General Yuzuru Chat

I became a fan of Hanyu since Sochi 2014, and yes because of an interview that led me to see his SP PW!!  My reaction then was I send the video to my siblings group immediately and told them look at this amazing guy!!  He's something else!! -result my sister is almost a fan lol-.

Since Sochi, I watched Hanyu so closely, I watched every competition live -well on screen sob-.  I saw all his interviews, footages and so on..

The four years after Sochi were so hard on Hanyu & us with all the injuries, operation, flu & asthma!!  But honestly what happened after Pyeongchang is far worst!!  The way they treated him and scored him.. even with no mistakes they would create phantom mistakes..  the way jsf treated him in Nationals in 2019, and their media.. they were so keen to make him a fallen champion.. but they all failed!!  He destroyed all their hopes one year later.

I'll never forgive ISU, judges, JSF and part of FujiTV for what they did to him.. :mad: 

I hope he's better now and overcomes all this!!  And does his very best ever in the coming competition. :tumblr_inline_mto5hwcNlg1qid2nw:

15 minutes ago, Orsa2017 said:

JSF are dead!!  And it's a waste of time hitting the dead (proverb from my region.. or close)!!  

Hanyu's case of underscoring is too obvious for a normal viewer!!  But the judging system is such a mess especially in the ladies!!  It's unbearable to watch international competitions anymore!!  I skip the ladies totally.. the only one i watched recently was Japan Nationals!!

Nothing was lowered though as much as the 4A!!!  -__- 

I agree. The JSF are dead only because they want to be. Proverb to the point and very clear.

The ladies are often problematic, whatever the scoring system, and the Ice dance. Yes, they did not want anyone to try the 4A But noone can tell skaters what they should try or not try.

38 minutes ago, twitwi said:

All tickets are already assigned to certain qualified people, with background check and from certain groups. And then it would be easy to manage them once quanrantine is required.

:scratch3: This doesn't make sense much to me, cause what if those qualified ppl got Covid anyway!!  Isn't it better to sell tickets but put high measures like quarantine and negative Covid test before entering!?  As fans will be more cautious not to get infected once they get the tickets!!!  They wouldn't want to miss the event!! 

15 minutes ago, Orsa2017 said:

I became a fan of Hanyu since Sochi 2014, and yes because of an interview that led me to see his SP PW!!  My reaction then was I send the video to my siblings group immediately and told them look at this amazing guy!!  He's something else!! -result my sister is almost a fan lol-.

Since Sochi, I watched Hanyu so closely, I watched every competition live -well on screen sob-.  I saw all his interviews, footages and so on..

The four years after Sochi were so hard on Hanyu & us with all the injuries, operation, flu & asthma!!  But honestly what happened after Pyeongchang is far worst!!  The way they treated him and scored him.. even with no mistakes they would create phantom mistakes..  the way jsf treated him in Nationals in 2019, and their media.. they were so keen to make him a fallen champion.. but they all failed!!  He destroyed all their hopes one year later.

I'll never forgive ISU, judges, JSF and part of FujiTV for what they did to him.. :mad: 

I hope he's better now and overcomes all this!!  And does his very best ever in the coming competition. :tumblr_inline_mto5hwcNlg1qid2nw:

I don't know which medias you're reading. I'm European and European medias don't trash Yuzu, as far as I can see.  From what I can see, only some US medias are harsh on him. I just avoid them so I don't get too angry. I'm not sure Yuzu skating life was made worse after OG18 or not. What I could see is he struggled mentally to adapt to skating without Javi at his side and he was trying different techniques to overcome this. We all know "I can't do it without you".  I believe he's fine now because what he went through after the OG18 made him grow, which means he's more serene today and far less nervous. This makes me hope he will be fine at the OG22.

I don't want to get too angry at the ISU, the JSF... because there's no point. We cannot redo the past. Let's see it like it's part of life, life can be terribly unfair at times but life takes turns and after the darkness, the bright sun always shines. If Yuzu wins a third OG, all the bad things that happened before will become unworthy of remembering.

Keep in mind Yuzu just said he believe he can win the OG so let's cheer on him and show our support.

12 minutes ago, Kadova said:

wow, that's very sad. Is there a way to know what kind of people the Chinese IOC will choose? If the fans know it, Yuzu should know it too.

To understand this may need some experience living China.... to make this simple, like some goverment department officials.... 

3 minutes ago, twitwi said:

To understand this may need some experience living China.... to make this simple, like some goverment department officials.... 

Oh God, I see what you mean.....are there so many people who could fill the ice rink seats?

Guest Mary_kyo
24 minutes ago, Kadova said:

This is mainly the Japanese fault as they refuse to support their skaters.  The ISUI will listen to the ones who support their skaters like the US fed and the Rusfed. The only thing I want to add is you decided his depression came from underscoring (only as you don't talk about other factors), there's no proof of that. ZAs I said underscoring affects him, of course; We could see it at the GPF19 SP press conf for ex. He would have gone into depression years ago if this was due to underscoring because he was underscored from the start or almost from the start.

OK, I stop annoying you with my opinion.

Let's keep in mind Yuzu does know how much we support him, even when we cannot go to competitions. I will be at the Worlds and I would be happy to meet you there if you come and agree. We can think different and still be friends.

