Yuzuru appreciating other skaters

Hi I wnt to start a new thread of interviews of Yuzu complimenting other skaters. He does it often.

Like I remember Yuzu saying he admires evgenia Medvedeva's mental strength and that whether or not she peaks in a season, she skates clean performances. 

Bring on the interviews of Yuzu praising other skaters! 

:pouty:

14 hours ago, theblingmonster said:

I'm sure you'll get lots of content when his CiONTU ice shows start. It'll be so cute to see Yuzu complimenting other skaters he admires, I hope Javi and even Zhenya go there to perform :tumblr_inline_mfy92hO4sm1qid2nw:

Not sure for Zhenya though. She has her own rehab to go through. But he can invite her in his talk show portion there. I can watch them go geeky talking about Tokyo Ghoul and I'll be satisfied. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

14 hours ago, theblingmonster said:

Well to the OP:

We know he's a Boyang fan, and the recent Olys interviews have him spearheading a 1-man campaign against Boyang erasure in the media. But it's pretty well known that he likes Boyang's jumps (and Boyang has always looked up to Yuzu). So to start off this Boyang-Yuzu mutual fandom love:

he always has kind words not just for his idols but for his direct rivals as well.

Boyang Jin: 

Spoiler

About Boyang motivating him:

About Boyang's 4Lz and how he wants to see him do a quint

"Your jumps are amazing!"

he also specifically mentions in a few interviews that it was Boyang's 4Lz that directly inspired him to add more quads & try 4Lz himself:

Patrick Chan:

Spoiler

"in the 2010 season, I heard that Patrick's skating was amazing. "I have to look at it. I have to learn. I have to steal it", I thought".

He was so sweet when he met MCM in Pyeongchang as well:

Spoiler

MCM: "What I’m more happy about is that he’s happy to see me back on the ice again!"

EDIT: I found a sweet gifset of him and Machida complimenting eachother as well ^^

He's complimented Javi and Shoma a lot as well but I'll wait for someone else to compile those, since there are many examples :biggrin:

And of course he praised and thanked his idols Weir, Plushenko, Lambiel a lot too.

tl;dr, he always finds nice things to say about everyone, including his rivals, and I think that's truly admirable!