[News] [Compilation] Statement of Determination (Turning Professional)

sallycinnamon

On 7/20/2022 at 2:36 PM, SuzyQ said:

TV Asahi will broadcast a special program of Yuzuru on 23rd (6:56 - 8:54 PM)

https://post.tv-asahi.co.jp/post-191363/

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/f4f8a016983cfba1b166ef59408b9c093cff6202

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/02e6b0013215721acaeaa57bdba2b6e2e4e2ffc9

Yuzuru with Shuzo Matsuoka, Shizuka Arakawa and Nobunari Oda

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

On 7/20/2022 at 2:50 PM, Sun_Rise said:

He said: "Truthfully, I didn't plan to go to the Beijing Olympics at all. I wanted to land the 4A asap and end it. But the fact that I went to Beijing like that, challenged it, failed, couldn't get it & went unrewarded and, even so, was supported and there were many people who felt something from seeing that version of me is still saving me even now. From here on out, I still want to work hard and run together with everyone, aiming for my dream". 

@citrusjunosI love your long posts. This one brought in some very needed healing. All the parts. 

On 7/20/2022 at 3:00 PM, lajoitko said:

TBS will show 30 minutes program of never before seen scenes on Saturday. Saturday seems to be a super Yuzu-day. First we will have FaOI broadcast, then this TBS program and then Yuzu will be live (?) on tv Asahi program. Hopefully someone has the exact times. My brain is overworked right now trying to process everything at once.

On 7/20/2022 at 4:43 PM, Madita said:

https://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/yuzuru-hanyu-ruecktritt-eiskunstlauf-1.5624441

A long article in a german newspaper ... Translation here

His fans flew around the world, after his performances it rained plush bears: Two-time Olympic champion Yuzuru Hanyu is extremely popular, especially in Asia - now he is retiring at the age of 27. But he still wants to make the most difficult jump.

By Barbara Klimke

How the ice shook, Yuzuru Hanyu has never forgotten. Sometimes he told the audience about it, in his own way: dancing, floating and with images he created from movement. He dedicated his 2017 World Cup freestyle to the victims of the earthquake disaster and tsunami in Japan. Likewise the gala program after the Olympic victory at the Winter Games in Pyeongchang. This short piece, "Notte Stellata" to music by Camille Saint-Saëns, is an elegy on skids. A lament without words that everyone in the world understands.

Hanyu was 16 years old and in the middle of training at the Sendai ice rink when, on March 11, 2011, the earth shook, he felt the ground buckle upward, and he ran outside with skates on his feet. His family briefly took shelter in an emergency camp; his parents' house had become uninhabitable, and the ice stadium, like many other buildings, had been badly damaged and destroyed. So many people, he later recounted, had helped them back then, when no one knew how things would continue, when his own career was also in the stars: "I therefore wanted to do something for them - and what I can do is skate."

Nineteen world records
From then on, Hanyu defined his sport for eleven years before he now declared his competitive career over on Tuesday at the age of 27. He was the first Olympic champion from Asia in men's single skating in 2014, the first also since 1952 to defend his gold medal four years later, plus two times world champion, four times Grand Prix finalist. 19 times he set world records in points. But no number can express what this slender, quiet, introverted athlete also achieved: he enchanted spectators, touched their imagination.

When the music kicked in, he led the proof that this sport, born of drill and discipline, can have a soul in its most beautiful, weightless moments. That art, even if it is figure skating, always consists of a give and take. He understood his audience, and his audience understood him. Hundreds of thousands cheered him on the streets of his hometown of Sendai after his second Olympic victory.

His fans, called "fanyus," drew him pictures and wrote poems, they flew halfway around the globe to see "Yuzu" live, they sometimes camped outside arenas to stand at the front of the line when the box office opened. Geographically, this shy young man is a rock star only in Asia; figure skating in general has lost much of its popularity. But there, after his performances, yellow plush bears pelted the ice from the stands as if someone had opened the floodgates to bear heaven; in Pyeongchang, some female spectators wore hair bands with bear ears to express their admiration for the artist, whose mascot is Winnie the Pooh. He has donated stuffed animals to children's hospitals by the sackful.

