Poetry thread, a place to wax lyrical about the wonderful Yuzuru!

PPOS

• 2 months later...

Oh it's so exciting that Yuzuru is skating this week at JNats!! 

I just had to write a poem of course!!

What's the best thing in il Mondo? 🌏
It's Yuzuru skating to Rondo! ❤️⛸️
He'll dance light and airy 🕺
as if winged, like a fairy! 🧚
And I'll cry as I watch in my Condo! (waaah 😭😭)
  • 2 months later...

is it okay if i write a paragraph instead? i am not good at poetry, but i still want to express my admiration...

"The first time I saw him was at Pyeongchang 2018, I hadn't thought much about him, he was just another skater out there, performing jumps and competing against others. I paid attention to the female skaters, in awe of their triples and their pullups and sequences. It wasn't until last year that I started to notice and track him, thinking, 'His skating is not just of some skater out there, his movements are graceful and beautiful. I wish I could be like him.' Then, as I tracked him across the web more, I realized his skating was not just beautiful, but ethereal, his torso unmoving as he waves and moves his arms and legs, dancing and flowing with the classical music I once disliked. The more I watched him the more I thought, 'His smile is like the blooming spring, his expressions can make me emotional like the changing of seasons. His skating is incredible and his personality is like the rays of sunlight,' for I have not ever thought him being handsome was the main course, but rather icing on the cake. However, I have not yet had the chance to see him skate from the spectator's seat unfortunately. I hope I can, but even better than watching as a spectator, meeting him as my senior fellow skater and possibly predecessor, exchanging handshakes and words, so I may express my admiration not by throwing plushes onto the ice, but to his face so I can be someone he's met, someone he remembers."

(Sorry for the long paragraph instead of a poem!!)

• 7 months later...

I'm sorry folks, watching Yuzu Skating Party today meant another Limerick poem appearing to me out of the White and Purple ether, unbidden....

Today I sat chilling in "Ma Maison" 

and watched a Divine Man skate "Raison",

dressed in Purple and White

and an Aura of Light,

t'was Yuzuru, he really can "SLAY-son"!! :laughing:

• 1 month later...

On the day of Yuzu's Prologue in Hachinohe  this came to me after reading a tweet about Yuzuru's apparent fear of abandonment by us and our fickle love for him:tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw:

....and also because it snowed in Hachinohe before the show...so romantic somehow!

As snowflakes 

fall from skies of swirling grey, 

he walks, a black silhouette

along streets of virginal white,

through entrance doors and corridors,

he thinks of the featherlight touch

of each unique flake of snow

on his face, still tingling,

he feels how each brushed his cold skin

like a kiss, perhaps from an admirer,

similarly unique in their life

and in their love for him -