better about what happened, I visited his old programs and found myself only finding comfort in the ones that once would have been difficult for me to watch. Watching him get up and fight gave me more comfort than one of his flawless performances (lets be real tho, all of them are flawless and he does have many ICONIC performances). It is somewhat cathartic to know that one bad moment does not define you and does not erase all you have done, so those programs that I used to avoid? They have now become my comfort performances. 

I totally agree with you.

I think all his performances are amazing, no matter if they are clean or not.

I love his clean performances of course, being the absolute PERFECTION that they are.

But his not clean performances, watching him pick himself up and fight on despite all the pain, my God what an inspiration.

Whenever I feel down or depressed, watching Yuzu being so BRAVE and being such a STRONG AMAZING SPIRIT, that is so comforting and healing.

He is the perfect example of being strong despite adversity, and we can all learn from his awesome strength of character.