"He has an aura, a special presence," Midori Ito, the 1989 world champion, once said. Even the American Nathan Chen, who most recently took the world championship title from him three times and also most of the records, called him the "greatest of all time" after his own Olympic victory in Beijing in February, probably not just out of politeness. For Hanyu's weightless artistry - part artist, part Ariel the Air Spirit - was only one side. The other revealed itself in a competitive toughness and robustness that contrasted spectacularly with a delicate, ethereal being. Hanyu, who moved to Canada soon after the earthquake to train with former world champion Brian Orser, was also the first athlete to stand the quadruple loop in competition, pushing himself to ever new heights in his duel with Chen.

Still in Beijing, at his last competition, when he was almost hopelessly behind after the short program because of an accidental Salchow, he bet on everything and risked a world novelty: the quadruple Axel, the only vault where even four and a half turns around its own axis are necessary. The attempt ended in a fall and is now recorded with an asterisk as unfinished in the style bible of figure skating. 

Hanyu finished the 2022 Winter Games in fourth place behind Chen and two young Japanese colleagues.

Days later it became known that he had again competed with an ankle injury. In 2018, he had already torn the ligaments in his foot in a fall three months before his second Olympic victory.

But Hanyu has not yet written off the quadruple axel. He wants to continue to bring it to perfection - even after the end of the competition. Because his life as a figure skater, he explained at the press conference in Tokyo on Tuesday, is not over yet. From now on, he wants to perform in shows without being subject to the judgment of judges: "I want people to see me continue to fight." He feels he can still give a lot to people. "I'm not sad at all," he said after a deep bow as he left.

On 7/20/2022 at 6:09 PM, Anni said:

Here the scene with the insect:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

[NEWS]

The special program from today to download (1:22 h)

Reveal hidden contents

Jason also discovered the newspaper in Japan. :happy:

[NEWS]

On 7/20/2022 at 6:54 PM, SuzyQ said:

For those who are interested in team Sirius.

I thought I had read it somewhere, and found the article today.

This is an excerpt from an article of weekly magazine 週刊文春 Shukan Bunshun. This is one of gossip magazines, and I do not totally agree with the whole article, but as far as this info on the management team is concerned, it may be OK to believe.

https://bunshun.jp/articles/-/55974?page=2

実は、羽生は13年10月に、マネジメントや肖像権などを管理する個人事務所「team Sirius」を設立していた。当初は由美や城田と縁のある女性が取締役を務めていたが、18年11月、フィギュア界と縁の無さそうな人物が代表取締役に就任している。

元東京地検特捜部検事で、現在は、企業コンプライアンスなどを専門にする弁護士の政木道夫だ。

「東京地検の久木元伸検事正らと同期で、花の司法修習41期。04年に弁護士に転身しました。原発事故を巡る東電旧経営陣の裁判では、弁護士として被告の一審無罪を勝ち取った。伊調馨がパワハラを告発した問題では、レスリング協会の調査を行う第三者委員会の委員を務めました。羽生家とは18年11月以前から付き合いがあったそうで、事務所の社長に就任したといいます」(社会部記者。政木は「回答は差し控えさせて頂きます」と回答)

(rough translation by me)

In fact, in October 2013, Hanyu established a personal office, team Sirius, to do management including portrait rights. Initially, a woman who had a connection with Yumi (Hanyu) and (Noriko) Shirota served as Director, but in November 2018, a person who seems to have no apparent connection with the figure skating world was appointed as Representative Director.

It is Michio Masaki, a former prosecutor of the Tokyo District Public Prosecutors Office and now a lawyer specializing in corporate compliance etc.

“He was a colleague of Shin Kugimoto, Chief Public Prosecutor of the Tokyo District Public Prosecutors Office, and other elite prosecutors of the famous 41st year of legal apprenticeship. He became a lawyer in 2004. As a lawyer, he won the acquittal of the defendant in the first instance in the trial of the former management of TEPCO over the nuclear accident. In the issue of Kaoru Icho's accusation of power harassment, he served as a member of the third-party committee investigating the Japan Wrestling Federation. We hear that he had known the Hanyu family before November 2018, and was appointed as the head of the office,” said a reporter from the Social Affairs Department (of the press). (Masaki said that he would refrain from giving a response)

• sallycinnamon changed the title to [News] Compilation] Statement of Determination (Turning Professional)
  • yuzuangel changed the title to [News] [Compilation] Statement of Determination (Turning Professional)
  • sallycinnamon pinned this topic
  • sallycinnamon locked this topic