General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, Pammi said:

Here I am, spending my money on posters and clear files all over again like I did when I was a teenager many moons ago (and now during a cost of living crisis....) There is no hope for me anymore.....I have become a Yuzu-merch addict (posters and clearfiles are so lovely, but I was sad that again the GIFT bag was not available *cries*)

Very true! I initially wanted to buy Clamps acrylic stands but later opted out because of trying to save money plus not keen to display and having had to clean them again😜

I prefer to buy tote bags instead.I have collected 4 prologue tote bags and one gift cream tote bag (still in clear wrapping bags)!

According to this news clip, the electricity costs at Ice Rink Sendai have been tripled :dbana:

https://www.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/winter/20230512-OYT1T50243/

リンクの運営会社によると、施設内の電気代が従来の約3倍に膨らんでいる。氷の下のパイプに冷却液を流す「冷凍機」は24時間稼働させることから、特に運転費用がかさむという。そのため、より電力を使う夏場、日中の一般向け営業を休み、冷凍機の稼働率を落とす。夜間や早朝の貸し切り営業、スケート教室での利用は続け、稼働率を一時的に元に戻す。

According to the rink's management company, electricity costs in the facility have ballooned to about three times the previous cost. The "chillers," which run cooling liquid through pipes under ice 24 hours a day, are particularly expensive to operate, according to the company. Therefore, during the summer months, when more electricity is used, the company closes daytime operations for the general public and reduces the operating rate of the chillers. The operation rate will be temporarily restored to its original level by continuing nighttime and early morning rental operations and use for skating classes. (translated by DeepL)

I remember Yuzuru said he was expecting improvement in ice rink facilities when he was asked about new ice rinks in Tetsuko's Room the other day.  This cost problem at Ice Rink Sendai might have been in his head, just my guessing.

Meanwhile, Hungary gives up hosting 2024 European figure skating championships due to economic reasons :whiteflag:

https://apnews.com/article/figure-skating-european-championships-hungary-d3a31b95c2adbee484a6f89600eb0899