No, the fault is on ISU as the international organization. If local federations support cheating, it’s the duty of the main organization to monitor and stop it. Who can believe in 2022, ISU is yet to incorporate AI for FS?

The thing is that there ARE many proofs that his depression was due to his self-doubts. He said multiple times that he thought he wasn’t improving while others were. He keeps talking about self-doubts and where are those self-doubts coming from? Very easy. He kept improving but his improvements were not reflected in his scores. One instance of him talking about his self-doubts in press conf of nationals 2020:

“For me, something happened at last year’s Japanese Nationals and also the Grand Prix Finals. I felt like I wasn’t really growing, that I was slowly becoming unable to fight, those sort of thoughts were in my head. For a moment, I thought that I had become tired of competing, and I could probably give up at any point, though I think there are probably many people supporting me who don’t want that to happen”

Anyway, yes, I will be in Worlds as I live in south of Belgium and very close to borders with France. It will be probably my last chance to see Yuzu and my other few faves.

14 minutes ago, Orsa2017 said:

:scratch3: This doesn't make sense much to me, cause what if those qualified ppl got Covid anyway!!  Isn't it better to sell tickets but put high measures like quarantine and negative Covid test before entering!?  As fans will be more cautious not to get infected once they get the tickets!!!  They wouldn't want to miss the event!! 

Doesn't make sense to me either, because I already get a permission from my boss long ago that I can WFH (aka in a quanrantine enviroment) for two month, but there's no opportunity to get a ticket.

3 minutes ago, Kadova said:

Oh God, I see what you mean.....are there so many people who could fill the ice rink seats?

not neccessary officials... I just list this and think it is easy to understand...and yes, they can fill the ice rink since as far as I know there is a large area close to the rink will be in a "close bubble", totally empty, and also other seats arrangment is about 4:1, 4 empty 1 people.

6 minutes ago, Kadova said:

I don't know which medias you're reading. I'm European and European medias don't trash Yuzu, as far as I can see.  From what i can see, only some US medias are harsh on him. I just avoid them so I don't get too angry. I'm not sure Yuzu skating life was made worse after OG18 or not. What I could see is he struggled mentally to adapt to skating without Javi at his side and he was trying different techniques to overcome this. We all know "I can't do it without you".  I believe he's fine now because what he went through after the OG18 made him grow, which means he's more serene today and far less nervous. This makes me hope he will be fine at the OG22.

I don't want to get too angry at the ISU, the JSF... because there's no pont. We cannot redo the past. Let's zee it like it's part of life, life can be terribly unfair at times but life takes turns and after the darkness, the bright sun always shine. If Yuzu wins a third OG, all the bad things that happened before will become unworthy of remembering.

Keep in mind Yuzu just said he believe he can win the OG so let's cheer on him and show our support.

As I follow him in many platforms, I often see what the J media also say about him.. unfortunately, a faction in Japan in a specific prefecture really hate him -___- among them are judges, officials, writers..etc!!  Good thing you don't know.. : ) it's better for your health!!  And yes I don't follow any US media and are all blocked or muted!!  But they still appear cause fans talk about it and discuss it!!

But.. yes.. i'm very thankful that he came back strong!!  That's why through all the years I try to stay positive regarding him, hoping he does better, praying for him.. but I still won't forgive ISU & JSF and their clowns :bash: never!!!

Guest Mary_kyo
7 minutes ago, Kadova said:

What I could see is he struggled mentally to adapt to skating without Javi at his side and he was trying different techniques to overcome this.

Please separate AO3 with reality. Yuzu’s depression, struggles and self-doubts have no connections with Javi’s retirement. How can you not see the source of his struggles? He was crushed criminally in 2019 in almost every competition (except SCI). Yuzu is a human too, not a strong stone with no emotions, or not an always happy unicorn who can take any unfair treatment happily. 

33 分, Orsa2017さんが言いました:

I have read in Japanese blog, so please correct me if I am wrong. I have heard tickets will be sold to sponsor companies, public companies. The reason is, if any covid between audience occurs, you can easily chase and treat per organization. It is more difficult for individuals.

6 minutes ago, hamaguri said:

I have read in Japanese blog, so please correct me if I am wrong. I have heard tickets will be sold to sponsor companies, public companies. The reason is, if any covid between audience occurs, you can easily chase and treat per organization. It is more difficult for individuals.

Not sold, assigned. And usually if you are the member from above institution, you don't know which sports and which game you are assigned to... 

3 時間前, Geo1さんが言いました:

Shizuka: What you've accumulated and your achievements to date won't change so –

There's one word that's missing in the translation which makes Yuzu's response even more meaningful. Shizuka said one more word after "so" before Yuzu replied and that word was: "OMOIKIRI" which means "give it your all", "take the plunge" or "go for broke" (risk everything in an all-out effort).

I really love Shizuka's words. They must really encourage yuzu. She was a top of top athlete. She won Gold medal at Olympics for the first time as an Asian country! How big it was considering FS history.

And she is so considerate. At Pyongchang, she went their earlier for her TV job, and sent yuzu Olympics arena for yuzu in Canada. She said he relied my costume will fit with it. She did not ask about his injury, etc., but just sent the photos.