If It Wasn't for Yuzuru, I'd Never Have....

If it wasn't for him.... well I would probably not be into figure skating at all, or as much as I am right now. I would just stay as a passive viewer, watching only Olys, that knows nothing about technical aspect of the sport. And it's just like the simplest thing that came into my mind cause I surely owe him a lot more :)

If it wasn't for Yuzu...I wouldn't have gone to Skate Canada. XD Before his retirement announcement, I bought tickets in the "what are the chances what it if actually works out" sort of idea, and, well.  Went anyway and had an amazing time, first time watching a live competition and it was incredible.  Got to watch my other faves, Riku/Ryuichi in person as well as so many other fantastic skaters.  And someday I'll finally get to see Yuzu perform live as well, I hope!

If it wasn't for Yuzuru I'd have never watched figure skating. Sounds dramatic and cliche but where I live figure skating is not really done, and we never have international competitions. I first heard about Yuzuru because of a friend showing me the pooh rain, and I knew I HAD to see how he skated in order to have had that much support. Absolutely addicted to the sport. 

If It Wasn't for Yuzuru, I'd Never Have....

• visited Sendai and tried zunda
  • learned the figure skating terms, trying to distinguish between the different jumps, spins
  • watch skating competitions in the middle of the night
  • pay for YouTube membership
  • pay exuberant amount of shipping for his merch from Japan

If it wasn't for Yuzu....

I'd have never discovered the (fragment of the) song my favourite childhood music box contains.

I have this really old, cheap, music box shaped like a Merry-Go-Round that plays a VERY short fragment of the song. For more than a decade I had asked around and tried to find ways to identify the music. The music sounded familiar to so many people, but no one could point me in the right direction. So I kind of gave up trying to find the song.

Then I saw Yuzu's Hope and Legacy and felt like the music was SIMILAR to my music box's sound. It wasn't it, though. But I decided to watch some Studio Ghibli movies because I found out Joe Hisaishi's music was in a lot of them. That's how I ended up watching Castle in the Sky. And I found my music box's song - Innocent.

If it wasn’t for Yuzu I would never:

- started learning Japanese 

- ate gyoza and tried to make them myself 

- watched anime’s 

- woke up in the middle of the night to watch him competing

- bought a ticket to a figure skating competition and threw it in a trash bin because Yuzu got injured and skipped the event (twice :smiley-sad021:)

- bought books in Japanese I can’t read

- cried over a figure skating program, actually a lot of them (all skated by Yuzu off course) 

- became so enthusiastic, inspired and obsessed about someone I don’t know

- tried to become a better, kinder person 

- subscribed to a YouTube channel and paid for a membership 

- created an account on a social media 

- felt like my life became enriched 

and probably other things I can’t remember right now….