2024 Figure Skating World Championship (Montreal, Canada)

Fay

Hello, just opening a thread in case anyone casually watches any of the events of the Worlds and feels like sharing their impressions. 
I will try hard to find a stream and watch some skaters. Excited for little Mone! 

Huh, I just learned that ice rinks in the US and Canada are smaller then european ice rinks......

And I just saw in the technical elements box something like "forward in death sq"?😳. It was during the pair that skated the Elvis Presley program. Anyone knows what that is? Or did I miss read🤔.

So I just discovered that the ISU's YouTube feed for Worlds is geo-blocked in Canada. Presumably that means it'll be broadcast on CBC, but for anyone setting a VPN to watch, don't use Canada

Also, what was the pairs short result?

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

So I just discovered that the ISU's YouTube feed for Worlds is geo-blocked in Canada. Presumably that means it'll be broadcast on CBC, but for anyone setting a VPN to watch, don't use Canada

I expected it to be blocked in germany, but it wasn't today. So one could try vpn with germany🤷🏼‍♀️.

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Also, what was the pairs short result?

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season2324/wc2024/SEG005.htm

Canada before Japan and Italy. One german pair sitting at 4th place, but didn't see them skate (or the last group)🤷🏼‍♀️.

Ok, I couldn't watch the ladies and haven't found time for the replay, but looked at the results.....

Kaori at 4th place surprised me a lot, but seeing Loena at first made me smile at the same time.

4 hours ago, Faithyu said:

Ok, I couldn't watch the ladies and haven't found time for the replay, but looked at the results.....

Kaori at 4th place surprised me a lot, but seeing Loena at first made me smile at the same time.

Kaori had a weird little slip in her step seq and an iffy 3Lz landing. She just seemed a little off.

So whoever is DJ-ing the arena music today just played Blinding Lights during the judge/tech panel intro - and cut it off as soon as the intro ended. It's *very* hard for me as a fanyu not to read too much into that 🤣

7 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Kaori had a weird little slip in her step seq and an iffy 3Lz landing. She just seemed a little off.

Hope she has a great free skate....

7 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

So whoever is DJ-ing the arena music today just played Blinding Lights during the judge/tech panel intro - and cut it off as soon as the intro ended. It's *very* hard for me as a fanyu not to read too much into that 🤣

LOL.

So, YT stream is now blocked in germany. No donavan or Roman for me to see live. We get a strean at 6.30pm.....

And a compliment to you in the audience, our commentator loves what your doing in the arena and praises your "knowledge and love you show for the sport"😁

1 minute ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Donovan is SO SPARKLY today!

This yellow and green costume... wow!

I want to watch😭😭😭.....let us know how he did. And Roman as well please.

56 minutes ago, Faithyu said:

...let us know how he did. And Roman as well please.

Donovan SERVED! And did his 4S right in front of me.... I was on the edge of my seat. 80.19 pts

Roman is still a ways away... 40 skaters in this event!

So far, the men have been setting a pretty high bar - varying tech levels, but everyone going clean except for a pop or two

21 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Donovan SERVED! And did his 4S right in front of me.... I was on the edge of my seat. 80.19 pts

:cheer:, great to hear.

And we get the stream earlier then expected, in 10min😁.

So I will be able to see Roman skate.

I watched the ladies. Damn, Loena slayed and burned the ice. She was great, like, really great in my opinion🤩😍🤩.

Kaori, I did not expect these two small mistakes to be so costly, seems like they looked small, but weren't.