More morning show snippets

On 8/9/2017 at 1:20 AM, MrPudding said:

On 8/9/2017 at 1:23 AM, MrPudding said:

On 8/9/2017 at 1:25 AM, MrPudding said:

On 8/9/2017 at 2:09 AM, ralucutzagy said:

On 8/9/2017 at 2:15 AM, ralucutzagy said:

All today news in one vid! :heart: Snippets of Chopin too!!!

https://twitter.com/77karat/status/895207003336957952

On 8/9/2017 at 2:36 AM, ralucutzagy said:

On 8/9/2017 at 2:44 AM, kamotejojo said:

1 hour ago, PomeloPooh said:

Q: About putting 4Lz into a program?

Yuzu: I can jump it. The result of practicing it is alright, but I'm not considering (adding it) now. I want to complete this layout beautifully.

Q: What's the necessary thing for defending your Olympic Title?

Yuzu: Skating clean is the most important thing. If I can do that, the result will be there by itself. I want to power up/get stronger.

source

52 minutes ago, Floria said:

source

So, he didn't show the whole program. It explains why some parts are missing in the news clips.

But well, we still have got another practice in less then 5 hours.

13 minutes ago, kamotejojo said:

The latest from YzRIKO:

Pino's version:

Reveal hidden contents

On 8/9/2017 at 4:19 PM, xeyra said:

On 8/9/2017 at 4:29 PM, MrPudding said:

On 8/9/2017 at 4:36 PM, MrPudding said:

https://twitter.com/shizuki2000/status/895291443958370304

Translate please :10636614:

I think you mean Gold Medals.. especially Olympics ones...

On 8/9/2017 at 4:38 PM, kamotejojo said:

Another one from Pino:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/35E2qD7xXBg

On 8/9/2017 at 4:39 PM, MrPudding said:

On 8/9/2017 at 4:40 PM, ralucutzagy said:

On 8/9/2017 at 4:47 PM, ralucutzagy said:

On 8/9/2017 at 5:29 PM, kamotejojo said:

On 8/9/2017 at 5:52 PM, kamotejojo said:

On 8/9/2017 at 7:48 PM, ralucutzagy said:

More Yuzu Brian moments... and Chopin :8232307:

https://twitter.com/yuzu_kyun_mami/status/895215849358860289

On 8/10/2017 at 12:36 AM, Lunna said:

On 8/10/2017 at 1:16 AM, Hydroblade said:

Won't do a word by word translation here bc i am not confident lmao

He's thanking everyone (people following ANA's SNS?) for the support they give to him, saying that he is practicing in Canada for the new season, he will do his best (全力で頑張っていきます, not suuure how to translate this but it's like he's going to give his all? full strength?) And asking us to keep cheering for him :) 

On 8/10/2017 at 2:05 AM, Yatagarasu said:

A bit more from the translation front:

x

I really like that one!

Especially the bold bit up there. I love how he is self-aware about this part of his skating and emphasizes it. Because he is, and at the same time, these are the rarest breed of skaters. He's just so good, at everything.

On 8/10/2017 at 2:13 AM, kamotejojo said:

:67789441: So far these are the new clips uploaded. :68468287:

From YzRIKO:

From Pino:

From M【2016-2017】:

I think these are same shows:

On 8/10/2017 at 2:28 AM, Yatagarasu said:

Another little one

8/10 05:05 Sanspo Page 3

- There is a reason for such confidence. Off-season. Hanyu continued to face skating [in his university courses]. Ergonomics, Medicine, Ethics––he reached out in all directions seeking hints for [further] evolution. Sometimes applying his own jumps into mathematical expressions, analyzing their “moments”––the turning effects of forces. “I aim to be a skater whom, any way they slice it, [people would have to say], ‘Hanyu is just so good.’” The ambition to aim for the top of the podium drives the 22-year-old."

On 8/9/2017 at 6:08 PM, katonice said:

On 8/9/2017 at 3:39 PM, obscurite said:

On 8/9/2017 at 6:16 PM, kamotejojo said:

On 8/9/2017 at 7:34 PM, kamotejojo said:

On 8/9/2017 at 8:20 PM, Anya said:

Yuzu, we'd love to see your signed shirt, but we'd love to see your face more. :laughing:

https://twitter.com/ANA_travel_info/status/895480065550450688

:laughing:

On 8/9/2017 at 8:58 PM, Geo1 said:

Kyodo News

Figure skating: Hanyu to skate to "Onmyoji" during Olympic season

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2017/08/85d4fe54983a-figure-skating-hanyu-to-skate-to-onmyoji-during-olympic-season.html 

TORONTO – Reigning Olympic champion Yuzuru Hanyu said Tuesday he will be using the soundtrack from the film "Onmyoji" (The Yin-Yang Master) for his free skate program in the 2017-2018 season, including at the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics.

Speaking to reporters in Toronto where he is currently training, Hanyu said he has long been planning to use the music from the popular 2001 Japanese movie.

It will be the second time he performs to the piece. He set his free skate routine to it throughout the 2015-2016 season, when he took men's figure skating to a new level.

That season, Hanyu broke the world free skate score record several times, skating to the Japanese-themed music where he portrayed a 10th century Japanese astronomer Abe no Seimei.

At the Grand Prix Final in Barcelona in December 2015, Hanyu received a record shattering total of 330.43 points, 219.48 in the free and 110.95 in the short, with two of the three – total score and short program score – still standing as world records.

"I was able to perform well to that music, so I knew I wanted to use it in the Olympic season. I've been saving it for this occasion," Hanyu said.

Six months out from the games in South Korea, the 22-year-old has been working on his quad jumps in training. He plans to add a fifth quad to the free skate routine he put together for the world championships in Helsinki in April, when (he) earned his second world title by racking up a world record 223.20 points for his free skate.

"The quality of composition (of my free skate program) has definitely improved compared to last season and I'm eager to create strong, attacking choreography," said Hanyu, revealing his plan to jump three of the five quads in the second half of the program – when jumps scores are multiplied by a bonus factor of 1.1.

Hanyu earlier announced he has selected Chopin's "Ballad No. 1" for his short program, also the same music he used two seasons ago for his 2-minute, 50 second program.

"Maybe I had a few doubts about (using the same music) for the short program but I knew before going into last season that I would use Onmyoji for the free (this season)."

Competitors are free to use the music of their choice, but it is uncommon for a skater to reuse a piece as Hanyu plans to do.

But the Japanese believes the right music can make or break a program, and these two pieces will help turn his Olympic goal into reality. He is aiming to be the first person in 66 years to win two consecutive Olympic gold medals in men's figure skating.

"My goal for the season? Of course, I want to win a second gold," Hanyu said.

Hanyu added he was comfortable with the way he is skating and did not feel any pressure to rewrite his world records in the short and the free programs.

"There is not really any pressure. I am feeling comfortable with my skating. My jumps, spins and steps – I have made all of the elements my own and I am not thinking about anything extraneous."

Asked what would be required to defend his Olympics title, Hanyu said, "The most important thing is to skate cleanly. If I can do that then the results will follow naturally."

On 8/10/2017 at 4:56 AM, Anya said:

Oh, so that ANA video/post earlier was actually a contest thingy. :laughing:

https://twitter.com/Iron_Klaus/status/895599161738895361

On 8/10/2017 at 5:25 AM, Floria said:

On 8/10/2017 at 6:11 AM, ralucutzagy said:

21 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

More translations - to this video.

NTV Sukkiri (Seimei Shrine special, 4T3T rippon, comments from Aya Kawai, FS commentator + Nagano ID representative)

8/10 8:00 (cr. yuzu_pino@twi)

04:21 - 
4T3T rippon \o/ (yuzu_pino@twi also clipped it out here)

04:29 - 
Hanyu visited Seimei Shrine on 6/04 and left an ema: “May I bring performances as I’d envisioned, and, may happiness come to everyone, through my performances. 2017.6.4. Hanyu Yuzuru” (04:29 in video)

04:30 - 
The production team visited Seimei Shrine on 8/09. According to Chief Priest Yamaguchi, Hanyu visited to give thanks as he had used Abe no Seimei as theme in his performances the season before the last, to express gratitude that he was able to do it. Thinking back, Yamaguchi thought he might already have held the thoughts of using the music of Seimei in his chest, and had come before the altar to report these thoughts to the gods. (04:30)

05:53 - 
When Hanyu visited two years ago in July, he had gone to see the portrait of Abe no Seimei (usually made open to the public once a year in September). Yamaguchi recounted that for around ten minutes, Hanyu was silently looking at the portrait, in seiza (kneeling with tops of feet flat on floor and sitting on the soles) with his back very straight, tauter than the usual. Seemed to have many thoughts. Yamaguchi thought perhaps Hanyu had at that point been practicing with the image of “Hanyu” and wondered if, seeing the portrait, that image had become something new. (05:53)

07:21 - 
Many fans came to wish for his health and a gold medal in Pyeongchang Olympics. The production team interviewed a (male) fan: “He is really amazing, isn’t he? I hadn’t watched much figure skating, but when I saw his performance, I began to find figure skating interesting. So I hope he’ll be in perfect condition in face of the Pyeongchang Olympics.” 

10:32 - 
Aya Kawai (Nagano Olympics Ice Dance representative, FS commentator): Because the sense of novelty is lost when music is reused, it makes it hard to impress the viewer. He got many 10s in his components two years ago, but there’s the possibility that 10s won’t come so easily. So in order to get 10s, he must put out an amazing performance, clearly superior to the last time.

11:07 - (Narrator/caption: About bringing 5 quads into the program this season)
Isn’t it exactly Hanyu’s figure skating that always evolves and goes beyond the current limits?

11:21 - (Narrator/caption: The evolution seen in the practice footage is…)
The opening Loop gives off such an increased sense of stability. It’s the newest quad to him and the most difficult. But for a second, I thought it was a triple––it looked that secure. It was such a good jump that, if I were a judge, I would want to give him all the GOEs.

12:10
Reporter at media day: What’s your goal at the Olympics?
Hanyu: First… first… I have to be chosen as Olympic representative…*laughs* I think *laughs more*

Reporter prompting: And beyond that?
Hanyu: Well. If I’m chosen as representative, the gold medal… of course I want to aim for it. *giggles* I [made the quote] difficult [for you] to use >”<

source

11 hours ago, Floria said:

There are mentions of 3A2Lo in Twitter. Have I missed something?

https://twitter.com/ponpon_dahlia/status/895880543077711872

11 hours ago, freeyafanfan said:

Apparently, yuzu practiced 3A-2Lo combo on 2nd media day :10636614: to quote: "こう話す羽生は、今回の練習でトリプルアクセルのセカンドに2回転トーループではなく2回転ループをつけることもあった" source from the sportiva link below:

https://twitter.com/FsGlo/status/895865740326125568