🎵Chopin Ballade No. 1 Bracket 🎶: Finals

Chopin Ballade No. 1  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 4/11/2020 at 8:49 AM, rockstaryuzu said:

For me it's 4CC all the way. He owned that performance easy as breathing. PC Chopin certainly has a special place in my heart because it was like the sun coming out after a blizzard, but in terms of which one was the better, more perfect Yuzu performance, it's 4CC. 

You know how he sounds in media when he introduces himself and says his own name? That's what 4CC Chopin was like. At least, in my eyes, anyway.

Big agree. He spent most of 2 seasons wandering, and Chopin brought him home to himself at 4CC. There was that little glimpse of pride and that he'd been reassured in his ability at SC when he just looked around while he kneeled on the ice after Origin but 4CC Chopin was more than just him proving to himself he can still deliver like that. 4CC Chopin was him finding himself and being able to skate for himself in a way I don't think he really has before.

LOLsob after seeing the results I want to change my vote help:laughing::whiteflag::help:

this was THE impossible choice and rewatching didn't help, only made the choice harder.

I still prefer Oly chopin composition-wise, the placement of the lovely rippon combo and especially the two spins back to back, I love how two spins can create such a stark contrast.  BUT no doubt 4CC was sheer perfection (and no doubt it was even more flawless technically).

When it's about Yuzu, I usually tend to choose his more recent perf (when I am absolutely forced to choose, I proudly to admit that I try to cheat the impossible choices as much as I can:P) simply because he truly never stops improving, but Oly Chopin was SO emotionally loaded, it was so meaningful and special...then again, I also remember the intense relief I felt after 4CC SP. I was so, so worried that a mistake, any mistake there, in the program that used to calm him and that had been "there" for him so many times(GPF15, Boston, PyeongChang...) would have been so devastating for Yuzuru mentally. After the disappointment of Saitama and Turin, after Nats and the change of programs (with people like H*rsh writing entire articles to claim Yuzu was expected to do "better"), I hated the idea of how much another "failure" would have affected Yuzuru (and how much certain people and media would jump at his throat).

So... in the end I chose the program that I thought was going to lose anyway by a large margin ... but...I see now that nope, it's gonna be close :oops:

I might have miscalculated:1::headdesk2:

anyway it's Zuzu's fault for skating so amazingly:angrypooh:

Incidentally, my OWGvs4CC ballade rewatch was the first figure skating I saw after the Sochi rewatch a while ago so... what a way to be reminded how beautiful and otherwordly Yuzuru's skating is:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

On 4/12/2020 at 2:49 AM, Dreamer said:

i love 💕 all yuzu’s short programs.....my favourite is whichever one I am watching of Chopin😍🥰 

This. 

So true. 

I watched Oly and was like "Yeap, my fav". Watched 4CC and "No, this is then my fav". Back to Oly "Nah, definitely my fav". :59227c768286a__s:

Ended up having to watch both videos side by side to decide...

For me, it's PC, not because it's a more perfect skate, but because he put absolutely everything on the line. I forget which journalist asked him later,  "When did you know you'd be ready?" And he said, "I wasn't ready." He believed that if he competed with his injury, on painkillers, he might never skate again. And he did it anyway. 

Same with the FS. It's not his best Seimei, but it's his greatest Seimei: the ultimate YOLO statement of his absolute will to win. 

I agree that he had a lot at stake at 4CC -- lots of demons to exorcise. But nothing compares to PC for sheer courage and determination. At least not in my book. 

:hachimaki: